“Great place”
Review of Schrute Farms

Schrute Farms
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Loved this place. Great room, friendly service from our host. There were a lot of activities you can do with your family. Food was awesome as well. Will definitely come back. The beds were soft and the view of the fields were amazing. an idyllic respite from the hectic times of work.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,196)

Reviewed August 1, 2013

I really, really hoped that the parsnips would be in season when my wife and I arrived. A lot of people know Schrute farms for its incredible beets... but the parsnips are to die for.

From what I understand, the fields were left fallow so that they would yield another world class crop in 2014. Booking my next trip!

The accommodations were incredible, but that goes without saying.

Room Tip: The rooms are great - I suggest you DON'T bring and alarm clock (or smart phone) because the cro...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Erica0204, Guest Relations Manager at Schrute Farms, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2016

Dear Cody,
thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.
We value your impressions and always try to take them into account.
As you correctly said, in order for us to get the best crops, the fields are left fallow every five years.
Our valuable guests can find all the information on our website, under the calendar website.
We do hope to see you next year and would definitely be happy to allow you to taste our famous parsnips en croute recipe.
Best regards

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Do not stay here!! We had bedbug bites from the straw mattresses, there was no lock on the outhouse door (!), there was actually a pile of horse manure in the front entryway, and I caught that[--]weirdo Mose at the base of our bed at 3 a.m. just staring at us! Oh, not to mention the red stains on our teeth from the beet-based menu, and the fact that they actually chucked a pumpkin at us as we were leaving. Skip this place and head on down the road to the Stalk Inn, which just re-opened under new management.

Room Tip: The Irrigation Room has a view of the outhouse with the broken lock, if you're in to that stuff.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
mattlg90, Manager at Schrute Farms, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2016

Dear Kramerica,
Thank you for your email.
First of all, I am deeply apologetic for the inconvenience this has caused you.
Our main goal is to assure that all of our customers can have the best experience in the facility. I will personally investigate further and make sure a proper check is carried out.
Could you please provide me with some more specific details and if some of the staff was able to help you out somewhat. Certain situations are to be escalated.
I will personally keep you updated on the situation. Please once more accept our sincere and deepest apologies.
Kind Regards,

Matteo

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Excellent hotel in a good location. The perfect hotel for the theater lover. Rooms are clean and the bathroom has plenty of room. I was given a corner room and the view is fantastic. Would stay there again. Staff is super, love the small touch such as the front desk staff will come from behind the counter and stand next to you to explain your room location and other details.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Louie De Q, General Manager at Schrute Farms, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2016

I am happy to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We are looking forward to seeing to you again.

Thank you for sharing your fantastic experience.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

The Irrigation Room is amazing. We throughly enjoyed the visit. The table making demonstration was the highlight of the stay. Dwight and Mose are exceptional (albeit a little weird) hosts. Warm and welcoming place!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TrimixDiver
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I have never been more satisfied in my life. Mr. Schrute was warm and welcoming along with his cousin, Mose. The freshly made beet wine tasted as sweet as the sound of being awakened by the toilet door. Making a table has been one of my best experiences ever, I know dine on it night and day. Thank you, Dwight.

4  Thank dulcie g
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I loved this and had a great time. The beds were soft and the view of the fields were amazing. an idyllic respite from the hectic times of work. i stayed with my partner and we were well looked after. I can only recommend the breakfast buffet (croissants that were light and crispy!), and sitting by the pool taking the world in.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Akbar Travels
1  Thank Minesh S
Management response:Responded November 9, 2016

Thank you for reviewing our business!

On behave of the Hotel management and staff we like to inform you that always enjoying providing the best travel experience to our valid Customers and we always will be!

For anything else let us know.

Regards,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Honesdale
Comfort Inn Pocono Lakes Region
The Carbondale Grand Hotel & Conference Center
Cove Haven Resort
Cove Haven Resort
#1 of 2 in Lakeville

Been to Schrute Farms? Share your experiences!