“Take care if the hotel is sold out and the hotel staff needs your room”

Hilton Garden Inn Hershey
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Hummelstown
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Take care if the hotel is sold out and the hotel staff needs your room”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

During a two weeks business project in PA, we selected the Hilton Garden Inn Hershey. We made two bookings, one, from April 7 to 12 and an additional booking from April 14 to 19.
However, I decided to stay during the weekend also (April 12 to 14) at Hershey city to visit some local attractions. I talked with the front desk to adjust my bookings accordingly, and she decided to cancel my second week booking (April 14 to 19) in order to extend my first week booking to checking out on April 19. My surprise was on April 12 when the front desk contact me about my checkout time. I explained again the situation and the changes made by the front desk to my bookings. The hotel staff just mentioned that my second week booking (April 14 to 19) was cancelled and my checkout should be on April 12 as recorded in my original booking. In addition, they needed my room because the hotel was SOLD OUT for the upcoming week (April 14 to 19). As a result, no hotel for me from April 14 to 19, neither from April 12 to 14 and the project team just splitted.

Room Tip: No shared rooms (Rooms with internal door to connect to the next room)
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Felipe78
Barbara L, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Hershey, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
I was sorry to hear about the disappointment you had with your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Hershey. Please accept our apology for the mixup with your reservations and that you were unable to stay for your requested dates. I'm certain that any cancellation of your reservation was not intentional. I hope you will stay with us again and give us the opportunity to show you why the name Hilton is synonomous with hospitality. Kind regards, Barbara

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
LImerick, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

My sister and I met in Hershey for a spa weekend and didn't want to spend over $300/night at the Hershey Hotel. So glad we found the Hilton Garden Inn. It is in a great location, just a short drive to the spa and located close to many restaurants and shopping. The staff was wonderful, everyone was so friendly. The room was clean and comfortable and the breakfast was very good. Will definitely stay here again when in town.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Manassas, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

Nice quiet hotel but pool is small. Try a nice hot hotel breakfast for $10 All U Can Eat. Hotel is on a hill with adequate parking in the rear. Gym area has a hot tub that fits maybe 3 people with power massage jets. The staff is very helpful and a small business center is available.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

The food smelled great, but by the time we got the wrong room, which they didn't fix, the kitchen closed. Their systems went down, every time you left your room you needed someone to come up and open your room for you. I would rather sleep in my truck than stay here

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Barbara L, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hershey, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
I was sorry to hear about the disappointment you had with your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Hershey. Please accept our apology for the outage that occured on the night of your visit. It was an unusual occurance and effected all Hilton hotels nationwide, but most of all it effected your stay with us. It was really unprecedented and is not representative of our guests' experience. I hope you will stay with us again and give us the opportunity to show you why the name Hilton is synonomous with hospitality.
Merrick, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

place was clean, staff friendly... great location ...plenty of choices around for eats...Coffee was not good watery ...should try a different brand......our friends did not get their rooms till very late do to system problem..

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

My trip when I stayed here was to see the Hershey Bears play the Philadelphia Phantoms (who were staying there as well!!) and I got to experience dinner at Hotel Hershey (by dinner I mean dessert! they served chocolate bread with chocolate butter, I was in heaven). I think what I heard about everyone being happier in Hershey because of the chocolate is true because everyone was so lovely to us during our trip at the HGI!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

Perfectly situated approximately two (2) miles from the Hershey factory is the recently renovated HGI. From the moment you drive down Main Street - you immediately love your surroundings... Feels very safe. Even though I have status with Hilton, the staff (Mr Mosley) was extremely welcoming. I travel often - and know genuineness vs BS when I see it. They especially went the extra effort to ensure my family felt special. The room was immaculate with not even a hint of mold or mildew. This HGI has a brand new restaurant / bar / and modern dining facility... Make sure to get Tom for a great story and drink. You won't want to leave the hotel for dinner anywhere else. If you are en route to the factory or the park with your family - THIS is where you stay. We will definitively be back...

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for your kind review of the Hilton Garden Inn Hershey hotel. We strive to insure that all of our guests have an excellent experience while staying with us, and I'm so glad that you did! Please do come back to see us again.
Kind regards, Barbara L.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hummelstown
Fairfield Inn & Suites Hershey Chocolate Avenue
Super 8 Hershey
Super 8 Hershey
#3 of 24 in Hershey
Springhill Suites Hershey Near the Park

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Hershey? Share your experiences!