“Your Typical Extended Stay America Hotel”

Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Dresher Rd.
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Horsham
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We booked this stay through Hotwire.com and spent $122.59 for two nights. For its price, the stay was satisfactory. I highly recommend using an outside party, instead of waiting to pay the typical charge from Extended Stays.

Regarding the hotel service, the front-desk was welcoming and friendly during the entire stay. However, the rest of the staff were rarely to be seen and hardly came around. To those who have not stayed at an Extended Stays, the to-go breakfast is small and disappears quickly. The Extended Stays Hotel branch is not recommended to those who do not wish to make their own breakfast (outside of fruit and instant oatmeal).

In a room for two, there were two high bar-stools and a fully-equipped kitchen which are comfortable for dining. Other than that, a slightly larger than average bathroom, and a large sliding door closet, the room does not have much that stands out from other hotels.The queen sized bed was comfortable for two people and suits those who like a firm-soft pillow and mattress. The cleanliness of the room was decent, but expected to that quality. However, the rugs are always iffy, as well as the comforters.

Finally, the location was decent. From the hotel, if you drive five to seven minutes, you will arrive at Willow Grove Shopping Center, where there is a Wal-Mart Supercenter, for quick groceries. Dresher Rd is not the most ideal road to have a hotel located off of, but it is not something to complain about. The area traffic is quiet, but only occasionally busy. In addition, there is a small trail across the street from the hotel. The best part is that the Pennsylvania Turnpike (276) and Easton Rd are only ten minutes away.

Room Tip: The first floor is quiet and allows most of the rooms to keep an eye on their vehicle, especially if...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

The hotel itself could use a softer bed (and provide dish soap for the dishes you have to clean), but is very nice. The breakfast is coffee, meal on the go bars and fruit (which is great for my husband because he is working, but not really for me because I am "on vacation"). The room comes with dishes and silverware for two (but, like I said, you habe to clean them with your own dish soap), ice in the freezer, big fridge and freezer, great air conditioning unit, and the tv gets around 40 popular channels. The bathrooms
Is clean with standard ammemities. They clean your room once a week if you are on an extended stay. There is a Toys "R" Us and Babies "R" Us, pizza parlor, 2 cafe's, food market, nail salon, and a QDoba within a 5 minute walking distance. It's in a good part of town with Walmart, lowes and a ton of places to eat within minutes! Very good hotel!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I stayed at this ESA hotel for two nights this weekend via Priceline. It is listed as 2 stars. My two previous stays in this area were at the Days Inn nearby, and I was expecting something similar. I was happy with the Days Inn.

What I found was that ESA hotels are there for the business person who is there for an “extended Stay”. So while you may have a comfortable bed and a kitchen with microwave and sink – you don’t get ANY of the amenities in even a one star hotel. And that’s the purpose of this review. The hotel property is well maintained but you need to be prepared.

I arrived just after midnight to check in – as my room was prepaid. There was one desk clerk who signed me in. When I went to the room I found that there was a small coffee pot but only one bag of caffeinated coffee. I went to the desk and was told they no longer carried decaf. Breakfast was to be at 6-9 am. So off to bed I went and saw the notice in the room that if you stay one to 7 nights, they do not clean your room but you can get new linens and towls from the front desk and change your own linens (and deal with your own trash).

In the morning I took my shower and realized there is no shampoo in rooms. Also no tissues, no pen, no note pad. I went to the lobby for “breakfast” (included). There is no eating area. There were pots of coffee and instant oatmeal. (but no milk is there add to it!). There were no rolls or pastries – just high fat granola bars. I asked Amanda – the desk clerk and she brought out some prepackaged (high fat) muffins. There were also apples and oranges. I asked about the decaf for the room and she went to look for it. She said they no longer order it and found the last package. She was the ONLY person on duty. And was really overloaded. BTW, breakfast ends at 9am even on a Saturday and by 9:05 even the coffee was removed.

Back in my room I looked at the layout. I was not there to work but there is no desk in the room if you were a business person who wanted to.
So, in summary, I had to really downgrade the hotel as a “hotel” – a place you might book for a night or two. You make your own bed, need to bring your own coffee, milk, tissues, shampoo etc. For the price I paid (same as the Days Inn, which had shampoo, tissues,full breakfast etc.,daily maid service) I felt it was barely okay. At least it was reasonably new.

BTW, I was on 2nd floor and I could hear the guests walking on the floor above me.

Maybe the management will read this – they do have special Trip Advisor cards at front desk) and will make some changes for 1 and 2 night guests.

Room Tip: Probably top floor if you don't want to hear folks on your ceiling. And, if you need a desk to w...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 18, 2013

My family and I recently traveled to the Philadelphia area for vacation we spent 2 days at Sesame Place and 2 days in Philadelphia. We originally booked a room at a different hotel when we went to check in they said that they did not have a the size room that we booked and we would have to take a smaller room because someone did not check out when they were suppose to. This is the second time this has happened with this particular chain and they the standard answer that they don't cater to families they cater to long term business travelers. We told them we would find somewhere else to stay. We drove down the street and found the Extended Stay America. The women at the front desk was very helpful and understanding of our situation. I unfortunately did not get her name but her great customer service alone helped us to decide to give this hotel a try. The room was nice and clean. We like to have a kitchen in our room when traveling with our daughter. We buy groceries and it helps to saves money on food and we don't feel rushed to be up in the morning to find breakfast somewhere. The only knock we had was the bed was uncomfortable, but I have never found a hotel bed that was as comfortable as my own. The location was convenient to get where we needed to there is plenty of stores, and restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Stayed here for two nights. The building, lobby, and room was very clean. Other reviewers got it right that there are barely any toiletries provided. Just 2 bars of soap. Luckily from reading the reviews, we brought our own shampoo, conditioner, and body wash. The pictures from the site are spot on. A couple of dishes, pots, pans, and utensils are provided should you choose to cook. We did not use the kitchen since the hotel is right off a main road, Welsh Road. On Welsh Road, there are tons of restaurants, fast food places, and a Walmart. Pick up some food at Walmart if you want to cook but we chose the restaurants since it was only 2 nights and we didn't want to do dishes. Breakfast consisted of coffee, fruits, instant oatmeal, and packaged granola bars/oatmeal. We got made to order eggs/breakfast at Corner Bakery Cafe which is about a 5 minute drive on Welsh Road. Caution: If you are staying 7 or less nights, housekeeping is not provided but you can pick up towels and linens at the front desk. To conclude, this is a great property that is quiet, clean, comfortable, and affordable. Great value.

Room Tip: Bring your own toiletries.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I was in town for a weekend trip and the hotel was conveniently located near businesses and areas I needed to travel to. The hotel was located on a quiet street and did not have turnpike and highway noise at all hours. My room was very clean, the staff was super friendly and helpful when I asked for directions.

The hotel room does not have shampoo and such in it, but I was offered these items at the time I checked in. I applaud the hotel for controlling waste on these things. I also didn't find a restaurant or attraction directory in my room, though when I asked the staff- they were able to help me with ease.

If I end up in the area again in need of a room, I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We were only here for one night but was a bit disappointed. The first room they assigned us had a huge bag of trash along with an unmade bed. We returned to the lobby and the very nice desk clerk assigned us a new room. The rooms have a nice kitchen, an adequate bathroom but there were no glasses at all, I only found a single coffee mug to rinse my mouth. The was also only a single chair along with two bar stools, no desk at all. For a one night stay it was ok but for an extended stay, it is lacking. Breakfast was granola bars, oranges and apples, packaged muffins, oatmeal and coffee. It really was a grab and go as there was no seats at all.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horsham
Days Inn Horsham Philadelphia
Candlewood Suites Philadelphia / Willow Grove
TownePlace Suites Philadelphia Horsham
Hampton Inn Philadelphia / Willow Grove
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Willow Grove
Residence Inn Philadelphia Willow Grove

Been to Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Dresher Rd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Dresher Rd.

Address: 537 Dresher Rd, Horsham, PA 19044-1995 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)
Location: United States > Pennsylvania > Horsham
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Horsham
Price Range: $72 - $102 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Dresher Rd. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Extended Stay, Hotels.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Dresher Rd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homestead Studio Suites Philadelphia-Horsham-Willow Grove Hotel Horsham