“Great breakfast, clean rooms”

Residence Inn Philadelphia Willow Grove
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Horsham
PA
“Great breakfast, clean rooms”
Reviewed November 11, 2011

My wife and I stayed at Marriott's Residence Inn while visiting family in Horsham, PA. We had a very positive experience - the check in/out was a breeze, the room (a suite with a full kitchen) was clean with a very comfortable queen size bed, large modern flat-screen TV, easy free internet access, etc. Complimentary breakfast was excellent with hot items (eggs, bacon, sausage), yogurt, fruit, pancakes, etc.

The only warning is this Marriott does not look like your "typical" Marriott - the buildings are 2-stories, and it is situated in the middle of a sprawling business park. This location is very quiet. Unless you have a GPS, you may have trouble finding it.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank akory99

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
USA
Reviewed October 17, 2011

Stayed here for one night while visiting our daughter at her university. This is a lovely property, with nicely decorated, modern and comfortable rooms. There was a fireplace in the living room area and a nice, well-equipped kitchen with a pretty large fridge. Even though we weren't there for long, we liked having all the extra space in our studio room. The king-sized bed was harder than we prefer but not terrible. One little thing - when I made my reservation I was asked to choose what kind of pillows I wanted, and I chose foam. However, we had some squishy down ones instead. I didn't bother to ask for them to be changed. As far as service, we only dealt with the front desk staff, a young man who was pleasant and efficient. The bill was at the door the next morning and it was accurate. The location is great, the grounds are attractive and although we had plans to go elsewhere for breakfast, I think we could have managed okay with the one provided. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 29, 2011

This Residence Inn is like the numerous others where I have stayed. It was clean, the hotel staff was excellent, and I could count on breakfast and the usual afternoon meals when I returned from work. It was undergoing some construction when I stayed there, but I hardly noticed. If you are in the Willow Grove/Horsham area, you can't go wrong with this hotel.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Nuristanoply
GMWillowGrove, General Manager at Residence Inn Philadelphia Willow Grove, responded to this review, October 5, 2011
Thank you for staying with us and your recommendation. As you indicated, we recently completed a total renovation of our rooms and public space and hope you will be back to see the final results. I was happy to hear that our staff took good care of you and you were able to participate in both our breakfasts and evening socials.
Reviewed September 3, 2011

This place is nice and clean but beware if you leave any valuables in your room and house keeping comes in they will be taken. My wife's wedding ring was STLOEN by house keeping. My family and I searched the entire room knowing full well the wedding ring should've been on the night stand. I walked over to the front desk to ask if there was a possibility that they could've maybe placed somewhere safe for us and the response I got by the girl at the front desk was: "anything left on tables, night stands or anywhere in the room is not touched or moved". To make a long story short, house keeping is gone by 3pm and also is the manager. If you report something wrong they will get mad at you and deny that anything like can happen here. Guess this GODS hotel.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank Dougierules
GMWillowGrove, General Manager at Residence Inn Philadelphia Willow Grove, responded to this review, September 6, 2011
We take great pride in our associates and their honesty. We also respond as soon as possible to any concerns brought to our attention. In this matter, the ring in question was found under the bed after the guest checked out during our routine Housekeeping service. It was returned to the owner at the hotel's expense via Federal Express that same day.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed September 1, 2011

Stayed here for one night on business. I had to make an unexpected trip to Horsham PA and the proeprty was great. They had a social hour with complimentary beer, and snacks, and although they did put the WII up -it was mostly used by little kids (who did also trip on the wires and bring it down from the mantel to the floor -so I'm not sure that'll still be available on Monday nights). The rooms were entirely updated -great TV, kitchen was stylish. Internet was a little sluggish, bathroom was basic but clean and I don't think they had WIFI as my laptop needed to be plugged in to get on line. Because the rooms are more like apartments the outer area where all 4 units come together can be loud -even in your room with the door shut. This wasn't really a problem, just something I noticed.
We had dinner at Otto's Brauhaus -a german place- it was EXCELLENT can't recommend it more highly!

Room Tip: I think an upper unit would have less noise, as these are like Garden Style apartments
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
GMWillowGrove, General Manager at Residence Inn Philadelphia Willow Grove, responded to this review, September 13, 2011
We are glad that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and hope to see you again in the future (this time as a planned trip). I have shared your observation regarding the location of the Wii equipment with our Social staff and we will make the necessary changes to ensure the safety of our guests. Although we currently do not have WiFi capabilities in our guest rooms, we are working to install new equipment within the next few weeks and should have WiFi throughout the property. On your next visit, please note in your reservation your preference for a 2nd floor room, and we will do our best to accomodate your request.

Thank you for staying with us.
Glens Falls, New York
Reviewed June 28, 2011

Hotel is in great condition. New and clean looking. Staff was great. Room was very nice and roomy. Travel agent booked this for me at the last minute and the hotel was very helpful. I spend 2-3nights every week in a hotel and for the first time ever, I actually thought the room was haunted. Some seriously strange stuff including the light in the sink area clicking on and off repeatedl every time I turned off the bed side light and laid down. I fianlly figured it must be a short somewhere and ignored it. It stopped after a bit. Property is very nice and I will stay again, ghost and all. :)

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed May 7, 2011

Located in a quiet, attractively landscaped office park whose major tenants are national insurance companies and financial institutions. Well maintained property, recently fully renovated. Rooms and public areas are spotless. Comfortable beds. Showers have plenty of hot water and good pressure. Friendly, pro-actively helpful staff. Free parking. Only complaint: disappointing breakfast. Within a mile of higher end food markets, dining, pharmacies, etc. Restaurant tip: Allegro Cafe in nearby Maple Glen, PA (ca. 3 miles) (See separate review.)

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horsham
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Willow Grove
Hampton Inn Philadelphia / Willow Grove
Fairfield Inn & Suites Philadelphia Willow Grove
Candlewood Suites Philadelphia / Willow Grove
TownePlace Suites Philadelphia Horsham
Courtyard Philadelphia Willow Grove

Been to Residence Inn Philadelphia Willow Grove? Share your experiences!