Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Welsh Rd.
Akron, Ohio
“5 stars”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Over the last six weeks , Andrea's (who works at the front desk) attention to mine and other guest has not gone unnoticed. Andrea worked with me until my problems are resolved and even took an extra step when the power went out because of hurricane sandy. I was completely surprised by how far she will go to satisfy her guest. Andrea is a empathetic listener and made me feel like she values my time. Andrea demonstrates how excellent guest service can have a lasting effect on guest relationships.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank James S
Manager-PCH, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Welsh Rd., responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that your stay has gone so well and that Andrea was able to help you during the storm. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Riverside, California, United States
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have had a very good stay at Extended day America. I enjoyed the room I had, it provided me with everything I need and was very clean and easy to maintain. The highlight of my stay was one of the attendants at the front desk. Andrea who works at Extended stay American in Horsham was a TREMENDOUS HELP TO ME! She always was very kind and very professional. When I needed anything from her their were never any delays on her part and I have witnessed her go out of her way to help accommodate, not only the cheerful guest, but rude ones as well. This is a great quality in an employee and you do not see that in most people nowadays. I would recommend Andrea to be a supervisor or manager of one of the hotels as I am very confident in the fact that all of her customers would be very well taken care of as I have been. Employees like Andrea are a strong asset to any business, and this company would benefit by giving her a position of leadership.

Room Tip: It would help A LOT, if extended stay had a workout room, another good suggestion would also be a po...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Manager-PCH, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Welsh Rd., responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you so much for the wonderful review you gave to our hotel. We strive to make every guest's stay comfortable and trouble free. I and my staff apreciate the great comments and hope to see you again in the future.
PENNSYLVANIA
Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

Due to Hurricane Sandy my home had been powerless for almost 3 days. Rooms were hard to find. I called this place Thursday morning. I spoke with Autumn who was very nice & had the 2 rooms I needed. We spoke about 1 or 2 nights. Her suggestion was 2 nights & we could cancel by 11am Friday if our power was back. I stopped in and picked up confirmations. Upon return at 3 for check in we were told by Autumn they changed the policy, that if we paid for 2 nights we could not cancel. They wanted the rooms for out of town work crews (who I am thankful for). Since our power was supposed to be back on, we only paid for Thursday night. Upon learning Friday that our power was still out, we asked to extend our rooms. The nice girl at the desk (didn't get her name) said no problem. She said stop back to get our updated bills. She was having problems processing credit cards. Upon return, the woman I believe was the manager was at the desk. We told her we wanted our bills for the extension she told us we couldn't extend. I pointed to the girl who said no problem, who admitted she said that without even bothering to check. She asked why we didn't book for 2 nights since we could cancel. I explained about Autumn (as explained above). She had no idea and just stared. Looks like management (or lack of) makes up rules as they go. Great way to treat your neighbors during a tough time.

Oh, they have a coffee bar in the lobby with some packaged muffins & granola bars. By 7am it was filthy.

• Stayed November 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that there was confusion on policy during your stay at our hotel. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am providing more training to my staff on how to address issues like the one you encountered. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I invite you to contact me at cmurphy@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Pullman, Washington
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I was afraid to stay here based on the reviews, but this site was recently rennovated in September and it shows! The room was a great size and very comfortable. The front desk staff were very friendly and courteous upon checking in. The location was very convenient to Philadelphia and there is a Sam's Club nearby that has very cheap gas. I was a little disappointed that the room smelled a little of stale smoke (it was supposed to be a non-smoking room), but when I informed the front desk staff, they were aghast and put in a note to have it cleaned right away. Their grab and go breakfast was great considering that they did not make a pretense that it was a full breakfast. I will most definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Manager-PCH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Welsh Rd., responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that I am my staff could make your stay enjoyable with our newly renovated suites.. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horsham
Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Dresher Rd.
Candlewood Suites Philadelphia / Willow Grove
Days Inn Horsham Philadelphia
Fairfield Inn & Suites Philadelphia Willow Grove
Hampton Inn Philadelphia / Willow Grove
Courtyard Philadelphia Willow Grove

Been to Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Welsh Rd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Welsh Rd.

Property: Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Welsh Rd.
Address: 114 Welsh Rd, Horsham, PA 19044-2207
Location: United States > Pennsylvania > Horsham
Ranked #1 of 1 Specialty Lodging in Horsham
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Welsh Rd. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Extended Stay, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Welsh Rd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Horsham