All too often when you arrive late at a hotel, you have to wait for somebody to find their way to open the door, and then it's a night accountant who is sleepy, takes too long to check you in, and doesn't know much about the hotel. I arrived about 1:30am after a late flight to find the staff alert, knowledgeable and helpful. And gave me a choice of rooms with different locations and features. What a pleasant greeting!
The room was a nice-sized studio with kitchen Clean, and in very good condition. I had no problem with hot water (so presumably they did indeed fix the problem reported in another review). Internet was free and fast (though I didn't attempt any video or music downloads).
The most pleasant surprise was the free continental breakfast. Probably the best continental breakfast I've ever had: fresh fruit (apples and bananas), a nice selection of yogurts and cereal, English muffins and toast, etc. The best part: some wonderful bakery muffins. Not the frozen pre-packaged ones you see elsewhere. They had about 6 varieties and they were so good!
I was planning to take my breakfast up to the room so I could do some work on the internet. Some hotels scorn at guests who take food away from the breakfast area, but here the very friendly waitress brought me a small bag to carry my muffin, yogurt and fruit more easily! How delightful!
All this for the best price for equivalent accommodation in the area. About $20 cheaper than any of the competition on the night I stayed there.
One small disappointment: when I was leaving, one of the room maids was moving her cart from one floor to another. She seemed to think that the elevator was for her sole use and was annoyed when I wanted to use the elevator for my luggage. Maybe she was behind schedule and in a hurry to make up some time, but she was not happy at my interrupting her day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The TownePlace Suites will be renovating the guest rooms and public space beginning July 1, 2014. Please, come visit and see all of our upgrades! TownePlace Suites by Marriott Philadelphia Horsham hotel is located within 20 miles of downtown Philadelphia making our hotel the perfect place for longer stays to the Philadelphia area. Our spacious studios, one and two bedroom suites have fully equipped kitchens for dining in, free Internet access to keep you in touch, and extra room and home touches that you expect in an extended stay hotel. Area businesses include Teva Pharmaceuticals, Motorola, Johnson & Johnson, Bimbo Bakeries, Finisar, Cancer Treatment Centers of America and many more. Guests may shop near the hotel at the Willow Grove Park Mall, Peddler's Village, Franklin Mills Mall and King of Prussia Mall. Guests will also want to spend time enjoying historic Bucks County, especially Sesame Place! Whether you choose to cook in your suite kitchen or dine at one of the many nearby restaurants, the TownePlace Suites by Marriott Philadelphia Horsham hotel always provides the comforts of home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Booking.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your TownePlace Suites Philadelphia Horsham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Towneplace Suites Philadelphia Horsham Hotel Horsham
- Towneplace Suites Horsham
- Horsham Towneplace Suites