“best hotel in pittsburgh”

Courtyard Pittsburgh West Homestead/Waterfront
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Homestead
Reviewed October 3, 2012

i work for us steel and stay at many hotels everytime i stay here james at the front desk and the night housekeep bill are working and are very friendly and always offer help and take care of my request fast witch is good because i get in around 1am and leave around 5:30 not much time to sleep but with the speed from the night staff james & bill

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh West Homestead/Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

chris w,
Thank you for your kind review. We're pleased to have you as our regular guest, and we appreciate your business. I'm delighted to hear that James and Bill are able to help make your stay a good one because with those kind of working hours, I'm sure it helps to be assisted by friendly people. I'll make sure they receive a special commendation for their outstanding service. Please join us again for another pleasant stay.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Wow, this is a great hotel! I stayed here back in 2006 & I'm happy to say it's gotten better with age. Everything looks new, beds are super comfy, shower pressure insanely awesome and the staff are incredibly friendly & helpful. I stayed here on a Saurday & the staff were scrambling to get the rooms ready as they had close to 100% check-outs that morning, and were full that night, with everyone wanting to check-in at 4:00! Heather at the front desk hung in there and dealt with my request for a specific room with tremendous patience and grace.

One negative the hotel can do little about is the stink beetles were out in force and getting into my room on the southwest side of the building. They moved me to the southeast side and problem was solved as the little buggers follow the sun. I saw the beetles all over the Waterfront area so the problem isn't exclusive to the hotel.

Thank you for a great stay!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh West Homestead/Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Mark O,
Thank you for your kind review. We're pleased you chose to stay with us and enjoyed your visit. I appreciate you letting us know of Heather's special efforts. I'll make sure she receives a special commendation for her outstanding work. Your compliments are greatly appreciated and we hope you will come and stay with us again.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

I have family in Munhall and Squirrel Hill and have stayed at this hotel several times. The staff is always professional and friendly. Excellent staff and housekeepers! The hotel is clean, and the rooms are excellent. Easy access to local destinations, not to mention all the shops on the Waterfront. On the down side, the rooms are rather expensive and they don't offer any free breakfast. They do have breakfast available, but again, expensive....there are plenty of surrounding places that are much cheaper for breakfast, and within walking distance.

Room Tip: When I stay, I try to get a room on the upper level, facing the river. I have stayed in various roo...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MichIsHome
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh West Homestead/Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

MichIsHome,
Thank you for taking a moment and writing a review about your stay with us at Courtyard. We're pleased to have you stay with us while visiting family in the nearby area. I'm glad you found our rooms to be clean and comfortable as well as our staff to be friendly and helpful. We hope to see you again soon for another exceptional stay.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We've stayed at the Courtyard numerous times, and the property is consistently excellent. Clean rooms and lobby, pleasant staff, great location, easy parking. Convenient to Squirrel Hill, Kennywood Park, Greenfield, and walking distance (across street) from shops in W. Homestead. About 15 mn from CMU, Pitt, etc. While most people prefer the rooms overlooking the river, we prefer the rooms looking out at the hillside of older homes in Homestead.

Room Tip: As with many hotels, ask for a room away from the ice machines and the elevator.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night on Aug 31 ... Overall a great Marriot hotel close to everything if you are looking for a place to stay when in Homestead this is a great place to stay.. Nice big pool great staff and verry well decorated

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh West Homestead/Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Gprodrig,

Thank you for letting us know of your great stay with us at Courtyard. We’re happy you enjoyed our big pool along with our modern and clean look. We hope your travels will bring you back to visit us again someday soon.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I had a complimentary night from the hotel from my stay last year so I had to use it and went again for one night. The room was ok, no couch just a chair. The bar never opened and the fire pit on the patio was closed. So sad!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Drene
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh West Homestead/Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Drene,

Thank you for writing a review. We’re glad to have had you stay with us at Courtyard. Please accept my apology for the fire pit on the patio not working at the time your stay. We have our Chief Engineer working on it so it is very unfortunate you were not able to enjoy our warm and relaxing patio atmosphere as expected. I also apologize for the bar being closed that evening. Our Market offers beer and wine options so I hope you were able to purchase your preferred beverages there. We greatly appreciate your business and hope you will come and stay with us again soon.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

I ended up at this Courtyard because the hotel I usually stay at was booked. It's a newer property with shopping center across the street. I has a balcony room that was very nice. The front desk staff was really helpful even guiding us on traffic patterns. The only draw back was the outside noise from the trains.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh West Homestead/Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

RI02886,

Thank you for staying with us at Courtyard and writing a review about your experience. It is our great fortune that you ‘ended up’ staying with us because we value your business and always strive to provide the best possible experience for our weary travelers. We hope you will stay with us again the next time you visit Pittsburgh.

Yours truly,
Beth Neuschwander, General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Homestead
Hampton Inn & Suites Pittsburgh/Waterfront-West Homestead
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh West
Comfort Inn Conference Center
Comfort Inn Conference Center
#58 of 72 in Pittsburgh

Been to Courtyard Pittsburgh West Homestead/Waterfront? Share your experiences!