“Great Staff, great location--feels like home!”

Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Welsh Rd.
“Great Staff, great location--feels like home!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

Wonderful stay, we were surprised how nice it was. A grocery store, several restaurants and Walmart are within walking distance. The entire staff was very nice and helpful especially Andrea! We loved the coffee in the morning and would recommend anyone stay here.

• Stayed November 2012
Manager-PCH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Welsh Rd., responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you found our hotel and that everything is to your satisfaction. Andrea will be so happy about the nice comments that you made. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
East Coast
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

If you are not a work crew member, do not stay here. It's a fine hotel for groups of men who need a place to live over an extended period. This hotel is not at all oriented to families or those traveling as a family. Perhaps some low budget travelers will not mind if there is no shampoo, cream and that the toilet paper and kleenex feel like cardboard, and that cigarette smoke in this "non smoking" hotel filters into your room, or that you can hear men in the adjacent rooms next to and above yours snoring all night. I am serious. Think again before you decide to go low budget on this one. Yes, our room was clean. But it was not worth what we paid for the aggravation of dirty men sitting around the lobby, slouched in chairs, filthy from a hard day's work, and the smell of cigarettes. We received a credit for one of our two rooms because it was obviously full of smoke. The manager continued to tell us she couldn't understand how this could be, yet she could smell it herself and confirmed it. She noted that "sometimes it filters in through the bathroom vent". Well, great. Just what you need after a long day on the road w/ a small child. The person managing the grounds was far too flirty with me, and I am an older woman. I found it very offensive. Obviously I won't be staying at this chain in the future.

Room Tip: If you smoke, you're all set in this non smoking hotel, because obviously they don't do anyt...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Manager-PCH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Welsh Rd., responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay. Please accept my apology. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

The rooms are clean. The staff is very friendly especially Andrea she's such a sweet heart. She never seems to get annoyed no matter how many times I lose my room key. I'm very pleased with my stay here.

• Stayed December 2012
Manager-PCH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Welsh Rd., responded to this review, December 5, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I'm thrilled that the hotel met your needs and that the staff attained it's goal of making you feel like family. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Horsham, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

The PM staff was very helpful, friendly, and cheerful. Andrea was not only this way with me but all her clients of what I overheard. The room was large, clean and quiet. The hotel is off the highway, so a person can open a window without road noise. This also made it a tad bit difficult to locate, the signage on Welsh road is hard to spot, look for entrance just after the "Baby's R US" store. There are plenty of local conveinances, Walmart, CVS, Fresh Foods Market. Delivered food was pretty good too. I would reccomend this particular hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Manager-PCH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Welsh Rd., responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Akron, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

Over the last six weeks , Andrea's (who works at the front desk) attention to mine and other guest has not gone unnoticed. Andrea worked with me until my problems are resolved and even took an extra step when the power went out because of hurricane sandy. I was completely surprised by how far she will go to satisfy her guest. Andrea is a empathetic listener and made me feel like she values my time. Andrea demonstrates how excellent guest service can have a lasting effect on guest relationships.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank James S
Manager-PCH, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Welsh Rd., responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that your stay has gone so well and that Andrea was able to help you during the storm. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Riverside, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have had a very good stay at Extended day America. I enjoyed the room I had, it provided me with everything I need and was very clean and easy to maintain. The highlight of my stay was one of the attendants at the front desk. Andrea who works at Extended stay American in Horsham was a TREMENDOUS HELP TO ME! She always was very kind and very professional. When I needed anything from her their were never any delays on her part and I have witnessed her go out of her way to help accommodate, not only the cheerful guest, but rude ones as well. This is a great quality in an employee and you do not see that in most people nowadays. I would recommend Andrea to be a supervisor or manager of one of the hotels as I am very confident in the fact that all of her customers would be very well taken care of as I have been. Employees like Andrea are a strong asset to any business, and this company would benefit by giving her a position of leadership.

Room Tip: It would help A LOT, if extended stay had a workout room, another good suggestion would also be a po...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Manager-PCH, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Welsh Rd., responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you so much for the wonderful review you gave to our hotel. We strive to make every guest's stay comfortable and trouble free. I and my staff apreciate the great comments and hope to see you again in the future.
PENNSYLVANIA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

Due to Hurricane Sandy my home had been powerless for almost 3 days. Rooms were hard to find. I called this place Thursday morning. I spoke with Autumn who was very nice & had the 2 rooms I needed. We spoke about 1 or 2 nights. Her suggestion was 2 nights & we could cancel by 11am Friday if our power was back. I stopped in and picked up confirmations. Upon return at 3 for check in we were told by Autumn they changed the policy, that if we paid for 2 nights we could not cancel. They wanted the rooms for out of town work crews (who I am thankful for). Since our power was supposed to be back on, we only paid for Thursday night. Upon learning Friday that our power was still out, we asked to extend our rooms. The nice girl at the desk (didn't get her name) said no problem. She said stop back to get our updated bills. She was having problems processing credit cards. Upon return, the woman I believe was the manager was at the desk. We told her we wanted our bills for the extension she told us we couldn't extend. I pointed to the girl who said no problem, who admitted she said that without even bothering to check. She asked why we didn't book for 2 nights since we could cancel. I explained about Autumn (as explained above). She had no idea and just stared. Looks like management (or lack of) makes up rules as they go. Great way to treat your neighbors during a tough time.

Oh, they have a coffee bar in the lobby with some packaged muffins & granola bars. By 7am it was filthy.

• Stayed November 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that there was confusion on policy during your stay at our hotel. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am providing more training to my staff on how to address issues like the one you encountered. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I invite you to contact me at cmurphy@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horsham
Candlewood Suites Philadelphia / Willow Grove
Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Dresher Rd.
Days Inn Horsham Philadelphia
Residence Inn Philadelphia Willow Grove
Fairfield Inn & Suites Philadelphia Willow Grove
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Willow Grove

Been to Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Welsh Rd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Welsh Rd.

Property: Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Welsh Rd.
Address: 114 Welsh Rd, Horsham, PA 19044-2207
Location: United States > Pennsylvania > Horsham
Ranked #1 of 1 Specialty Lodging in Horsham
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Welsh Rd. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotwire, Extended Stay, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Welsh Rd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Horsham