“Nice Location. Lots to do that is nearby.”

Hilton Garden Inn Hershey
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Hummelstown
New Jersey
“Nice Location. Lots to do that is nearby.”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We are frequent travelers and had a competition at Hershey over the weekend. We stayed at this hotel and were very pleased. The hotel itself is very clean. The rooms were up to date and cozy. There is a mini fridge, microwave and coffee maker all contained in it's own unit which is nice for a change.

So many things to do were within 1 to 2 miles away, including Hershey Park. There are plenty of restaurants to dine at just around the bend from the hotel.

The pool was nice and refreshing as was the hot tub. Both are on the small side, but we were the only ones occupying them at the time.

You do have to pay for a made to order breakfast for $10.95. We skipped it and went to the Soda Jerk Diner 1/4 mile away. The Soda Jerk Diner has great prices and we loved the 50's theme.

The beds were ok. I'm not a big fan of the memory foam mattresses. And we all voted that the sheets and blankets are "noisy". As odd as that sounds, every time someone moved, the covers crinkled. It was very strange.

Our heater was clinking all night, so I turned it off and just ran the fan. The one negative is noise in the hallways. As much as we stay in hotels, for some reason the foot traffic and noise of people talking seems to echo in the hallways of this hotel. The hotel doors to each room may not be sound proof enough. We were awoken several times by people walking down the hall.

Overall, the lobby was cozy and the staff was very friendly. Cleanliness is a big reason why we would return. We recommend this hotel to friends or family.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Barbara L, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hershey, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for sharing your kind comments with us. We are committed to making all of our guests feel welcome and comfortable and we accept both positive and critical comments with a renewed commitment to make changes for an even better guest experience. Our hotel is in a great location and it just amazes me how many fun things there are to do here in Hershey. And the Garden Sleep System beds were designed specifically for the Hilton Garden Inn brand to insure that our guests get a healthful and restful sleep. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I do hope we will have the opportunity to serve you again for a future stay. Kind Regards, Barbara L.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Reviewed November 8, 2012

The room goes without saying, excellent but my review is more of what truly make a stay remarkable. The staff is excellent, from the person that checked me in ( I don't recall the name for I was really tired but he is African-American) to the ladies that were making sure that my breakfasts were pleasant. The service is what makes this hotel stand above the others ones, their can do attitude.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Barbara L, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hershey, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you for sharing your kind comments with us. We are committed to making all of our guests feel welcome and comfortable and we accept both positive and critical comments with a renewed commitment to make changes for an even better guest experience. I am so glad you felt so welcomed and noticed how our staff sincerely wants to do their best . I hope we will have the opportunity to serve you again in the future. Kind regards, Barbara L
New York, NY
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We have just returned from spending 5 days at the Hilton Garden Inn Hershey after losing power in our home due to Hurricane Sandy. Thanks to the friendly and helpful staff, the meticulously kept property, and central location which was convenient to all attraction points and restaurants/shops...our family enjoyed our visit so much it truly felt like a vacation. Thank you so much for the wonderful experience. A bonus was my husband and I were able to get some work done too due to business-friendly amenities.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your complimentarycomments with us. We are committed to making all of our guests feel welcome and comfortable. We all were moved by the number of guests we were serving who experienced the overwhelming power of Hurricane Sandy. I hope that your lives are getting back to normal and I'm glad that we were able to play a small part in reducing the trauma of the storm. Kindest Regards,
Glen Burnie, Maryland
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We stayed here for one of the Hershey In The Dark weekends.
The hotel was very nice and located near plenty of restaurants.
Room was clean and nicely appointed.
Staff was excellent especially the wait staff and chef for breakfast.
Breakfast was delicious with choice of buffet style fare or cooked to order omelets and waffles
that were huge. We will surely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your kind comments with us. We are committed to making all of our guests feel welcome and comfortable and we accept both positive and critical comments with a renewed commitment to make changes for an even better guest experience. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your breakfast dining. Our staff in the restaurant do enjoy serving our guests and making their hotel stay even better with a great start to their day. I hope you'll stay with us again. We'll look forward to it. Kind Regards, Barbara L.
PA
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Our room was very clean, and nice, but I thought it was pricy compared to other hotels that are similar to this one. Hotels in Hershey are very expensive, but I have stayed at others that were equally as nice and included more. It does not include breakfast, and the size of the rooms were okay. The service was good and the location was very convenient, but at this price I prefer to have breakfast included. There was a coffee maker, mini fridge, and microwave in the room which was nice to have. Personally, I probably won't stay here again because there are other Hilton brands in the area that are comparable. I really can't say much negative about the hotel which is why I gave it 4 stars, but I am basing this review on the price compared to other hotels. This particular one just didn't have anything special that made it stand out for the price they charge.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Massachusetts
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Our hotel room was really very nice, but the walls are paper thin. We went out to the movies and came back and people, with children, were next door. We don't travel with any children and look forward to peace and quiet. The couple were yelling at the kids at 10:30 PM and then one the parents started smoking pot in the room. I wanted to move but my husband said it would cause trouble if we asked to move. The children were awake throughout the night and got up very early in the morning. I wish hotels would put families on one floor and people who don't have them on another.

Room Tip: Lovely breakfast but it is expensive.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Barbara L, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hershey, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you for sharing your comments with us. We are committed to making all of our guests feel welcome and comfortable and we accept both positive and critical comments with a renewed commitment to make changes for an even better guest experience. I hope you might give us the opportunity to serve you again at a future time so that we might demonstrate that to you. Sincerely, Barbara L
Dover, Delaware
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Really reasonably priced, with all the basic amenities of the Hilton Garden Inns. Government rates didn't come with a free breakfast like some other properties that I have stayed at (wah-wah), but that's maybe my only critique.

We had a king room with a sofa, and it was really good sized. Everything was spotless when we checked in (and having just left another less clean hotel- believe me, I checked EVERYTHING.) The staff was really great- my husband had accidentally booked a smoking room and she switched us over with ZERO hassle and even wrote it off as a Hilton error.

Great toiletries, great staff, and good amenities for the price. Not far at all from Hershey Park and some larger restaurants, but not walking distance to anything.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your kind comments.We are committed to making all of our guests feel welcome and comfortable. It was great to hear about how your enjoyed your stay. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again soon. Sincerely, Barbara L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hummelstown
Fairfield Inn & Suites Hershey Chocolate Avenue
Super 8 Hershey
Super 8 Hershey
#3 of 25 in Hershey
Springhill Suites Hershey Near the Park

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Hershey? Share your experiences!