We stayed in room 108 during Thanksgiving break (4 nights). The room seemed like it was 8 million degrees. It was cold enough outside that I put on a hat, gloves, and scarf, but we had to turn the air conditioner on in the room. For a first floor room, that seemed quite odd. Maybe if you had a room facing away from the parking lot it would be better?
I wish they had included plates for 4 instead of 2. While it was only the 2 of us staying, and the room only had a capacity of 2, I felt like it was wasteful to run the dishwasher with such a small number of dishes, so we did them by hand.
The bed was a double, which is what we've come to expect when we book through Hotwire. In this case, the way the room was set up, one side of the bed was easier to access than the other. It is apparent that everyone who uses the room uses that side of the bed. That side of the bed had a dip in it. The other side of the bed was at enough of an angle that I kept waking up feeling like I was going to slide over to my husband's side.
There was a lot of closet space. There were plenty of bath and kitchen products. The dresser was big. The table was a nice size. We liked having the big refrigerator. The staff was generally friendly. There is a nice parking lot with good lighting. The hotel is away from busy streets, so it was generally quiet.
It wasn't really a bad place, and back in the day when I was traveling alone on business all the time, it would have been great, except for the 8 million degrees thing. The price and the kitchenette were nice enough that we would probably stay here again. I would recommend it most for solo business travelers, not couples.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Candlewood Suites Philadelphia - Horsham - Willow Grove hotel is nestled in SE Pennsylvania. We are a stone's throw from many areas of interest such as King of Prussia Mall, Valley Forge National Historic Park, Franklin Mills Mall, Philadelphia Zoo, Philadelphia Convention Center, Franklin Institute, Willow Grove NAS JRB, & Fox Chase Cancer Center.The Candlewood Suites Philadelphia/Willow Grove is the perfect choice for business or leisure travelers. Earn Priority Club rewards points for each qualifying stay. Our large guest suites offer the perfect amenities for your business trip, vacation, or relocation needs. Each room boasts a fully equipped kitchen allowing you to cook the meals that you love just the way you like them! Relax in your overstuffed recliner as you enjoy a movie from our free lending library. Work in comfort at your in-room desk while taking advantage of our free high-speed Internet. Can't bear to leave Fido at home? Bring him along! We offer a pet friendly environment. Visit our executive fitness center or do your laundry in our free machines. Visit the Candlewood Cupboard for a frozen dinner, ice cream, or late-night snack. It is open 24-hours! We are also a great alternative to a corporate apartment and offer a flexible pricing structure based on your length of stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Candlewood Suites Philadelphia / Willow Grove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Philadelphia / Willow Grove Hotel Horsham
- Horsham Candlewood Suites
- Candlewood Suites Horsham
- Candlewood Horsham