Candlewood Suites Philadelphia / Willow Grove
$114
Hampton.com
$130
Hampton.com
All reviewsbusiness parkfree washers and dryersfresh paintgarbage disposalan extended stay hoteltwo burner stove topfull kitchensized refrigeratorwork spacelaundry roomother hotelsironing boardan updatecheck in was a breezeshopping and restaurantshorsham areastayed for one night
Reviewed May 12, 2011

Property was quiet & clean. Office park setting feels safe. No frills (unsurprising for the brand), but I slept well & enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed February 19, 2011

Due to the reasonable rates for this place my spouse and I already had LOW EXPECTATIONS but that doesn't mean NO expecations! The bathroom was dirty, was filled with hair from the last visitor, the towels had white crusty film on them and were obviously not replaced, not to mention the bedding had a funky BO spell and the mattress was hard as a rock and gave us both backaches. Just when we thought it couldn't get worse, the person above us on second floor started pacing back and forth at about 3 am and was slamming furniture around until about 6am. The second night we did not have to deal with the ridiculous amounts of noise from upstairs way past a reasonable hour but the heater stopped working around 4 am which is not fun in below freezing weather. It is so not worth the cheaper rate then other area hotels unless you enjoy a filthy, noisey hotel with non functioning heaters in below 0 temperatures and don't plan on sleeping through the night. Do yourself a favor and spend an extra $30-40$ on a better hotel in the area that at least guarantees cleanliness, has functioning heaters/ac units and won't tolerate guest that make an unreasonable amount of noise in the wee hours waking up everyone else around them. The icing on the cake was that when we checked out I very nicely mentioned the heater not working, filthy room, the 3-5am noise and all I got in response was " sorry"- thanks for a sleepless weekend filled with dirty amenities and noise!!!!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 31, 2011

Their snow plower pushed 4 ft of snow behind all the cars in the parking lot. I watched the maintenance crew stand and watch the guest try and dig their way out. The front desk told me the following day that they would be cleaning out the snow from behind them. The next morning when it wasn't done I was told by the girl at the front desk that removing the snow from behind my car was a "courtesy" and not their responsibility ! I had to call the Corporate Office to get them to take care of it. The next day a package arrived for me and the front desk sent it back ! Needless to say, I checked out and went to a different hotel.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 21, 2011

I recently stayed at the Candlewood Suites in Horsham/Willow Grove, PA. First off, this hotel is quite difficult to find. It is not directly off Route 611 and the PA Turnpike. You have to follow a maze of back roads through an office park to find it. It's not terrible, but this leaves the hotel further away from the hotels and services on Route 611.
The hotel staff at check-in seemed very young and a bit unprofessional. This hotel has almost no lobby to speak-of, and there were a few people just hanging out around the front entrance drinking beers, and the staff did not seem to mind this. But check-in was fast and they had my key ready to go.
The room itself can be best described as "clean but tired". This is definitely a no-frills extended stay hotel. I only stayed here for one night because it was close to my meeting, but I would not want to be here for extended stays. The kitchenette area in my studio suite was clean but the old. The bathroom while small and old was mostly clean. The shower floor was a little stained and showed some signs of mold, but didn't creep me out too bad.
The best thing I can say about this hotel was the bed. While only a queen, I found the bed and pillows really comfortable, and I got a great night sleep. The bed and especially pillows are normally my biggest complaint about inexpensive hotels! Lastly, a lot of people have complained about the hi-speed internet, but I found no problems with either the wired or wireless connections.
Overall, I would not stay here again, but if you're looking for a hotel for under $100 in the area, it's probably worth a look.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 28, 2010

I stayed for one night while doing business at the Fox Chase Cancer Center, the hotel is in business park which I thought was comforting given that the Willow Grove area runs alongside a 1 lane highway with shopping malls and restaurants. The hotel is about 20 minutes from the King of Prussia mall. The sheets and towels were clean, the bathroom and kitchen could have been updated. You know an update is needed when the room has a tube TV instead of a flat screen. I would stay here again, however noticed many hotels closer to locations I was visiting.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business