“Housekeeping crew needs to actually clean the rooms!”

Residence Inn Philadelphia Willow Grove
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Horsham
Reviewed September 19, 2010

My room stinks, I'm guessing it's mainly from the carpet. The ceiling is dirty from all of the dust and debris coming out of the A/C vents; obviously the filter needs cleaning. There are spider webs on the ceiling corners and dead bugs on the floor along the edges of the walls. The only thing the housekeepers do is take out the trash, replace the towels, and sloppily make up the beds. I have never had housekeeping insist on coming into the room even when I placed the "do not disturb" sign on the door, and then they called by phone and knocked on the door again. The gym has two threadmills and an elyptical; it could use an expansion, to include a stationary bike and some weights.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank Crucian_Traveler

Reviewed June 29, 2010

I've stayed at this Residence Inn about 20 times in the past 7 years and the service from the staff is outstanding. The property itself is well kept for an older property, and has been upgraded several times over the years. It is very quite here, off the main road of Dresher Blvd. They often have special afternoon events such as BBQ when the weather is nice. But the main reason I'm writing this review is because of the front counter staff. Numerous times they have reserved a special room for me, to meet my particular requests. We all have our preferences, but I've found this hotel really makes an effort and in my case almost always is able to accommodate. Recently I left a personal item at the hotel and when I called to locate it, they immediately went to the room, retrieved it and sent it to me. I had it back within 3 days, all the way across the country. I stay in hotels about 30 days per year and this one is one of my favorites. The service is 10 out of 10 and better than hotels costing 3X as much.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 26, 2010

I stay in 15-20 Marriott properties per year. This one is not a good representation of the brand. The hotel itself is terribly out of date and looks like it last received an update in the 1970s. My lock to my main door had been drilled (unit 1512 if you want to confirm it) twice and filled in with plumbers putty. Yes. Drilled. That does not exactly leave a visitor feeling secure. Also, the bathroom had extensive mold on the ceiling. I'm highly allergic to mold and brought it to the desk clerk's attention. The temperature knob to the tub was upside down. Though I figured out which way to turn it after scalding myself, that was not a fun learning experience. The lamp that has the power plugs on the computer desk functioned as a light, but the power sockets were both broken. I confirmed with several devices. The internet was so slow over the provided ethernet connection that I had to resort to my cellular card which was (I ran a speed test) about 10 times faster.

All in all, no one item was an egregious failure, but in sum, they added up to far less than I've come to expect from a Marriott experience.

The cigarette burned holes in the curtains were the final decorative touch. Oh, wait, that is, until you step outside your room where the dumpsters are kept beneath the stairs. Yes. Adjacent to the door to my room. Lovely smells wafted in every time I left and reentered.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank programr
Reviewed November 15, 2009

Stayed here with the family last summer for a few days. Very comfortable hotel. Kids enjoyed the pool. Have stayed at some other Residence Inn's and this one is a bit older, but the staff was great. Location is very good.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed January 24, 2009

I stayed here for 4 days during a business trip. This hotel was as nice as any Residence Inn I have stayed at. The loacation is convenient to local food and shopping yet off the road away from noise and plenty of privacy. The rooms were very comfortable and quiet. One thing I liked was that it is a condominium style hotel and you can go directly to your room without going through the lobby. It gives a person that down`home feel. Front desk staff was very professional also.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank MOODEYZZ
Reviewed November 22, 2008

clean, quite, well-equipped kitchenette, good breakfast, free wireless + PC with printer in reception, launderette on premises

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank svemar
Reviewed August 18, 2008

Got a great deal on this room and really enjoyed the stay, especially for the price! I'd never stayed at a Residence Inn before, and although it's not as nice as most of the other Mariott chains I've stayed at, it was certainly pleasant. It has a nice cotton duvet cover on the comforter-- no disgusting unwashed polyester comforter, which is really the only thing I REALLY care about in a hotel. Otherwise, our room had a full kitchen and dining area, as well as a couch and several chairs. I think it would be a great place to stay if you were on business in the area. The breakfast in the morning was great and the staff was incredibly accommodating and chipper even at 9 in the morning, wiping down the tables and frequently refilling the breakfast. The man who checked us in at night was also incredibly friendly. I was very impressed by the staff. The outdoor pool is average, but clean. There is a small area to play basketball and a small tennis court. I will definitely stay here again if I am in need of a comfortable stay in the area.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank yesisaid
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horsham
TownePlace Suites Philadelphia Horsham
Courtyard Philadelphia Willow Grove
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Willow Grove
Fairfield Inn & Suites Philadelphia Willow Grove
Candlewood Suites Philadelphia / Willow Grove
Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia/Ft. Washington

Been to Residence Inn Philadelphia Willow Grove? Share your experiences!