“They are renovating 4th floor but everything went smoothly”

Days Inn Horsham Philadelphia
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Horsham
Philadelphia
“They are renovating 4th floor but everything went smoothly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

I needed a nice clean quiet room to stay during a music festival in the area. I didn’t plan to check in until 1 or 2 AM and would be leaving after breakfast (about 9:30AM) each day.

The rate was more than fair for the area – I caught a weekend rate and reserved for two nights. When I arrived on Friday night (actually Saturday morning) at 1am the lobby was well let and the check in process smooth. I had requested a non-smoking King bed and that is what I got. They even had a few fresh cookies at the desk for me to have as my bedtime treat! <g>. (There were none there Saturday night so I guess I was just lucky).
My room was on the 4th floor (there are 4 floors) and, as I got off elevator, I noted the hallways were under renovation with no wallpaper installed yet. Not a problem. My room (Marked as Business Class on the door) was fine and probably recently renovated. There was a large flat screen TV (which worked fine in the AM) and a coffee maker with regular and decaf. Also popcorm and a microwave and a granola bar (nice touch!). The bed was comfortable. The only problem was that the housekeeper set the room temp to 60 degrees so I had to wait till the room warmed up. (NOT a big deal). The heat/AC unit is by the window – as compared to the vents that are sometimes near the ceiling by the entrance. But the bed was far enough away not to have a draft. (Though it is next to the desk so that could be an issue for someone working at desk).

Breakfast was served from 6:30 to 10AM and when I arrived at 9:00AM there were mostly families. The choices were cereals, yogurt, bagels, muffins, donuts and both made to be reheated pancakes and French Toast. Plus the mandatory Waffle Iron (there is one). On Saturday the fresh fruit consisted of apples and oranges. Sunday there were only apples. I prefer bananas but none there or they were gone by 9am each day. The coffee was Dowe Egbert – which I find too mild but acceptable. The person maintaining the breakfast was friendly and efficient – it was VERY busy on Sunday with nearly 3 kids for every adult.

When I checked back for my second night – at 3 AM – the same night clerk was on and remembered me. Points there! I had another nice sleep. As I was leaving my room for breakfast at 9am I noticed that the construction was working in 3 or four rooms in my hallway but I never heard them when I was in my room.

Oh yes, they do provide an inroom safe (there is a charge and you should decline use if you don’t plan to use it) and hair dryer in the room. I did not see any extra blanket. There were plenty of pillows on the bed. And the towels were fluffy. Soaf and shampoo are provided.

I don’t live far enough away to make many repeat visits to this location – unless I wanted an inexpensive overnight “getaway”

For a Days Inn, I was impressed by maintenance of building and friendliness of the staff.

Room Tip: Ask for room on high floor in back but windows sealed enough to keep out sound in my room facing Old...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
jzapata, General Manager at Days Inn Horsham Philadelphia, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write this nice review for our Days Inn. We are currently renovating our hallways and when complete, all corridors will have a knockdown finish on the walls, new overhead lighting and sconces and new carpeting. Very soon every guestroom will have new pillow top mattress sets. We just added 37" LG flat screen TVs in May.
Days Inn Horsham Philadelphia is, without a doubt, the best value in the area. We sincerely appreciate your business and hope to see you again when your travels bring you to the 'burbs.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Turkish first
Maryland, Usa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

This is an inexpensive hotel outside of Philadelphia. It's located near Willow Grove and Ambler with easy access to many stores and restaurants and the turnpike. The staff members were friendly and welcoming. All corridors are indoors. The lobby provides a "business center" (one computer and a printer), two televisions, plenty of seating, and tables for the free breakfast buffet. They offer free popcorn and cookies at check-in which is a nice treat for kids (and adults!). The room was clean and perfectly adequate for a quick one-night stay. Each room has a fridge and small microwave. The breakfast includes cereals, breads, muffins, juices & milk, yogurt, and freshly-made waffles. The only problem that we had was that the hotel TV lost reception to NBC on the night of the opening ceremonies of the Olympics! The staff apologized, but......how does a hotel lose reception to a major network?

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
jzapata, General Manager at Days Inn Horsham Philadelphia, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our Days Inn. We apologize that our guests could not access NBC to watch the opening ceremony for the 2012 Summer Olympics. The control box shorted out for that channel and it was replaced on Saturday. We are continuously upgrading the hotel to make it a better value for our guests. New 37" LG HD Flatscreen TVs we just added to every guest room. Soon every room will have new pillow top mattress sets. We are currently remodeling our corridors with new wall covering and carpeting. Thank you for staying at our Days Inn. We appreciate you!
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

Having said that.... What's up with the electrical outlets sinking into the wall when you try and plug something in. And the shower when I pulled up the lever to start the shower the whole thing came up, because it wasn't completely secured to the wall. Hmmm.... Just one more night!

• Stayed July 2012
jzapata, General Manager at Days Inn Horsham Philadelphia, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Thank you for staying at Days Inn Horsham. We appreciate your comments. We apologize for the issues that you experienced on your recent visit. The tub surrounds and fixtures are scheduled to be replaced this summer. We have also just added 37" LG flat screen TVs for your viewing pleasure. Our friendly staff is looking forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to Horsham.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

The staff was very friendly. The room was clean. There is a frig & microwave in the room. Great Value... we paid under $60 per night. Very nice hotel. The free breakfast isn't the best but is free... and how can you complain about something that is free.

• Stayed July 2012
jzapata, General Manager at Days Inn Horsham Philadelphia, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Thank you for staying at Days Inn Horsham. We pride ourselves as being the Best value in the greater Horsham area and your home away from home.
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

If you have a busy business trip or family reunion and you just need a place to sleep in the area, this is a great buy for the buck. The beds were comfortable. Rooms are small and basic but they each have a coffee maker, mini fridge, and microwave. There is a complimentary breakfast each morning but it's 95% unhealthy, so we stored fruit and yogurt in our mini fridge. They also have free Wifi and a computer with a printer in the lobby.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing Days Inn Horsham. We appreciate your comments. Our deluxe continental breakfast includes assorted yogurts and fresh fruit - available daily in our hospitality area.
new york
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

The hotel was super clean - they even take out the mattresses and boxsprings to clean - and had all the basic amenities you would expect, including refridgerator, microwave, and coffee maker. Staff were extremely nice. However, there are no good food options in the hotel and the front desk has limited menus, so be prepared to scout around for dinner. No movie rentals either. But for $70 a night on the July 4th weekend, I was very happy.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
We're happy that you were pleased when you stayed at our hotel over the 4th of July weekend. Although we are limited service and have no restaurant on property, there are many in the immediate area. A restaurant guide is available at our front desk. We appreciate your comments and hope that you will stay with us the next time your travels bring you to Horsham.
Canton, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

We spent 6 nights at this hotel. The first room was just not up to par. All of the electrical sockets were blocked, except one that was not near the bed. Stuff was loose, the bathtub wouldn't drain while you showered, the safe didn't work. We asked for a new room the next morning, and it was slightly better.

The air conditioner/heat unit worked, but the room never felt "dry." Even the sheets felt damp all the time. Towels wouldn't dry, even overnight. We had 2 double beds, and both were very broken down on the sides toward the center nightstand. There was no sign of bedbugs, and the bedding was clean.

The rooms are very small, the sink is in the room, tub & toilet are separate. Major water damage was evident in both rooms by the tubs. The toilet didn't flush well unless you held the handle. The safe in the second room was locked, and no one ever showed up to open/clear it, even though we asked. They charge you $1.50 a day for the safe, so check your bills. It is ridiculous to charge for something that is permanently attached in every room.

The free breakfast is just ok, all carbs. No fruit, no hard boiled eggs. Predone french toast was not bad, pancakes, (terrible) bagels, yogurt, (if you are early enough) donuts we didn't try. The little coffee maker in the room is nice, but only does single serve. The frig is also nice.

This hotel is very worn out. Stuff is broken, loose, wobbly, and could really use some good maintenance. I'm not sure we would stay there again, the high humidity levels in the rooms made the stay a drag.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
We sincerely appreciate your comments and are sorry that we did not meet your expectations. The safe fee can be removed from your account upon request. This summer we have added 37" flat screen TVs to every guestroom. We hope that you will give us another try. Thank you for staying at Days Inn Horsham.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horsham
Candlewood Suites Philadelphia / Willow Grove
Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Dresher Rd.
TownePlace Suites Philadelphia Horsham
Hampton Inn Philadelphia / Willow Grove
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Willow Grove
Fairfield Inn & Suites Philadelphia Willow Grove

Been to Days Inn Horsham Philadelphia? Share your experiences!