“Lively atmosphere, great food and beer selection”

Iron Abbey Gastro Pub
Reserve with OpenTable
Iron Abbey Gastro Pub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 63 Restaurants in Horsham
Cuisines: British, Gastropub, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Iron Abbey is a public house created around artisanal food and drink. Our menu meets classic European fare and All-American comfort food. Or 40 draft lines rotate on a weekly basis with the best European and American craft selections. An extensive craft beer, wine, spirits, and cocktail list allows our guests to enjoy a range of taste.
Reviewed October 25, 2012

The variety and quality of the beer selections was surpassed only by the extraordinarily delicious food. The fish and chips were almost as tasty as those served in British pubs and fish and chip shops. My companions black and blue burger and California burger wraps were some of the most delicious sandwiches we've tried anywhere. While the noise factor is high, the friendly staff and festive atmosphere added to the enjoyment of the dinner. We will certainly be returning to this pub at its convenient location on Hwy 611 across from Willow Grove Naval Air Base.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

The Iron Abbey is, at heart, a pub, but if you go you'll see it is so much more. The food is not "pub grub". The food is excellent, both in quality and range of offerings. The beer...don't get me started. This isn't some little pub with four taps. This is a beer lover's idea of heaven. The atmosphere is wonderful, for me at least--I enjoy soccer more than the average person. Every time I drive by, I think how lucky I am to have had this place open up so close to home. The Iron Abbey would be worth a hefty commute, but I'm fortunate enough to have it right up the street. My only negative was that our waitress ignored the living daylights out of us. She spent 80% of our stay talking to one table (her friends??) and couldn't be bothered to get us refills. I'll chalk that up to one server having one bad day, though. It didn't kill me to walk the 10 feet to the bar to get my own drinks.

Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

Lovely pub! Atmosphere and ambience are fantastic! The staff is friendly. The menu is unique and the food is good (I had the filet sliders and they were great-french fries very tasty and I could have had some more). I will definitely be back and recommend this pub highly.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

So many beers to try -- I always end up with a "beer flight" where I can try four different beers for like $9 or so. We love the appetizers, and they are half price during happy hour on Fridays. (4-6pm) They also always feature a beer and wine at discount during happy hour, too. I adore the cheesesteak "egg rolls." Which brings me to my next point: This place is associated with na Bras (adjoined), so clearly, the quality of meat at the Iron Abbey is outstanding; accordingly, the food is great! I've had the cheese and charcuterie board, Gorret''s Original Sin -- our fav! -- the salads are top-quality, and the lunch buffet is outstanding. It's not a bowl of lettuce, a bowl of tomatoes, etc. -- it's more already mixed salads, hot entrees, fresh-cut fruit, etc. It's wonderful. They have all the sports games, and even show the UFC fights there free. Can it get much better than that? All with great food, great beer, and basically a little more upscale crowd. The beer is pricier than Coors Light draft at your local dive, but you get what you pay for. Love this place!

Reviewed June 18, 2012

Several of my co-workers and I try and get over to the Iron Abbey at least once a month. The food is amazing, the staff is nice, and the drinks are great. The prices are reasonable and the variety is worth it.

Been to Iron Abbey Gastro Pub? Share your experiences!