“Pool Issue”

Hilton Garden Inn Hershey
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Hummelstown
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I mentioned earlier the pools chlorine was way too strong. Otherwise we were extremely happy with the hotel and would recommend it. The buffet breakfast was exceptional and we loved the lobby! The service was also very very good!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Paula,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about the hotel. I am glad that the service and amenities keep you coming back to visit. I regret that the chlorine levels seemed high during your visit. We do monitor them regularly and will increase that frequency to ensure the levels are correct. Thank you for bringing this to our attention again. We look forward to welcoming you back.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Hershey

Reviewed June 25, 2013

This seems like a beautiful hotel. New, clean but our room smelled horrid. Very musty, stale. Asked for a bottle of Febreeze at front desk and used up almost an entire bottle. Still couldn't get smell out / or cover it up. I don't understand how you can build a hotel with no bath vents or other ventilation. I believe it is required in a residential building in a bath. It seems like it would be common sense. I noticed there are other reviews that refers to the smell in the rooms.

CSMM121212,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about our hotel. We pride ourselves on the service and quality that we provide to our guests and rely on your feedback to continue improving. I appreciate you mentioning the beauty and cleanliness of the hotel. I regret that this was overshadowed by your experience. We apologize for the inconvenient smell during your stay and we are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality you deserve. Because travel is very important, we try hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We will use your feedback to monitor the quality that we are providing. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future. Please reach out to me directly with any additional comments or feedback.
edailey@greenwoodhospitality.com

Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stayed here Father's Day weekend. The lobby was small but very pretty with coffee and cookies, which my husband and daughter loved. The workers were all very helpful and friendly. We didn't eat dinner, but we had breakfast which was very good plenty to full you up for the day. The hotel was located by everything we wanted to do. But it wasn't really located in walking distance like the hotel claims. Overall a great place to stay when looking for a hotel by Hershey park!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Bridget A,
I am pleased that you and your family were able to share a special Father's Day weekend with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your visit. I am glad that you found our amenities such as coffee and cookies in the lobby and breakfast to be enjoyable. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Over all experience exceeded my expectations!!! The staff was exceptional and went out of their way to accommodate us in every way. They were very children friendly and made everyone feel at home. The room was immaculate and the staff was very efficient. This was a top notch experience for all!!!

Denice C,

I am pleased that you and your family were able to join us for your recent visit to the area. Thank you for sharing your wonderful comments about the hotel and our staff. We pride ourselves on the service that we provide and it is great to know when we have exceeded our guests' expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

My overall experience at the Hilton Garden Inn was disappointing. Not at all what I expected after spending the entire day at Hershey Park with the kids. I don’t expect to hear the outside door slamming in the morning or smell a stale odor in the room and the poor customer service from the waitress. After eating my breakfast for over 20 minutes, the waitress never introduced herself, smiled, in fact the first thing she asked, “Was the meals going to be charged to your room or do you have a coupon?” Is this customer service? However, the chef who made my omelet was “outstanding”! He greeted me, very pleasant and although he was somewhat busy, he still made me feel special. That’s what I expect from a Hilton brand.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Aanzbruna B,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your reflections about your visit with us. We pride ourselves on providing great service and a comfortable environment and very much rely on our fantastic guests to help us improve. I am pleased that you were able to enjoy Hershey Park. Please accept my sincere apology that certain aspects of your stay were not to the high standard that we expect. We will use your comments about the door noise, room odor, and dining service as a training opportunity and will continue to monitor the quality and service that we provide to our guests. I certainly hope that we have an opportunity to welcome you back again soon to provide an exceptional experience. Please reach out to me directly for any assistance with your booking.
edailey@greenwoodhospitality.com

Reviewed June 14, 2013

The staff/service is friendly and courteous. We had free use of the business computer room and printer which is very helpful and convenient! The lobby, pantry, and dining area is very nicely furnished, clean, and inviting. Hotel and rooms are very clean, clean, comfortable and new. Breakfast is from 7am - 10am and costs approximately $10 or so per person. The outdoor dining patio is small; but is also very nice. Nice exercise room. The indoor pool and jacuzzi is heated and clean; but a little small. The location is close to Hershey Park, Hershey Story Museum, Hershey Chocolate World, dining, the supermarket, and Kmart. It is a very relaxing and pleasant stay for us. We plan to stay here the next time we visit Hershey.

• Stayed: June 2013
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

tangotaco,
Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay with us. I am pleased that your visit was so pleasant and relaxing and that we were able to enhance it with the service and amenities that you experienced. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Hummelstown, Pa. for a long weekend trip to Hershey Park.The Inn was conveniently located to stores, restaurants, Outlets, and of course Hershey Park and ChocolateWorld. It was very clean and the manager was extremely helpful with both information and quick and easy check-in. We arrived late in the evening and our 2 adjourning rooms were waiting for us. The beds were extremely comfortable, the room a nice size, and the convenience of both a small refrig and micro were nice to have in the room. The indoor pool was nice for a late evening. The pool area was very clean and fresh towels were available. They do serve a breakfast (not complimentary). It was just okay, the chef was able to make up omlets, pancakes, egg choices, etc. selections of toast, pastries, juice, cereal and coffee. $10.99 adult, and $5.95 for children. It was convenient to eat there and then just leave for your day's outings. There is much to do in Hershey Park and a ride through Chocolate World is a must. a fun place to go for a long weekend! And if you're heading East when you leave stop in Shartlesville, at the Roadside America. It is definitely worth the stop.

Arlene,
I am pleased that you and your family were able to stay with us during your recent trip to Hershey Park. I am glad to learn that you had fun while you were here. I am pleased that the convenience of our hotel and the amenities such as the refrigerator and microwave, breakfast, and the pool helped to enhance your visit. We hope to welcome you back again soon; as you mentioned, there is much to do in Hershey Park, but even more to do in the rest of the city!
Portfolio Reputation Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hummelstown
Courtyard Hershey Chocolate Avenue
Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey Near The Park
Super 8 Hershey
Super 8 Hershey
#3 of 25 in Hershey

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Hershey? Share your experiences!