“Terrific value, good breakfast AND great staff at reception and at breakfast”

TownePlace Suites Philadelphia Horsham
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Horsham
“Terrific value, good breakfast AND great staff at reception and at breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

All too often when you arrive late at a hotel, you have to wait for somebody to find their way to open the door, and then it's a night accountant who is sleepy, takes too long to check you in, and doesn't know much about the hotel. I arrived about 1:30am after a late flight to find the staff alert, knowledgeable and helpful. And gave me a choice of rooms with different locations and features. What a pleasant greeting!

The room was a nice-sized studio with kitchen Clean, and in very good condition. I had no problem with hot water (so presumably they did indeed fix the problem reported in another review). Internet was free and fast (though I didn't attempt any video or music downloads).

The most pleasant surprise was the free continental breakfast. Probably the best continental breakfast I've ever had: fresh fruit (apples and bananas), a nice selection of yogurts and cereal, English muffins and toast, etc. The best part: some wonderful bakery muffins. Not the frozen pre-packaged ones you see elsewhere. They had about 6 varieties and they were so good!

I was planning to take my breakfast up to the room so I could do some work on the internet. Some hotels scorn at guests who take food away from the breakfast area, but here the very friendly waitress brought me a small bag to carry my muffin, yogurt and fruit more easily! How delightful!

All this for the best price for equivalent accommodation in the area. About $20 cheaper than any of the competition on the night I stayed there.

One small disappointment: when I was leaving, one of the room maids was moving her cart from one floor to another. She seemed to think that the elevator was for her sole use and was annoyed when I wanted to use the elevator for my luggage. Maybe she was behind schedule and in a hurry to make up some time, but she was not happy at my interrupting her day.

Room Tip: The breakfast room is in the main building near the reception desk. If it's a blustery cold day...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
horshamgm, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Philadelphia Horsham, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such nice things about our hotel. We appreciate all the great things you had to say and how our staff was able to make you feel so welcome upon your late arrival. We work hard to ensure our guests all have a great experience here and it is rewarding to hear when we have been successful.
We have taken your comments about our housekeeper to the entire team as an example of how each team member can impact a guest's day. Thank you for letting us know about this issue. We will ensure that it does not occur again in the future.
Please let me know if I can be of further assistance. Again, thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to share with Trip Advisor your thoughts.

Mollie Fisher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Ambler, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

We arrived at the Horsham Townplace Suites in a snowstorm to find a very friendly office staff who had just baked chocolate chip cookies! My daughter was sick so we missed the morning breakfast and were so pleased that staff made us a doggie bad of breakfast items! They also were patient and offered personal assistance when she was crying. We felt very welcomed.

Room Tip: Corner suites are quiet with a lot of windows
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
horshamgm, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Philadelphia Horsham, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel. We are glad to hear you had such a great experience here. We love hearing how the staff was able to help you and get you everything you needed while you were here. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Horsham.

Durham, NC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights between Christmas and New Years to visit family in the area. We selected this hotel because of the location and because it is one of only two in the area that allow dogs (and we'd already ruled out the other after a previous stay).

The location is good, the price is great, and the staff are friendly and helpful. But 2 mornings in a row we could not get hot water for showers. The temperature would start out hot, then get ice cold, then maybe get warm, then get cold again. We complained to front desk after first day, and someone from maintenance tried to address the problem, but since we were on the first floor right in the middle of a building, it seems likely that the hot water supply is just not adequate for the size of the building so running hot water in one unit affects the availability in other units.
The studio room was OK and the full kitchen was a real plus. But the furniture and fixtures are getting pretty worn. There is a couch and one (desk) chair in a studio. The desk chair looked as though a cat had worked it over (see photo).
We'd like to make this hotel our regular place to stay when visiting the area, but not if it means cold showers.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank roadtripping_fan
horshamgm, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Philadelphia Horsham, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. I love hearing how great the staff is and how you enjoyed the people. I am so sorry for the issues with the water in your room as well as the chair that needs to be replaced. I assure you that we have corrected the plumbing issue and it will not happen again. We are also scheduled to replace the office chairs later this year. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you. I look forward to seeing you again and showing you how much we value your feedback and business. Again, thank you for you honesty and the time it took to post your opinions.
Finger Lakes Wine Country, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

My extended family and I have stayed here many times over the years. We grew up in the area, have friends and relatives remaining and try to stay here when we visit. Most recently, 6 if us stayed while attending a friend's 50th birthday. We had a 2 bedroom suite, pull out sofa in the living room. If you are looking for a fancy indoor pool, this is not the place. however, if you are looking for a clean spot and a friendly spot, this IS a good option. The staff has always been smiling and helpful. We do not use the kitchenette when visiting (except for the fridge for our travel beer!) but if you do need one, the kitchenettes at TownePlace are bigger, more modern and have more amenities (ie, dishwasher) than many a NYC kitchen. The breakfast is very bare bones but there IS a breakfast for free, which is nice. We usually stop at a diner for breakfast since it is another Philadelphia-area eating experience that we miss, now that we live 4 hours away. A few miles from the Willow Grove Turnpike exit, but worth the drive for price and value. All in all, a very good place to stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
horshamgm, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Philadelphia Horsham, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such nice things about our hotel. We are so glad you enjoy staying with us and that we have been able to accommodate all of your needs. We appreciate all of the great things you shared and look forward to seeing you again.

NJ
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

Second stay with this brand and my last. They are just not up to Marriott standards. Refrigerator stank upon opening. Bath room could have been cleaned better. Rest of room was OK and spacious. The worst part. The mattress was so old and we sank into it....again. Tte bed squeaked loudly with every move. And I woke in the middle of the night to the sound .of running water. Loud..... running water....with nothing running in the room. Turns out, its running somewhere in the walls I guess. Staff was very nice. Breakfast was lame. I cannot reccomend this hotel or even this brand .

• Stayed October 2013
horshamgm, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Philadelphia Horsham, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. We strive to exceed the expectations of every guest and it is disappointing when we fall short. I am sorry that breakfast was not what you had hoped. I am also very sorry about the mattress in your room. We are looking to correct all of the items you brought to our attention so they do not happen again. We hope you will give us another opportunity to show you how much we value your business. Again, thank you for your time and honesty. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.
Boston, Massachusetts, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I stayed one night at this hotel while on a business trip and was very comfortable. I would highly recommend the Suites for family vacations or longer stays as it has a kitchen and many other necessities. Bonus points for the local gym which is a short 2min drive away and is free for guests of the hotel. Quiet area and many restaurants are within a short drive.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
horshamgm, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Philadelphia Horsham, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and we hope to see you again on your next trip to Horsham.

Montreal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

Our first time at TownePlace Horsham and not the last.
We were there for our annual terrier show in Montgomery.
We booked a suite with 2 bedrooms at a very decent price.
Wall are sound proof, rooms are clean and beds so comfortable.
Central Air conditioning was efficient and quiet.
With 3 TV, 2 Queen size beds and one sofa beds, this room can handled 6 adults easily.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank S.Boutin
horshamgm, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Philadelphia Horsham, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank you so much for the great things you had to say about our hotel. We love hearing when we are able to provide a great experience for our guests and I am so glad we were able to help you enjoy your trip for the dog show. I hope to see you again next year!

Mollie Fisher
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horsham
Residence Inn Philadelphia Willow Grove
Days Inn Horsham Philadelphia
Candlewood Suites Philadelphia / Willow Grove
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Willow Grove
Hampton Inn Philadelphia / Willow Grove
Fairfield Inn & Suites Philadelphia Willow Grove

Been to TownePlace Suites Philadelphia Horsham? Share your experiences!