“Not Worth the Very Long Wait” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Riverview Restaurant at Rusty's - CLOSED

The Riverview Restaurant at Rusty's
Cuisines: American, Bar, Italian, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
home
“Not Worth the Very Long Wait”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2011

We visited the Riverview last night (Saturday) and we were all very disappointed. First off, from the time we sat down to the time we finished, was over two hours if not longer even after complaining to the waitress. We do have to say that the appetizers were very good. The crispy shrimp wraps and the potstickers were excellent. Now came the wait. About an hour and a half to get our salad and then a wait again for dinner. Our drinks took a while when we first got there and they messed up the second round. The portion for the filet mignon was very small. The chicken dinner portions were bigger but not very good. Three of us had different chicken dishes and they were all cold when they were served. The chicken marsala was the worst. It was tasteless. We would have liked dessert and coffee but we could not stand the idea of waiting another half hour or more. Too bad, the restaurant is very nice inside. "Rusty, where were you last night"?

• Visited October 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank SammyHome

Honesdale, Pennsylvania
“Warm atmosphere, good food, great service and fair prices.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2011

I've been to the Riverview several times for individual meals and after funeral gatherings. during every visit I've had wonderful meals great service that was warm and friendly. Whether you're there for breakfast, lunch or dinner there's an ample selection of gourmet meals to satisfy the robust to the finicky appetite. If you're looking for a burger and fries, you have a variety of choices made with fresh, lean meat cooked to perfection the way you ask for it. I find the "Rusty" to be my favorite but I've had the others and like them all. The burger comes nestled in a large soft bun and whatever combination you order the flavor gushes out with every bite. I find the portions sufficient enough that I usually don't order one of the delicious deserts at the end of the meal.

I've also had sever dishes, all as good as the other. I love the blackened chicken Alfredo. The steaks are thick and done to perfection. I had a special one night of Tuna steak that just melted in your mouth. I hope that becomes a frequent entree because I want it again. In short, if you want a special meal in a special place with warm and courteous service, try Rusty's Riverview.

• Visited September 2011
Kettering, Ohio
“Surprising place for a restaurant, but definitely worth a visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2011

Rusty Palmer is the largest dealer in jet skis, snow mobiles, motorcycles, ATV's, etc. in the area, and this dealership is housed in a sparkling, new, mega building that's probably 2 or 3 acres in size. It's the last place you'd expect a good restaurant, but there is one, and it is certainly worth trying. The menu is creative with sandwiches, salads and other casual fare; the food is excellent; and the service is good; The restaurant, which is tastfully done and spacious, is enclosed in a corner of the building with a beautiful view of the Lackwaxen River just below. There is a spectacular circular bar that must be 50' in diameter. The biggest drawback is their weird schedule - closed Mondays and Tuesdays and other strange hours. But if you get there when they are open, this place is definitely worth a visit. It is also fun to strole around the unbelievable showroom after dinner.

• Visited August 2011