Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Dresher Rd.
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Horsham
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I knew about the full sized fridge and lack of glasses, etc (I prefer to use my own anyway) So I was not surprised by it. I stopped at the store before hand for shampoos and such and Costco for a chicken. My room was ready, clean and comfortable. There is a nice walking trail across the street if you need to "decompress" after the drive and the staff was great to me.
Honestly ... I've spent a lot more and gotten a lot less.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank jon t
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Dresher Rd., responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Jon - Thank you so much for your feedback. It's great that you were able to take advantage of the park across the street. This can be a rarity, and we are happy to be able to provide an alternate option other then walking around the local corporate centers!

I do apologize for the lack of cups in your room. Each room should be equipped with two drinking cups and two mugs. In the future, please do not hesitate to ask the front desk for any additional items you may need to make your stay with us more comfortable. Also, although we don't offer shampoo in the room, we do offer it at the front desk. Since our renovation was completed, we even offer new shampoo that has a lovely white tea scent.

I'm very happy to see that overall you enjoyed your stay and I hope that you will come visit us again soon. Thank you again for taking time to share your experience!

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Reserved a non-smoking room. When I checked in and got off the elevator onto the third floor it smelled like I was walking into an ashtray. My room was located across from the elevator and also had the smell, but to a slightly lesser degree.

I went down to the desk, but was beaten there by a woman checking into the room across the hall. I figured she was going to complain about the smell too, but she was a smoker and did not mind it. Her problem was that upon checking in, her 7-year-old son was pulling used condoms and a bag of marajuana from under the bed. A little disconcerting....

When it was my turn, they first tried to offer me another room on the third floor. When I voiced my concern, they moved me to a room on the second floor, which turned out to be free of cigarette smell.

While laying in my bed in my smoke-free room, a large silverfish came out from under the pillow and crawled across my arm and neck. I was not quick enough to kill it, so it got away. I did not see him again, but spent the rest of the night expecting to have more bugs crawl across me...

The "First class breakfast" was disappointing. Breakfast consisted of: coffee, packaged muffins, oranges and apples, granola bars, and instant oatmeal. There wasn't much for my 12-year-old son to eat. I expected to see at least some juice, milk, cold cereal, and yogurt....

My son was disappointed there was no pool or workout room. But there was none advertised..

Overall not what I expected....

Room Tip: If you don't like the smell of smoke, don't let them put you on the third floor. Plan on br...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Larry - Your review was brought to my attention. I am extremely disheartened to hear that you found your room to be unclean, the third floor to have a smoke odor and the grab-and-go breakfast to not be what you expected. Please know, we are in the process of replacing our ventilation system in the near future. This will help to eliminate any odors which are lingering within the hotel. As well, our grab-and-go breakfast is a new feature at our hotel. As we continue to fine tune it, we will keep your feedback in mind. Lastly, I can assure you, as this hotel's manager, that guest safety is one of our top priorities. We do not condone illegal activity of any kind and are prepared to take as well as have taken swift action when needed.

Overall I'm so sorry that we were not able to make this a better experience for you. If you would like to contact me directly at 215-956-9966, I would very much like to discuss these issues with you in more detail. Thank you for your feedback and I hope to hear from you soon!

Reviewed May 3, 2013

It seems that this property is more attuned to a party that needs a temporary place to stay, or the business person or out of town worker who needs a short stay in the course of employment. It was clean, BUT there were no drinking glasses in the kitchenette, short on eating utensils, towels like sandpaper, and no NBC, CBS, FOX or ABC on TV. This week no heat or hot water because boiler being replaced. No one ever heard about portable boilers? Let's not talk about breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I stay in hotels about a third of the year. The Extended Stay America - Horsham - Dresher Rd is a great value. The rooms are updated and clean. The staff are very professional. Mr. Ron and Ms. Nora made the stay pleasant and trouble-free. I look forward to staying there in the future and recommend it to all others staying in the area.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank ATL99
Manager-TOH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Dresher Rd., responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

As a hotel brand that strives to sell value over price, feedback like yours is what we enjoy reading the most. We are extremely lucky to have Nora and Ron on board and I've shared your comments with them. We do all that we can to make each guests stay hassle free, and are consistently striving to go above and beyond to show we are more then a standard hotel by showing exceptional customer service. To hear that we achieved that during your stay is as positive of a comment as we could hope to receive. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future and will continue to provide clean, comfortable accommodations in hopes of giving others the same experience as yours. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments for others to see and we hope you will continue to use Extended Stay Hotels for all your travel needs!

Reviewed March 20, 2013

You can stay for one night or one month! I had a 5 week stay so got familiar quickly with the staff, mainly Ron, Nora, Michelle, Brian. Everyone is very friendly and helpful... I needed extra hangers, a can opener, dry cleaning/a tailor, a few of my guests needed toothbrushes, extra maid services... which all the staff named above quickly helped me with and these things do make a difference to make your stay more pleasant. The rooms were clean for the most part and a decent size for the price, everything was in good condition so I can't complain. My only complaint is that I found random belongings under the lower shelf that sits below the bathroom sink (ie empty travel size shampoo bottles, a sock that wasn't mine) which lead me to believe that it doesn't get cleaned... Overall this was a great place to stay for the price and I would recommend it and stay here again for my next visit!

1  Thank Mthen001
Manager-TOH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Dresher Rd., responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Horsham. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your comments of Ron, Nora, Michelle, and Brian.

We know that our guests have multiple hotel choices, which is why our mission is to provide clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price that guests want to come back to. The room condition of past items left in your guestroom totally unacceptable to me and not at all representative of our quality standards. I have met with our hotel staff and used your review to help coach them on room cleaning and inspection policy.

Thank you again for the feedback as it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Best place to stay, economical in cost perspective, attentive frontdesk, rooms are renovated, clean and has basic things to cook and easy access of places around the hotel like restaurants and fresh market.They even povide Breakfast

1  Thank Mercydeborah
Manager-TOH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Dresher Rd., responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Homestead Philadelphia - Horsham. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Thanks again.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

The staff was great. My husband is in the army reserves so it was very close to his base. Price was fair. Rooms, halls and common areas were kept spotless. Rooms were very clean and cute with a kitchenette and breakfast nook. Bathroom was very nice. I though the bed was a little hard, but my husband didn't mind. We will be booking this hotel next month definitely.

• Stayed: March 2013

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Homestead Philadelphia – Horsham. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Horsham
Days Inn Horsham Philadelphia
8 mi away
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 2 in Montgomeryville

Been to Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Dresher Rd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Dresher Rd.

Address: 537 Dresher Rd, Horsham, PA 19044-1995 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)
Location: United States > Pennsylvania > Horsham
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Horsham
Price Range: $72 - $100 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Dresher Rd. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Extended Stay, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Dresher Rd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homestead Studio Suites Philadelphia-Horsham-Willow Grove Hotel Horsham