“Good stay (but maybe not for a light sleeper)”

Courtyard Pittsburgh West Homestead/Waterfront
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Homestead
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I stayed here for one night. I thought it was a great location, about 15 minutes from downtown, and close to all the ammenities a traveler could want (restaurants, cafes, shoppes etc.). Yes, you can hear the trains (and the night we stayed we heard some sirens a few times) but it didn't bother me and I slept through the night. In fact, I had a great night's rest (mattress and pillows were perfect!). We stayed in a streetside room (not riverside) and I found the room to be large and clean. The staff was friendly, the front desk staff was quick and efficient and whenever we passed an employee in the hallway they smiled and greeted us. I would recommend this hotel to others, unless you're a really light sleeper (in which case you may not be able to get over the trains). We stayed on a Sunday night so I'm not sure if there were more trains than usual (and still haven't figured out what those sirens were). I thought it was good value for the money.

Room Tip: Perhaps riverside rooms would be better due to train noise (Just guessing here since I had a streets...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh West Homestead/Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Canadian_Nomad_123,
Thank you for writing a review. We're glad to hear of your pleasant stay with us at Courtyard, and we're pleased to know that you enjoyed our friendly staff. I'm glad the trains weren't a bother to you and you slept soundly. Your kind comments are greatly appreciated, and we hope other viewers will benefit from them. We welcome you to come and stay with us again soon.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Pittsburgh West Homestead/Waterfront

Reviewed November 13, 2012

We stayed at the Courtyard 11/2 to 11/4. There are many things to do with the family in short driving distance from this hotel (I.e., Movies, Inclines, Carnigie Science Center, Kids Museum, Zoo, etc.). We had a great time with the kidsa, and they also enjoyed the indoor pool. Would visit here again if in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the River side.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

savakirc,
Thank you for writing a review. We're glad to hear that you and your family had a nice stay with us at Courtyard. It's great to know that your family enjoyed many of the things to do around us as you mentioned, and had a good time together. We hope you will visit us again the next time you visit Pittsburgh.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

We went to Pittsburgh for a wedding. Bride reserved block of rooms at hotel. 40 minutes from airport. Very basic Courtyard. Ac was on full-force when we arrived even though it was in the 50s and raining outside. Room temp was 64. King bed had no comforter and very thin blanket. After taking shower, could not get faucet to stop dripping...drip, drip, drip all night interrupted by partiers who arrived home at 4am and continued to party with loud music, screaming, raucous laughter. Finally quieted at 5 ish when we had to get up. Horrible night's sleep!

• Stayed: October 2012
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh West Homestead/Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

anniefl,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback about your experience with us at Courtyard. I regret to hear that you did not have a good night's sleep. I apologize for the dripping faucet and rowdy guests. I will review your comments with our staff and look to making improvements. Please accept my apology as I wish for your experience with us to be a positive one. I hope you'll visit us again and find the comfortable, restful sleep we strive to provide to all of our guests.

Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

We had a good stay. No noise issues for us or our small kids. Everything was clean except for some mold at the caulk line in the tub (housekeeping needs a better eye). Front desk was quick bringing up towels.

Breakfast was $11pp and was good. Located in the waterfront center it's a little off the beaten path but lots of stores and restaurants close.

• Stayed: October 2012
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh West Homestead/Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

EBABWBMB,
Thank you for your review. We're pleased to have had you as our guest, and glad you enjoyed your stay. I'm glad to hear you liked our breakfast, and I hope you got the chance to shop a little in Waterfront. Please plan to stay with us again the next time you're in our area. We enjoy having you as our guests.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

This is an expensive hotel. I am currently staying here due to a family emergency. I have been here for a week. For this price, no breakfast included??? What? And housekeeping fails to replenish my coffee and do anything more than the bare minimum - fluff pillows, turn down the bed, add towels. Right now for the second time this week, my room is dirty and I did not get coffee for tomorrow morning.

Small stuff? Not for this price.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh West Homestead/Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Thecougie,
Thank you for your review. We're pleased to have you as our guest. I have read your review thoroughly and will act upon it right away. Please be assured that we strive to provide the best service possible and your comfortable, pleasant stay is our goal.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a college visit to Carnegie Mellon. Distance-wise, it's close to CMU -- but if you're from out of town, navigating the ins and outs of Pittsburgh's roads and bridges can be quite challenging.

Like all the Courtyard properties, the hotel was clean, pleasant, and well appointed. The staff was helpful and friendly. No surprises, and no disappointments. I called ahead to let them know that we would be arriving late at night, and check-in at 10pm was not a problem.

Our room was the 'larger queen' with a view of the river, and it was great. Just enough additional space for wiggle room for 4 people, and the view was great to wake up to. I opted for the rate which included breakfast -- a good choice given the good buffet which included eggs cooked to order (not the premade eggs that look like cardboard at other hotels), and excellent service in the dining room.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh West Homestead/Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

cseleosida,
Thank you for your kind review. We're pleased to have had you as our guest, and glad you enjoyed your stay. I'm glad you found our staff friendly and helpful as well as our dining room service excellent. We hope your future travels will bring you back to our area and you'll come and stay with us again.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

i work for us steel and stay at many hotels everytime i stay here james at the front desk and the night housekeep bill are working and are very friendly and always offer help and take care of my request fast witch is good because i get in around 1am and leave around 5:30 not much time to sleep but with the speed from the night staff james & bill

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh West Homestead/Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

chris w,
Thank you for your kind review. We're pleased to have you as our regular guest, and we appreciate your business. I'm delighted to hear that James and Bill are able to help make your stay a good one because with those kind of working hours, I'm sure it helps to be assisted by friendly people. I'll make sure they receive a special commendation for their outstanding service. Please join us again for another pleasant stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Homestead
Southside Flats
HYATT house Pittsburgh-South Side
Southside Flats
SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Southside Works

Been to Courtyard Pittsburgh West Homestead/Waterfront? Share your experiences!