Travellling for business, I usually use another chain, but due to location, I reluctantly stayed at this hotel even after reading the reviews. I should have used better judgement. The grounds and parking area are well maintained and well-lit, but that is they end of the rave reviews.
When I checked in, there was a nice man working behind the desk, but he was overwhelmed. There were three of us waiting to check in and he was taking care of an issue on the phone. Just when we thought that it would be forever to get into our rooms and relax, a housekeeper popped up from a chair in the back area of the check-in desk and began checking us in. She knew exactly what to do and if she had any questions, would yell back to the man on the phone. What disturbed me most is that she was wearing gloves and I had to ask her to remove them before she touched my key. I have stayed at more hotels then I can count in my life and I will offer one piece of advise for this hotel...Work on check-in process. No traveller (business or personal) wants to be checked in by housekeeping and then find dirt and stains in there room ( I won't even go there; others have said quite enough). Take an example from other chains and independents. Check-in should be personal and engaging. Talk about the area and the amenities, use the guests name, and show genuine gratitude for their stay, not complain that they are overwhelmed and doing a job that isn't theirs.
Also, just a tip. If you get a room above the side exit, get a different room immediately. I woke up in the middle of the night several times to the smell of smoke. Guests and employees have an ashtray outside the door and as they blow smoke, it gets sucked right into the AC units above. My room smelled aweful, but with a 8am meeting, I wasn't changing rooms in the middle of the night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Candlewood Suites Philadelphia - Horsham - Willow Grove hotel is nestled in SE Pennsylvania. We are a stone's throw from many areas of interest such as King of Prussia Mall, Valley Forge National Historic Park, Franklin Mills Mall, Philadelphia Zoo, Philadelphia Convention Center, Franklin Institute, Willow Grove NAS JRB, & Fox Chase Cancer Center.The Candlewood Suites Philadelphia/Willow Grove is the perfect choice for business or leisure travelers. Earn Priority Club rewards points for each qualifying stay. Our large guest suites offer the perfect amenities for your business trip, vacation, or relocation needs. Each room boasts a fully equipped kitchen allowing you to cook the meals that you love just the way you like them! Relax in your overstuffed recliner as you enjoy a movie from our free lending library. Work in comfort at your in-room desk while taking advantage of our free high-speed Internet. Can't bear to leave Fido at home? Bring him along! We offer a pet friendly environment. Visit our executive fitness center or do your laundry in our free machines. Visit the Candlewood Cupboard for a frozen dinner, ice cream, or late-night snack. It is open 24-hours! We are also a great alternative to a corporate apartment and offer a flexible pricing structure based on your length of stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Candlewood Suites Philadelphia / Willow Grove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Philadelphia / Willow Grove Hotel Horsham
- Horsham Candlewood Suites
- Candlewood Suites Horsham
- Candlewood Horsham