“Charm, Value, Comfort, and great food”
Review of The Waynebrook Inn

The Waynebrook Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Honey Brook
Jacksonville, Florida
“Charm, Value, Comfort, and great food”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

When I must, I stay at a chain hotel. They are dependable and free of character. When I can, I find places like the Waynebrook Inn and, for generally the same price or less, I get a room with real furniture, that feels as if it could be home. And for this trip I splurged a bit and got a room with a whirlpool tub. Did you ever want to sit in a tub for an hour or two and just relax and then realize it was not large enough to do so comfortably? Then you never stayed at the Waynebrook Inn because this bathroom, with a regular tub/shower and a separate whirlpool tub was just what I wanted. Add on on site restaurant where I could sit at the bar for an hour and have an excellent selection of draft beer while I did a little writing and, later, a meal with a friend of Lobster and Prime Rib prepared wonderfully and exceptional service from the bartenders, waitstaff, Innkeepers, and, really, everyone. Oh, and the continental breakfast that's included with the room? It was great. This is where I will be staying every time I am in the area. If you want a great place with excellent charm and a reasonable price, you should stay here too.

Room Tip: Go for the rooms with a whirlpool bath - worth every penny
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jonathan M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
East Earl, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 7, 2013

I have stayed at the Waynebrook on three different occasions. Every stay was wonderful. We were given personal attention and all our needs were met . Tiffany the hotel manager was pleasant and more than happy to share the history of this grand Inn and surrounding area. upon check-in I found that I was an hour early. Tiffany didn't have me wait in the lobby but, commenced to check me right in and even served me a much deserved cocktail while I worked in the spacious dining room. The only blip in our stay was we had no hot water the first evening, we were comped our first night. Friday night we enjoyed a great dinner at the Bistro. Lobster and clam dinner! $20.00! I don't know how they do it! I have paid more than double for this same meal elsewhere. Our server Jennifer was efficient, friendly and was able to recommend a great wine to accompany our meal. Breakfast is free and tasty. The maintenance man John was chatty and friendly sharing some local lore our last morning. All in all GREAT!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank ross746
Reviewed November 17, 2013

We were to stay at hotel in Morgantown, but changed our minds and booked at the Waynebrook Inn. What a great place this is, fast & free WIFI, very well appointed, clean and with a wonderful restaurant inside as well.

We were in on business and each of us loved our room, dinner in the Bistro and the free breakfast. Plus, the Waynebrook is only a few minutes off the turnpike, so it was easy to find and get to.

Honestly, we would not have know about the hotel had it not been for TripAdvisor...THANKS

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Drhow8
Manahawkin, New Jersey
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I stayed at the Waynebrook Inn and must say this place is perfect for business travelers.

I have been staying at the big chain hotel near the turnpike, but found this property on my last trip. The staff was great, free WIFI, a free breakfast plus and awesome restaurant and lounge on site! And the prime rib was the best I have had in years/

Anyway, I love the Waynebrook Inn and would suggest others give it a try.

ENJOY

Room Tip: Ask for the KING...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank gourmetjason
BALTIMORE
Reviewed November 4, 2013

SERVICE: The first impression of this place was completely ruined by the rude receptionist at the check in desk. She did not smile or greet us and was in an extremely foul mood providing us with horrible service in an un-welcoming manner.

ROOM: The smell in the hallways and lobby was of dampness, mold and mildew. The room was unclean with stains on the carpet and bed linen. The wallpaper was peeling from the walls and the ceiling had both mold and water stains inside the room and in the hallways. The curtains were coated with dust as were the lamps. Dead bugs were in the window ledges. The panel in the back of the vanity was broken and falling off. Both beds were lumpy with springs poking through and quite hard. The bathroom was very outdated with a tiny claustrophobic shower and no place for toiletries.

NOISE: Our room was directly above the kitchen and we could not rest at all due to the noise below us. The walls are very thin and we could also hear conversation from other guests as well as walking and banging noise above the room. We could hear water running loud pinging noise coming from the pipes. It was extremely difficult to get any rest in this place.
I cannot say there was much we enjoyed about staying here.

OVERALL IMPRESSION: Two of our family members were in rooms on the 4th floor that clearly were just renovated and in great shape, however most of us were in sub-sufficient sleeping quarters all with the exact same issues. To be honest, I could not wait to leave this dusty, moldy, smelly place. This is an uncleanly over-priced dump in need of upgrading. Do not waste your money here.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank janicecooks
InnsOfDistinction, Manager at The Waynebrook Inn, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear janicecooks,

While we respect your right to express your opinion about our Inn, we strongly disagree with your review. Many of those with your group loved their stay, unfortunately we let you down. And for this we are sorry

Overall, our guests love the Waynebrook Inn...take a look. ...

Nov 13, 2013
Best Hotel Around for Business Travel!

Sep 23, 2013
Nice weekend

Aug 30, 2013
Great week at the Waynebrook

Aug 3, 2013
The Jewel of Honeybrook-a Lovely place...

Jul 29, 2013
Wonderful Experience

Jul 1, 2013
Still just as lovely as when we married...

Jun 20, 2013

Perfect Inn for the weekend

Mar 27, 2013
Nice quaint hotel

Mar 9, 2013
Something different and a cut above

Mar 3, 2013
Lovely & relaxing weekend getaway

Feb 24, 2013
NICE WEEKEND AWAY

DRH

Travelers are raving about these Honey Brook hotels

North Haledon, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Place is very nice. Rooms are comfortable if you get 2 queen size beds. Be careful some rooms have bathrooms the size of phone booths. Restaurant on property quite good. They provide a light breakfast with very good coffee.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Nancy G
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I spent a wonderful week in Honeybrook at the Waynebrook Inn. The staff were great, friendly and so helpful. The rooms were so much nicer than the cookie cutter hotel rooms. It felt like I was staying at a bed and breakfast. The Inn has so much character. The rooms were large and so comfortable. Couldn't have asked for a nicer place to stay. Honeybrook and the surrounding areas offer lots of charm. I couldn't have asked for any more from this lovely Inn.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Red Roof Inn Denver
Red Roof Inn Denver
#3 of 6 in Denver
Comfort Inn of Lancaster County North

Been to The Waynebrook Inn? Share your experiences!