“dinner with 10”

Tick Tocks
Ranked #34 of 63 Restaurants in Honesdale
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: One of the better places in the Poconos and NOT listed in TA...lets fix that!!
Greentown, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“dinner with 10”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We had dinner there on Oct 1st with a group of about 10 people. Service was poor, but the food was decent. My girl and I each had the Decibel scallops which were tender and tasty. I had the crab soup which didn't have any crab meat in it. What it had was imitation crab meat, which we all know is not crab. When I complained to the waitress,she apologized and said she should have told me. She offered me a salad which I refused.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Tom R

Old Bridge, New Jersey
“Great food”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We went here on vacation and it was so good. The waitress was spot on and friendly. I had the filet mignon with the scallops in madeira sauce and it was excellent.The only negative side is you have to pay for soda refills but unsweetend iced tea is unlimited. My husband had the chicken rollatini and it was HUGEEEEEEE. He was full after eating half of it and believe me my husband can eat. The filet mignon was cooked just the way I like it. It does come with sides and veggies. I had the crab bisque soup with was very good. My husband had a nice portion of potato skins which he loved. The shrimp cocktail was good too and sweet just the way seafood should taste. It is not frozen shrimp. It's good shrimp. I highly recommend this restaurant. They do serve alcohol as well.

• Visited August 2013
Lakeland, Florida
“small portions”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I went to tick tock's yesterday afternoon for lunch with a couple of friends. I had their chop steak with mashed potatoes and green beans. The meat was tasty but the portion of the hamburger steak was small....It looked like a large hamburger. My friends had the swiss steak and a turkey sandwich. They said it was decent.
Would I go back....probably, as we have eaten there before and the food was always good.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank jjk1944
Scranton, Pennsylvania
“disappointed”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

nothing great here just same old boring comfort food nothing imaginative and nickel and dime you for lettuce tomato on your burger goto burger king its better than here.

Visited June 2013
4 Thank weatherloach
Romrod, Germany
“GREAT PLACE BUT HARD TO FIND IT”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Located on top of a mountain out of Honesdale, PA the uphill ride is worth it. Use your GPS if you're not a local. But if you are a local you don't have to read this because you already know how great this place is.
TT is a combination of three places: a sports bar, a dining room and a place for larger parties. We like the sports bar best because it's informal and has a choice of booths, regular tables and high stools with high tables. The dining room has clocks all around that are not running. Good thing or every 15 minutes they would drive you nuts! The party service as well as the service to the other two areas is A+.
About the food: can't get any better. Everything is perfect all the time. If you like prime rib then you got to order it here. Melt in your mouth quality. Go there, eat in the sports area on "Marguerite Monday" and get one or more for a $1 each. Go on "Wine Wednesdays" and get a great deal too.
If your group is more than 6 at dinner make a reservation. Don't be put off with a full parking lot, there's plenty of room inside.
Just two negative things: TT is located on top of a mountain and the windows of the dining room face west. So if you're there when the sun is setting pick a table in the shade or else you won't be able to see what you're eating. The other is the lobster soup. Don't order it. Not much meat in what seems to be flour and water.
We own a summer house near by and have eaten at TT many times a year for the past 20 years. We've never been disappointed.

• Visited May 2013