“Great homeade breads and soups”
Review of Sun Porch Buffet - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Sun Porch Buffet
Cuisines: American
Kensington, Maryland
“Great homeade breads and soups”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Skip the tired salad bar and the heavy main dishes. This place has a variety of basic, homestyle soups and lovely home made breads. The pies on the dessert tray were also very good.

Visited January 2013

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“For a town that really has no good places to eat the Sun Porch is the best place in Fayette County.”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Living in Philadelphia you have to prepare yourself for a lack of great eating places when going out to Uniontown. Even the Nemacolin resort to me is just average from a food perspective. But I happen to be told that the Sun Porch was the place to go. So I stopped in and can tell you this is the best food in Uniontown area. The Titlow, Capperelis nor Nemacolin cannot compete with the Sun Porch in food quality and service. Some of the darn potato salad I ever had you have to try it. I find the food to very moist and as well the service staff is always make sure that the food up to a very high standard. The staff are always professional and seem to be very happy. Happy Staff make great food it seems to be story the will continue for a long time. Great Job Sun Porch I love you.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank cmpqse
Brownsville
“Great food, great price”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

My family has been eating at the Sun Porch occasionally for 23 years. (My son had his first carrot to gnaw on here!) We hadn't visited for a while, but decided to go again the other day. Why did we wait so long?! The place was exactly the same, in a very good way. The food is still delicious and varied. The owners still visit your table and all the servers are attentive. The price of the buffet is exceptional for the value. There is a huge salad bar and they were carving beef roast and ham. My favorite item is the corn fritters covered with maple syrup. We decided not to wait so long between visits again.

• Visited October 2012
Bethesda, Maryland
“Satisfying meal at a bargain price”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

My wife and I were passing through Hopewood heading elsewhere for dinner, when the Sun Porch sign caught our attention and we decided to give it a try. Very glad we did! A huge selection on the buffet -- we couldn't try everything. I'm not a meat eater so I can't tell you about most of the entrees, but the baked fish was quite good. The salad and dessert bars were outstanding. Friendly and attentive service.

• Visited July 2012
Davidson, North Carolina
“Great buffet, all home made”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We were ravenous after caving in Laurel Caverns and our guide recommended this local place. We don't visit many buffets but gave this a try. We were very happy we did. Nice service, hometown folks, tasty food at a decent price. Save room for the pies!

• Visited August 2012