“Bar is great, restaurant lacking”
Review of Bistro on 10 - CLOSED

Bistro on 10
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

I have been to the downstairs bar several times and have always had a good experience there. Today we went upstairs to the restaurant for the first time and were disappointed. It was early dinner and pretty slow inside. First, the good: the place is very clean, great atmosphere. We were greeted immediately and sat promptly. Now, the rest: We sat at our table for a long time before the waitress came over. The waitress was very slow, it took upwards of 10 mins to get a drink refilled after she asked if you would like another one. It took a while for our orders to be taken. I ordered the stuffed salmon with asparagus and mashed potatoes. The potatoes were very good. The asparagus was overcooked and shriveled. The salmon was tough and tasted not fresh. The crab imperial stuffing was not good. My fiancé ordered the lobster special, which he said was not fresh either. They did not bring any butter with the lobster. My mom ordered a medium well steak and it came out medium at-best.

It wasn't awful, but definitely not worth the money. The service was what you would expect at a cheaper chain restaurant. Probably will not go back to the restaurant portion again. I will return to the bar, because that has always been a fun time.

1  Thank Abaker4146

Reviewed March 7, 2014

I've been to the Bistro on 10 several different times... for dates, for family outings, and celebrations for the kids. We've always had a great experience when we've gone. The staff is always very friendly and attentive, and the food has always been very good. My first visit, they had an appetizer of fries with some type of truffle sauce - which was amazing. I've been waiting to see those reappear on the menu ever since. The menu, in itself, changes for the season - so there's always something new to try. I would definitely recommend this establishment if you're looking for a nice quiet place to have dinner. If you're looking for some entertainment/excitement after your meal, head downstairs to the Horse Shoe Pub. Live DJ on Friday and Saturday nights... it's not too crowded, and can be a nice place to cut lose and enjoy a few drinks.

2  Thank Jawanna M
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Historic building right on the corner of routes 10 and 322. Beautiful old building with tastefully redone interior. Food was very good and service was right on time. Choice of seating in the main dining room, Pub or at the bar. This is our choice when friends or family are in town

2  Thank Joe L
Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

I really enjoy coming here with my family and friends for a great meal. As someone said service is a little slow but this is not a fast food joint. Service is slow to enjoy the company you have and the atmosphere. They stay on top of refills. Wait staff is also friendly. I have ordered many thing on the menu and have not been disappointed yet. Plan on at least an hour and a half to two hours. I'm sure you could speed them up if your truly in a hurry.

1  Thank shva0809
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Family members suggested this restaurant as it was a pretty equal distance for everyone to meet. DH and I arrived early and got a cocktail at the bar. Nice bar, bartender very attentive. We were watching the pizzas being made - they looked delicious. When everyone arrived we were seated promptly. Side note: I wish more restaurants would offer a round table - when it's 8 of us at a rectangular table it's hard to communicate with everyone.Our waitress was very attentive, was there frequently for cocktail orders and more bread. The only downside to this visit was 4 meals were delivered cold and were sent back. Overall the dining experience was very good and we are all talking about going back for a pizza night.

2  Thank WCPAgirl