“Is a great German atmosphere.”

The Alpine Wurst & Meat House
Ranked #2 of 65 Restaurants in Honesdale
Cuisines: American, German
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Located in Honesdale, in the Northern Pocono region of Northeastern Pennsylvania, The Alpine Wurst & Meat House has been a premier manufacturer of German sausages, smoked ham, Kassler Rippchen, cold cuts and meats for over thirty years. Our three on site smokehouses assure you the best authentic smoky flavor; while providing the best quality sausages produced with the utmost care and attention. Along with our deli and butcher shop, The Alpine Wurst & Meat House Restaurant is located right next door. Every year thousands indulge on homemade German‐American Cuisine. Our annual Oktoberfest is held every August outside under "The Tent". Known as the largest in the Poconos, we have seating for over 1,000 people!
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

I liked the restaraunt. The decor was nice. The food was ok at best. Asked for spiesbraton in the deli and was told they only sell it in the restaurant and they don't. I ordered the rulaton and not impressed.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We chose this German restaurant because of all the 5 star reviews on Trip Advisor as of late. Unfortunately, our experience didn't measure up to what we had read.

The restaurant was very empty on the Wednesday night we ate there. We figured the absence of customers would mean our waitress would be at least semi-attentive to us. Wrong. Ashleigh was nice enough, but we rarely saw her. My chicken dish came with a side of cole slaw, which didn't arrive with my meal. I didn't realize it was missing until she had dropped off our food and walked out of sight. I planned to mention it to her when she returned to see how our food was, as is customary with most restaurants. Well, she was nowhere to be seen until my husband and I were both completely out of water and most of our food had been eaten. When she finally appeared, I asked for water and my cole slaw. She obliged, but without any apology for either the empty water glasses or for not bringing the cole slaw sooner. It was puzzling. The food was good, which is why I gave this 3 out of 5 stars and not a lower score.

Getting our check was another exercise in patience, as Ashleigh simply wasn't around. We finally snagged another waitress and asked her if she could assist us. She brought the check.

I can't recommend this restaurant. If you're in the area, I think it would be best to keep looking.

2  Thank 1Annabelle1
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Loved the authentic German cuisine. My mother lived in Germany during her childhood and craved authentic German cuisine. Brought her for her birthday and she couldn't decide between all the wonderful choices. Loved every bite and had a wonderful birthday.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Haven't been to the Alpine in a few years and I made a recent appearance. I really miss this restaurant. It's a cute cozy place with a great wait staff. They are hands on, friendly, and courteous. The food is very good. They have a lot to offer on the menu with daily specials. We had the sausage platter with yummy sides and the prime rib sandwich. Everything delicious. Can't wait to revisit.

1  Thank GREGG1971
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We stopped in for dinner at the Alpine, great stuffed peppers and the creamiest mashed potatoes, excellent stir-fry zucchini and tall glasses of iced coffee. The french fries were also very good. The atmosphere is fun and festive with German music and great decorative details abound. The waitstaff helpful and you feel at ease in one of the best restaurants in all the Poconos.