Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Dresher Rd.
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Horsham
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Friendly Staff”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I was in town for a weekend trip and the hotel was conveniently located near businesses and areas I needed to travel to. The hotel was located on a quiet street and did not have turnpike and highway noise at all hours. My room was very clean, the staff was super friendly and helpful when I asked for directions.

The hotel room does not have shampoo and such in it, but I was offered these items at the time I checked in. I applaud the hotel for controlling waste on these things. I also didn't find a restaurant or attraction directory in my room, though when I asked the staff- they were able to help me with ease.

If I end up in the area again in need of a room, I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

We were only here for one night but was a bit disappointed. The first room they assigned us had a huge bag of trash along with an unmade bed. We returned to the lobby and the very nice desk clerk assigned us a new room. The rooms have a nice kitchen, an adequate bathroom but there were no glasses at all, I only found a single coffee mug to rinse my mouth. The was also only a single chair along with two bar stools, no desk at all. For a one night stay it was ok but for an extended stay, it is lacking. Breakfast was granola bars, oranges and apples, packaged muffins, oatmeal and coffee. It really was a grab and go as there was no seats at all.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Falls Church, Virginia
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I needed to stay one night recently and this hotel appears newly renovated and my room was very clean, no funny odors or anything. It is close to Phillie, and easy to get to, but just far enough off the highway to be quiet. WiFi was working great, nice TV with plenty of stations. Staff was pleasant, and knowledgeable when answering questions. There's a "grab and go" breakfast, which was fine for my purposes. Good eats within a mile or two (Brick House = wonderful!).

Room Tip: If my kids were with me I'd look for a pool, but this hotel has everything I needed by myself...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Joy M
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Dresher Rd., responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Joy - Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I'm so pleased to hear that to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and our new grab-and-go breakfast. As well, it is great to read that your room was clean, you liked our hotels location and that our staff provided you with knowledgeable and professional service.

Brick, New Jersey
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We stayed here for a night coz it's 14 miles away from Sesame Place. Compared to other hotels near the park, this is an affordable one. It has its own little kitchen with fridge, microwave, toaster and coffee maker plus the faucet has water filter( i just dont know how often they get to change it). The place is clean although they dont have toiletries like soap and shampoo. I called the receptionist and said that she still has to look for some coz they ran "out of supplies". I went down two times but she was sooooo busy doing everything for the hotel so I ended up waiting in my room. After hours, she knocked and handed me two soaps; one new and one used? She said she found it in other empty rooms.......

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Quennie G
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Dresher Rd., responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Hi Quennie,

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The situation you described regarding the lack of amenities and the response from our staff is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am making sure supplies are kept on hand at all times. I will also be counseling my team about responding to our guests' needs. While we don't provide shampoo in the room, it is available at the front desk upon request. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Did not clean room on the day that was scheduled. Room carpet was so wet you couldn't walk on it. Took 3 notifications to the staff before they moved us to another room. Breakfast bar was poorly stocked.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Dresher Rd., responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for taking time to share your experience. I'm sorry to hear you had an issue during your stay and that we were not able to assist you sooner. Because of the amount of rain caused by the tropical storm passing by the east coast during your stay, we experienced some drainage issues that are now being addressed. Unfortunately, we did not know this issue existed until you were already checked in to the room. I hope your experience was more positive in the second room you were given.

I appreciate you bringing this to my attention and hope you can understand that this is not a common occurrence. We hope to have you visit us again soon, especially after this one-time issue is rectified.
Horsham
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Lacking in any ambiance whatsoever. This is a really basic hotel experience, with no frills at all. There is no workout area, no business center nor place to print boarding passes, etc. Also, the so-called suite was just one room with bed and kitchenette area and small at that....no sofa or pull out for sleeping an extra person if needed. The worst part is the room A/C unit that when it cycles on and off, is beyond noisy and the curtain flapping above it which must be closed at night was too long, so it blocked most of the air coming out. Also, the refrigerator must have had a problem, as every so often (all too frequently) it went through a routine of noises which resembled a woodpecker. Very annoying and not at all conducive to sleep. Also, there was no desk in the room and the small side chair seemed suited to a child. All in all, very low budget and inadequate compared to many competitors in this area. Room was just entirely too small. But, must say persons at the front desk were just excellent and very helpful and the grab and go breakfast, though not unusual for this type of stay, was great.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Dresher Rd., responded to this review, June 6, 2013
William - I'm very sorry to hear that you experienced some issues during your stay with us. It is clear that you found your room to be on the smaller side, so if you choose to stay with us again in the future, I would like you to know that there is a larger room option, the King Deluxe. This has many more features and is only a few dollars difference in price. Unfortunately, we do not offer suites in our hotel. As well, I apologize that you were disturbed by noises throughout the night. Our maintenance staff is looking into these remarks to ensure items are repaired as needed. On a positive note, I'm very pleased to hear you were satisfied with the customer service you received, and I will share your comments with my staff.

Thank you you once more for your feedback. We hope you will choose to stay with us again in the future.
Warminster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I knew about the full sized fridge and lack of glasses, etc (I prefer to use my own anyway) So I was not surprised by it. I stopped at the store before hand for shampoos and such and Costco for a chicken. My room was ready, clean and comfortable. There is a nice walking trail across the street if you need to "decompress" after the drive and the staff was great to me.
Honestly ... I've spent a lot more and gotten a lot less.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank jon t
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Dresher Rd., responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Jon - Thank you so much for your feedback. It's great that you were able to take advantage of the park across the street. This can be a rarity, and we are happy to be able to provide an alternate option other then walking around the local corporate centers!

I do apologize for the lack of cups in your room. Each room should be equipped with two drinking cups and two mugs. In the future, please do not hesitate to ask the front desk for any additional items you may need to make your stay with us more comfortable. Also, although we don't offer shampoo in the room, we do offer it at the front desk. Since our renovation was completed, we even offer new shampoo that has a lovely white tea scent.

I'm very happy to see that overall you enjoyed your stay and I hope that you will come visit us again soon. Thank you again for taking time to share your experience!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horsham
Days Inn Horsham Philadelphia
Candlewood Suites Philadelphia / Willow Grove
TownePlace Suites Philadelphia Horsham
Residence Inn Philadelphia Willow Grove
Hampton Inn Philadelphia / Willow Grove
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Willow Grove

Been to Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Dresher Rd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Dresher Rd.

Property: Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Dresher Rd.
Address: 537 Dresher Rd, Horsham, PA 19044-1995 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)
Location: United States > Pennsylvania > Horsham
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Horsham
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Dresher Rd. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Extended Stay, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Dresher Rd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homestead Studio Suites Philadelphia-Horsham-Willow Grove Hotel Horsham