“reservation problems”

Raccoon Creek State Park
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Hookstown
Reviewed June 16, 2012

I attempted to make a reservation last evening for a pet friendly site. Since we'll be camping with my 8 year old son, I figured that a site near a playground would be good, so that he can play, while mom and I relaxed at camp, keeping him in our sight. When I made the reservations, there were in excess of 40 sites available for the weekend and ammenities I chose. No electric/water, tent site, pets allowed. Today, however, I received a call from Raccoon stating that the site I chose was unavailable that weekend, and that I only have 2 options, one that is pretty far away from just about everything, and one that includes electric/water. I asked her if I could get the electric/water site for the same price as a site that doesn't include these perks. She said that she would let the owners know and have them call me tomorrow.

Out of curiosity, I pretended to make a reservation again, only to find that there are still 36 sites available for reservation that weekend with my choices. We'll see what they can do, but so far, I'm nothing but dissapointed in the reservation process. My confirmation DOES state that they have the right to change my reservation, but why does the website still have over 30 sites still available, when the lady told me that they only have 2...

9  Thank Todd E

Reviewed May 23, 2012

We camped here years ago and had a good time, but we enjoy just driving through from time to time.

1  Thank whisperingnook
Reviewed May 11, 2012

My hubby and I along with family members through out the weekend--Th-Sun--stayed in one of the cabins that are available for a fee. The grandchildren had such a good time. The flowers were out at the Wild Flower Reserve. They spoke with a park ranger about the bees that can be viewed there, also. Cooking hotdogs outside; making s'mores; staying up really late; playing board games and cards when it rained. It was wonderful.

3  Thank Sue N
Reviewed March 3, 2012

The lake is just okay, but the walking trails are really nice. A good way to clear your head after a stressful day.

Reviewed February 9, 2012

We come here often and hike & camp. The bath houses are clean, but they could use a facelift, but otherwise it is a clean well run park.