“Average hotel, good staff”

Days Inn Horsham Philadelphia
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Horsham
Corydon, Iowa
“Average hotel, good staff”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We stayed at this hotel two nights while visiting Philadelphia. We had a few problems, but the staff tried hard to fix them. We were supposed to have free wifi, but the first night the signal was so weak in our room that we couldn't get a connection. The desk was right next to the AC vent, so it was blowing right on me, making it hard to work for very long before getting uncomfortably cold. There was also mold in the bathroom around the shower and on the walls. Also our keys didn't work, so I had to make 3 or 4 trips to the desk before that problem was fixed. The next morning we were moved to another room. We tested the wifi before we accepted the room; this time it worked. This bathroom had less mold. The only problem was that the key maker wasn't working, so it was a little while before we had keys for the room. We accidentally left some things in the fridge in the first room, so the head of housekeeping went to the room and retrieved it for us. Our second night went much more smoothly, though I still had the problem of the desk being next to the AC vent. That night we couldn't find the flashlight we usually keep with us when we travel, so the night desk clerk very kindly loaned us one from lost and found. On the plus side, the breakfast was decent, and the location was good. We were 10-15 minute drive from a lot of restaurants. I commend the staff, especially the day and night desk clerks, and the head of housekeeping. They were very polite and friendly, and tried hard to remedy our various problems.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
jzapata, General Manager at Days Inn Horsham Philadelphia, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you for selecting our Days Inn when you recently traveled to Horsham. We appreciate your comments and thank you for your business.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Turkish first
Boston
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I am staying in this hotel while interviewing in the area. Thankfully, I'm only here for one night.

I had previously written off Days Inn as a whole, because I've had some bad experiences with cleanliness in other hotels, but after seeing the reviews here that this hotel was clean and modern, I decided to chance it to save a few bucks. Now I'm wishing I'd gone somewhere else.

The lobby is fine. There is a slight odor that's not quite pleasant when you walk in. I asked the front desk worker if I could be placed in the least-smokey area of the hotel...I'm highly sensitive to smoke and the smell of smoke. However, immediately getting off the elevator on the second floor, I was hit by a wall of smoke. I hoped the smell would abate by the time I reached my room. It did not. Even the inside of my non-smoking room smells like an ash tray. Now I'm afraid all my clothes are going to smell when I go to my interviews tomorrow, and I have a headache.

Another problem is the room is not cleaned very well. There is hair all over the bathroom floor from a previous guest. The toilet and shower have obviously not been cleaned, and the caulking around the tub surround is moldy. There is soap scum everywhere. The rest of the room is covered in dust. Now, I don't require a hermetically-sealed environment, but the thick layers of dust on the air conditioner vents and the bathroom vent are just gross.

I do realize that this is a 2-star hotel, but I expected it would be clean and odor-free. The slightly-stained carpet, dated decorations and furniture, and lack of amenities don't bother me...but feeling grossed out to take off my shoes or use the bathroom does.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
We appreciate your comments and ask that you contact me personally to further discuss. Thank you for choosing Days Inn Horsham Philadelphia. We hope that you will considering trying us again!
Falls Church, Virginia
Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

Need: A fairly comfortable hotel room close to our conference with a cheap rate. Need Met. Just know this hotel is older and has a slightly dingy appearance in the room. What we didn't need was knowing the rooms weren't cleaned well, evidenced by soap in the shower and hair on the floor from prior guests. Also the stained toilet is a bit of a turnoff. The room has a slight musty old odor. Was I a little worried about sleeping in the beds? Truthfully yes.....but I survived. I would not use this hotel again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for staying at our Days Inn. We appreciate your comments. Our Days Inn has been providing clean and comfortable guestrooms to travelers for more than 26 years. We continually update, this year alone our million dollar plus renovation included 37" LG HD flat screen TVS, Serta double pillow top mattress sets, a complete hallway make-over and elevator re-furb.
Days Inn Horsham offers a great location and great rooms at very affordable rates. We continue to be the very best values in the greater Horsham area!
Bergenfield
Reviewed October 22, 2013

The facility was clean and orderly. My only complaint would be that more attention should be paid to the breakfast menu. Our first morning, my wife who is a diabetic, could only consume skim milk. There was no fresh fruit or hard boiled eggs. Fortunately, she carries various foods she can eat. The next morning there was fresh fruit which was very appreciated. Most of the pre-packaged foods have sugar added which diabetics can not consume. We realize the hotel can not cater to every possibility but we felt we wanted to present another point of view for your consideration. Thank you.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Days Inn Horsham Philadelphia has been providing clean and comfortable guestrooms to travelers for more than 26 years. We appreciate your comments and thank you for staying at our Days Inn.
Centereach, New York
Reviewed October 21, 2013

The Days Inn is a good value for your money. Rooms are average and ours was clean. Has a fridge coffee tea maker and microwave. Beds were very confortable and I slept VERY well. The breakfast was included and was just fine with our needs. Had toast bagels donuts pasteries juice milk cereal oatmeal coffee tea and you can even make your own waffles. The only thing I was missing from past stays is that there was always popcorn in the popcorn machine and yummy cookies in the lobby. Did the staff get lazy or did your hotel stop doing for the guests?

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for coming back to Days Inn Horsham Philadelphia. Our Days Inn is indeed the best value in the greater Horsham area. We continue to offer our guests clean and comfortable accommodations at affordable rates. Popcorn and cookies are still offered every evening.
We appreciate your loyalty and thank you for your comments.
Salt Lake City
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Good clean room. Front desk were very helpful in finding nearby eateries. All in all worth the price.

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for choosing our Days Inn while working in the greater Horsham area. We're glad that you found your guestroom clean and comfortable as well as a good value. We appreciate your comments.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horsham
Candlewood Suites Philadelphia / Willow Grove
Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Dresher Rd.
Hampton Inn Philadelphia / Willow Grove
TownePlace Suites Philadelphia Horsham
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Warminster - Horsham
Courtyard Philadelphia Willow Grove

Been to Days Inn Horsham Philadelphia? Share your experiences!