TownePlace Suites Philadelphia Horsham
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Horsham
Montreal
“Wow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

Our first time at TownePlace Horsham and not the last.
We were there for our annual terrier show in Montgomery.
We booked a suite with 2 bedrooms at a very decent price.
Wall are sound proof, rooms are clean and beds so comfortable.
Central Air conditioning was efficient and quiet.
With 3 TV, 2 Queen size beds and one sofa beds, this room can handled 6 adults easily.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank S.Boutin
horshamgm, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Philadelphia Horsham, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank you so much for the great things you had to say about our hotel. We love hearing when we are able to provide a great experience for our guests and I am so glad we were able to help you enjoy your trip for the dog show. I hope to see you again next year!

Mollie Fisher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here 4 nights. The rooms were clean and well equipped. We were able to make our own meals and the hotel provides a nice continental breakfast. We were able to bring our dogs and there were plenty if places to walk them.

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback. I am sorry there was an issue with the coffee maker in your room. I assure you we have addressed your concerns with housekeeping and we are working to ensure this never happens again. I appreciate you taking the time to write a review and allow us an opportunity to improve. I hope you will return again the next time you visit Horsham so we can show you how much we value your business and your comments.

Zagreb, Croatia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

Suggest not to drink any coffee in your room: moulded coffee pad was in the coffee machine. For 2 days it went unperceived. After I complained at the reception, it disappeared. I wonder if it was washed properly (with desinfectant or similar). Poor cleaning.
OK breakfast. Good beds.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
horshamgm, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Philadelphia Horsham, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Thank you so much for writing a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations. We have addressed your concerns about housekeeping with the staff and the appropriate action has been taken. I hope that you will come back in the future and give us another opportunity to meet and exceed your expectations. Again, thank you for your time and honesty.

State College, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

I see that hotel management likes to respond to these reviews, which is good as it shows they care, and I believe they really do. I will say that while I had numerous problems with this hotel, the management folks (particularly the front desk folks) were very nice and helpful. Most of my negativity came from things that are difficult for management to address. Also, this hotel isn't awful. It's not a dump. Overall it's fairly well maintained. It even looks respectable from the outside. But once inside, it was not a pleasant place to stay for an extended period (several weeks in my case--but most of my impressions were formed immediately, not over time, when any hotel can get old).

The good: As mentioned, the folks working there, specifically those manning the front desk, are nice and helpful. Also, the showers in the room, while they don't look like much, are excellent, with a strong flow and plenty of room to move. They provide you with two bar soaps, body wash, shampoo, conditioner, and body lotion, which is nice. The location of the hotel is good if you're taking care of business in the area. An outstanding feature is the access your room key gives you to the local, private athletic club, which is very nice. The hotel is quiet and it's reasonably close to the freeway, but I wouldn't stay here if you're doing business outside of Horsham or the towns immediately adjacent. The 611 road is very congested with lots of lights and there are hotels closer to the freeway, the city, other 'burbs, etc. The beds are reasonably comfortable (more on those below) and the room is a good size. They have kitchens that are tiny but serve their purpose. The TV and clock radio were pretty good, with satellite TV available when it wasn't pouring rain. I was in a regular room, so there may have been larger rooms with larger kitchens and different layouts, but I can't comment on those.

The bad: The very worst part of this hotel is the quality of construction. Yes, I know, many (most?) hotels have paper thin walls, floors, and ceilings (I once stayed in a New Orleans hotel where I could hear a couple having relations on another floor!), but this one was one of the worst I've ever experienced. It didn't help that I had bad neighbors (I made the proper complaints, to no avail), but c'mon. Next door I could hear everything, particularly the TV, which is always cranked up because the A/C units are so loud. Even worse was the floor above. I had a kid above (a little kid who didn't weigh much, as I later saw) who loved to run laps around the room for hours. It sounded like a herd of wildebeest had been let loose in a room filled with hungry lions. After that kid left, another person came in who I knew weighed 300+ pounds based on the crashing footfalls. Every time he walked around the room the light fixture above my desk would sway and the room would vibrate. No exaggeration. I later saw the person (keeping with the theme, I could hear the person exit their room, so I looked out the window as they exited the hotel to assess the enemy) and it was a smallish gentleman, 160 pounds max.

What else? Room service was poor. Not horrible as they made the bed every day, but the sheets became dusty (they were supposed to change them every six days, I believe, by policy, but I saw no evidence of that) and on several occasions later on I found a very tiny bug in the bed (bedbugs I presume). Very gross. This would've caused me to leave the hotel, but I was with a group and could not. I also found a couple other bugs in the room, but I was on the ground floor, so those things happen and I don't hold it against them. Management took care of the sheets issue later on, to their credit. Anyway, room service enjoyed providing me conditioner. I ended my stay with four bottles, none of them opened. Meanwhile I ran out of body wash after one bottle and it was never replaced (I of course could've again spoken to mgmt, but I made this into a little experiment since I didn't really need it--and it was never replaced). I'm not sure what the policy was on this, but my toilet was only cleaned periodically. Fortunately I'm a neat person, but still... And best of all, on my next to last day, I came back to my room to see that whoever was cleaning it must've left early and never returned. My towels weren't replaced, the sink had dried cleanser in it, and, most tellingly, some of the contents of my shopping bag--filled with chips, dried fruit, and gum--were removed and set on the counter. There could be several explanations for this, but the contents of my bag should have been left alone. Since they clearly left mid-cleaning and didn't return, I wondered if any of my other bags had been examined in the past before being replaced. I have no evidence they were, and I'm making no direct accusations, but that whole scene left a bad taste in my mouth.

More? My toilet seat was round. ROUND! Small and round. I'm an average sized guy and I had problems with posterior alignment, so I can only imagine what a larger person would be dealing with on that thing. And overall the room, while not bad by any means, just had a shabby appearance to it. The kitchen reflected this as well, as did the bathroom. Nothing bad, just shabby. The small, four-burner stove/oven was a convenient feature, but I didn't feel comfortable using it. The fridge was fine and they did give you all the kitchen necessities.

This is the part where, in other reviews I'll read on here, I'll see similar comments and think they're a little privileged, whiny even. If that what this sounds like, my apologies as it's unintended. While mgmt was responsive, upon check-in I was given a first floor room despite a request to be on an upper floor. As a short-time Marriott Gold member these requests are usually accommodated, but it's just a request and no big deal if they can't do it. Yes, in this case I should've later requested to change rooms due to the noise issue from above, but that's a major hassle to change rooms during a long stay with tons of luggage. Again, normally it's no big deal and I would never go around waving the gold card saying, "Do you know who I am?" But in this case several colleagues arrived after me and were given 3rd floor rooms. That makes no sense. That was a disappointment, but I'm not normally a "gold member" in any context so I'm used to it.

The breakfast is continental and fairly disappointing, at least if you're there for more than a few days. They continually ran out of 2% milk (if you're a big skim milk user, have I got a hotel for you!), then one day a couple weeks into my stay I tried it and it came out in clumps. No more milk for me. Bananas were a twice a week treat because they were that rare to see. For a short stay it really wasn't that bad, I guess, except for the spoiled milk, but if you get sick of bagels and cereal, there is a Wawa just down the street, which I hit pretty hard in the mornings.

There were other minor annoyances as well, but I've written far too much. In sum, I would only stay at this hotel if I got a HUGE bargain compared to the other nearby properties and I was only staying for two nights, max! And if so, definitely ask for an upper floor, end room that faces the outside of either building. Outside of that, I would stay elsewhere. Just my opinion.

Room Tip: Stay on an upper floor, end room, away from the parking lot!
1 Thank mdcawa
Thank you so much for your honest and detailed feedback about our hotel. I appreciate knowing where we met your expectations along with where we fell short. I assure you that we have addressed your concerns with the housekeeping staff and we are correcting all of the concerns you raised. We strive every day to make each guest's stay enjoyable and memorable. Thank you for the wonderful things you shared about our staff. We believe in a culture of friendly, caring people who go out of their way to satisfy every guest. I hope you will come again in the future and give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations. Again, thank you for your time and feedback.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

When the prices are too high in Philadelphia, or when you need something for business in this area, this hotel is a good alternative. Like the other Town Place Suites I have stayed in this year, this one can use some upgrading and modernization to catch up with what Marriott is doing with Courtyard and SpringHill Suites, etc.

But the bed was comfortable, the room clean, very quiet, and the feeling of your own property with the full amenities of kitchen and appliances.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
horshamgm, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Philadelphia Horsham, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you so much for writing a nice review about our hotel. We always love hearing from our guests and we appreciate all of the feedback we receive.
We work to improve our hotel every day and we are working to ensure that our hotel is updated regularly. Thank you for your kind words and for allowing us an opportunity to serve you while you were in the area. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Cape Coral, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Located about 15-20 miles north of Philly, great suburb area. Plentiful of restaurants and shopping within 5-10 miles. I stayed in a studio room with full kitchen, desk and sleeping area in one. Very comfortable for one person. All areas of the hotel were clean. The wifi did not work well but the rooms had a wire at the desk that you are able to connect through. The gym is pretty much non existent, a treadmill and old stepper/elliptical. They do offer access to the gym a few miles away which was very large and nice. I inquired to the front desk staff if there was an LA Fitness gym nearby to which they replied no, but there was one only 5 miles away. Front desk staff also was unaware of the community advertisements/social gatherings the manager had posted on their chalkboard-thought that was kind of odd.
Small breakfast area-they offer coffee, muffins, bagels, fruit, yogurt and cereal. For some reason, the running water/shower was extremely loud from upstairs in my hotel room. Windows were able to be opened for fresh air. Pool was small and in a shaded area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
horshamgm, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Philadelphia Horsham, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. We appreciate all feedback and use it to continually improve out hotel. I am sorry that the front desk did not have the information you were looking for. We have addressed the issue with them and we can ensure this issue will not occur again.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again.
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

We stayed here recently for 2 nights during my son's hockey tournament. The rooms are nice and spacious. The bath tub drain was not draining properly but everything else was in working order. I can't say enough nice things about the staff. They were all so nice and helpful even with a hockey team full of teenage boys running around. The breakfast was your normal continental breakfast with cereal, muffins, bagels, etc and they made sure it was always full. I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
horshamgm, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Philadelphia Horsham, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thank you so much for your nice review of our hotel. It is good to hear that we were able to provide such a great experience for you. We have corrected the issue with the tub and look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Horsham. Again, thank you for taking the time to write such nice things.
Mollie Fisher
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horsham
Residence Inn Philadelphia Willow Grove
Days Inn Horsham Philadelphia
Candlewood Suites Philadelphia / Willow Grove
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Willow Grove
Hampton Inn Philadelphia / Willow Grove
Fairfield Inn & Suites Philadelphia Willow Grove

Been to TownePlace Suites Philadelphia Horsham? Share your experiences!