“Showing some age”

TownePlace Suites Philadelphia Horsham
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Horsham
Reviewed January 26, 2012

The staff and service are very good, but this hotel has some years behind it and it shows. I had to switch rooms because I was in a connecting room and my neighbor was loud so the noise went right through the double doors. The second room smelled like smoke and there was a dripping sound right above my room that kept me up. There is a strong, aged, musky smell throughout the halls and elevators, likely seeping through tha aged carpeting. A few more modern makeover attempts around the lobby only mask the vintage, time for a major makeover, especially at $179+ standard rated rooms.

• Stayed: January 2012
TPSHorshamAGM, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Philadelphia Horsham, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2012

Hi,

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. I'm sorry to hear that you had to move rooms due to the guest next to you with too much noise. Next time you stay with us we would be more than happy to ensure you are not put in a connecting room. We try to ensure that our hotel is at the highest quality of standards and cleanliness. I will make sure to work with housekeeping and maintenance teams to correct the issues you have brought to my attention. Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel and if your in the area in the future please feel free to contact me directly with any of your travel needs.

Best Regards,

Adam Shiel

Reviewed October 15, 2011

The furniture was very old and uncomfortable. The kitchen appliances were old as well and made the room feel antiquated. The sound proofing was non-existent and we could hear every time someone left their room (so much for a nap after the early morning flight!) We were very disappointed in the quality for the price.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Mama521

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and your stay with us on Tripadvisor. I'm very sorry that we did not meet your expectations while staying in the Philadelphia area. I know how important it is to get rest while recovering from a flight. I wanted you to know that we have had our maintenance staff check all guest room doors to ensure that they do not slam and disturb other guests while entering or leaving the room. We appreciate you choosing us while you were in the area and hope that the next time your in the area you would consider giving us a second glance.

Best Regards,

Adam Shiel

Reviewed September 12, 2011

My husband and I stayed here on 9/10/11 in order to be convenient to a family wedding venue. This place is very old and showing its age (stains, chipped tiles, a stove where only 2 of 4 burners worked, etc.) They offer an outdoor pool, but it was out of service. They offer a continental breakfast, but it was dry cereal, coffee and apples. The room doors are the old fashioned kind that slam loudly when they shut, so you can imagine how quiet our rest was once all the young wedding goers came in after partying all night! Also, we thought we were getting a kingsize bed and it was only a queen, and the sheets were literally threadbare on the edges and the comforter edges were very frayed. OK. You get the picture. Oh, and they say they are a pet friendly hotel, but charge $100 a night extra if you bring one!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank keil38
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We stayed here just one night, part of a package deal with a flight. You definitely need a car or someone to pick you up if you stay here. There is nothing within walking distance, i.e. bars, restaurants. It's about a 45 minute drive to Philadelphia from here, and farther to the airport. Our room had a fridge, stove, coffeemaker and dishes, so you could cook for yourself. I thought it was clean and the bed was very comfortable. Breakfast in the morning has a lot of options for just a continental breakfast. There is a pool here if you want to go swimming.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank cleozen
Reviewed June 7, 2011

We recently stayed at the TownePlace Suites Hotel in Horsham while on a business trip. This is a very nice hotel, efficient and pleasant hotel staff. It is very clean and the one bedroom units are well equipped with the small kitchen. The location is a short distance from the PA Turnpike, close to restaurants. We highly recommend this hotel to anyone who would like to have the kitchen available, small living room area and a good size work space.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank TwoputtandMore
Reviewed April 27, 2011

I did not have a good stay at the TownePlace suites. The hotel has little sound proofing. You can hear people talking in the hallway, and worst of all I could hear people talking next door to me, because the doors are so thin, you can hear everything! I called the front desk, and they said they would get on it "right away." (Did not happen). I was kept up until 2:30am until my neighbors finally decided to go asleep. They weren't being too loud either, they were just talking, laughing, and watching TV, you can just hear everything in this cheap motel.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank droshek
Reviewed March 27, 2011

Room was clean, bed was very comfortable. New TV. Kitchen very small but had an oven which was a nice surpise. Front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. I was very comfortable and at ease. Nice area..alot very close by including a great Brazilian Steakhouse. Katie in sales was great with follow ups to see to how I liked my room and if there was anything I needed.

I was sorry my stay was shorter than expected.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horsham
Days Inn Horsham Philadelphia
Residence Inn Philadelphia Willow Grove
Candlewood Suites Philadelphia / Willow Grove
Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Dresher Rd.
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Willow Grove
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Warminster - Horsham

Been to TownePlace Suites Philadelphia Horsham? Share your experiences!