“Better Service Next Time - I Hope”
Review of P.F. Chang's

P.F. Chang's
Ranked #10 of 38 Restaurants in Homestead
Cuisines: American, Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Monroeville, Pennsylvania
“Better Service Next Time - I Hope”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

On Sunday, January 27, 2013, my wife and I ate at the P. F. Chang’s of West Homestead, PA restaurant. The server gave me the end piece of a lemon instead of a typical slice and a lukewarm salmon entrée.

I informed the server this was merely an observation. The manager, John, came to our table and I explained the situation with him. John was arrogant explaining inappropriate end of the lemon slice policy. To our surprise he compensated me for my “inconvenience”.

• Visited January 2013

Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania
“Disappointing AGAIN this location”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

At least one portion of meal arrived cold (should have been hot). The front entrance/reception area is a major fire hazard. Too noisy at this price point. Previous visit had poor service. Just keeps going down even though it really has a great following in this lower end neighborhood.

Visited December 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Twice in a row now - terrible”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

The most recent trip to PF Changs at the waterfront in Homestead was in Sept '12...i am not a big fan of national chains, but PF Changs seemed to be an exception to that rule for me....really flavorful, unique dishes..i have probably been there now a total of a dozen times...the last time i was there it was terrible and the time before, a few months earlier, there were issues...a few months earlier the rice that was served with my guest' rice was hard...i mean like unedible...they were very good about apologizing and gave us 2 free app cards and removed it from the check...the last time I was there i ordered the Dali Chicken, which i have loved in the past with it's indian influence and great spices..it has potatoes and onions in addition to sauteed chicken....the chicken was sauteed within an inch of its life (it became dry and chewy) and when i was eating what i thought were the potatoes, it was only onions..they omitted ALL potatoes and there were only onions..so my dish was chicken/onions...bleh..almost inedible with how dry it was and no other textures....couldnt complain because i didnt know my companion very well and didnt want to make him uncomfortable...also side salad served was terrible..i think sometimes these chains set a high bar for a while to reel people in then let the bar drop after a having proved their reputation....probably wont go back....

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank etltr
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great & consistant”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

The Robinson location is our favorite. Like the atmosphere & the food is always good. If you eat in the lounge area ask for Darnell or Sean. They are great & very personal. They make you feel comfortable & treat their patrons kindly.

Visited October 2012
Hamilton, Ontario
“Chatty Staff..”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We specifically booked a hotel in this area to have dinner at PF Chang's after a great experience in Las Vegas. My first impression was the noise, I realize it was busy but the acoustics are poor. This time we were disappointed with the service. It was a Monday evening so perhaps the manager was off. The staff seemed to spend a lot of time socializing.
We ordered a bottle of wine first,the server seems surprised that anyone would want a 'whole' bottle. We then ordered a selection of appetizers. We were half way through our appetizers before the wine arrived. We asked for additional lettuce wraps and hot sauce, again we waited and had to catch the eye of our server to reminder her. The order of brown rice that was suggested by the server never arrived and since she never came back to check on us I didn't bother trying to flag her down this time, I figured I would be finished dinner before it appeared.
Otherwise the food was great and reasonably priced. I won't be rushing back to this location.

• Visited July 2012

Been to P.F. Chang's? Share your experiences!