“Average”

Yokoso Japanese Steak House
Ranked #26 of 38 Restaurants in Homestead
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Average”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I eat here from time to time, but its simply out of convenience/location. There are much, much better sushi offerings in pittsburgh.

I have only been to the hibachi table once or twice. It's simply bland food cooked on an indoor skillet top. I usually just ask for a booth in the sushi area.

The sushi is fresh and decent. If you're in the area and craving a bite of sushi, then this place is okay. But I haven't been blown away by it.

Avoid the tempura. It is simply bland and greasy. Not something you'd get at an authentic Japanese restaurant.

The green tea is simply served in a mug with a tea bag. Which kills any other expectation of authenticity that you'd expect from a Japanese restaurant.

Usually, the servers are efficient and friendly. However, the last time I was here, we saw the busboy more often then our waiter. He left us alone for long periods of time and didn't bother to ask us how we are enjoying our meals or if he could get us anything else. I believe his name was Nick.

I've given this place a good couple of tries and I simply cannot recommend it as anything spectacular. If you're shopping in the waterfront and just have to have a sushi roll, fine, but otherwise, do yourself a favor and find a more authentic Japanese experience. Yokoso is certainly not.

• Visited November 2013

Hamilton, Canada
“You are paying for the Show”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

A group from work went here for dinner and had dinner at a Hibachi table. My first observation was that the staff did not have a single person of Asian heritage.
The table ordered shrimp, scallops salmon and chicken dinners, either along or in combinations. The soup and the salad with ginger dressing were good. However, the main courses were not that great. Everyone gets a shrimp appetizer. If you order the shrimp dinner you just get more of the same small shrimp, not larger shrimp. The shrimp were wither over cooked or a little undercooked. The scallops had a nice sear and were very tender. The cooking show is so-so. We saw other chefs putting on a better show than our cook.
The problem with the food is the over use of salt and pepper on everything, including the fried rice. It masks the taste of the food. Luckily I ordered the steamed rice. The restaurant tries to make up for the poor taste by giving large portions. I would rather have had a smaller portion with better tasting food.
The hibachi table booths are designed for people 5 ft 6in or taller. My wife who is 5 ft tall had to sit on the edge of the bench to reach the food. If you are short, ask for a hibachi table in the middle of the floor with chairs.

• Visited July 2013
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
“DO NOT GO HERE, save your money!!!”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Do not waste your money here. We eat at different places all the time and this was by far one of the worst sushi places. We had the plum wine and a martini, 4 sushi plates and the miso soup. It all looked good on the pictures, but when we got it, we realized that it was all frozen and iced fish. That means that it was all mostly old. The fish eggs were artificial not natural, and the sushi was Chinese style not Japanese. Mostly because 60% was rice. I had better sushi at Giant Eagle then this. The chefs are Chinese also. I can vouch for that since I speak Chinese. The miso soup was mostly water, with miso seasoning. The bill came to 67$, outrageous for the quality of the food. This is my first review ever to a place I went so you can imagine how bad this was if I took the time to write this. If you are looking for food go across the street. O to add to the experience that night we both got sick and bloated do to the food. So if you go here make sure you stop at Giant Eagle and get some Pepto-bismol. We actually had to buy that to settle out stomach.

• Visited July 2013
Manchester, New Hampshire, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Save your Money”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Service was great with a friendly barkeep and atmosphere was cool. Industrial/Cafeteria version of Japanese food...

• Visited May 2013
West Mifflin, Pennsylvania
“#1 hibachi”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Had the greatest food, goodtime & excellent table cook. Had the most wonderful time with the cook at our table. He had a great attitude and very friendly.

• Visited January 2013