“Very good, especially for a chain restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of UNO Chicago Grill

UNO Chicago Grill
Ranked #10 of 38 Restaurants in Homestead
Cuisines: Italian, American, Bar, Pizza, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Very good, especially for a chain restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

This is one of the only places in the Waterfront that you can go on a Friday or Saturday where you don't have to wait an hour to be seated. They have one of my favorite appetizers, the buffalo chicken quesadilla. The deep dish pizza isn't the best I've ever had but is definitely still very tasty. They have a decent selection of draft and bottled beer. Definitely worth checking out. One of my favorite chain restaurants in the Pittsburgh area.

• Visited March 2013

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Deep Dish Perfection; Easy on the wallet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

Have you ever eaten something so perfectly crafted that you find yourself craving it for days--or even weeks--after your last bite? That was my experience with Uno and thankfully I live close enough that I can return often.
We arrived on a Saturday night at dinner time and were shocked to be seated almost immediately. Our waitress was pleasant and efficient--I noticed that another table had a very minor problem and she resolved it gracefully in a timely fashion. The restaurant is great inside--roomy seating areas and a very large bar--but the real diamond is their back patio. The covered patio faces the river and it is so serene and wonderful that you easily forget that you are just outside the city center.
We ordered a deep dish pizza and customized it with our own toppings: sausage, spinach, and plum tomatoes. The pizza was crafted to perfection--a crisp crust with gooey cheese over a bed of the freshest tasting sauce. The toppings were added generously--actually, the plum tomatoes were lightly mashed to the point where they were almost a sauce in and of themselves. It was really, really great pizza.
For two people to share, we were both completely satisfied and even had an extra piece to take home for later. Not to mention, the price was totally right--just over $20. Can't beat it!
In the future I would love to try one of their desserts--the menu had some items that looked delicious, but I just didn't save room with that amazing pizza at dinner!

• Visited May 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic pizza at a cost”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

The pizza here is extremely good but unbelievably caloric. The food is a bit pricey and the service is average at best.

• Visited August 2012
“Good Chicago Pizza at a reasonable price.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

Love the Pizza, Very unique and fresh tasting. Definitely give Pizzeria Uno a try!

Visited September 2011
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“pizza may be OK; everything else is subpar”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2012

Was there in April or May with some coworkers for an early dinner (they all left dissatisfied too). We're all tired of the yucky iceberg lettuce. I noticed there were few interesting veggies or mix ins in the salad. My creamy pasta dish I am almost certain had been frozen and reheated. The portions of both were very very small. Too expensive considering portion size and poor food quality. I certainly won't be going back. It was too loud in there too to hear my friends, even though there weren't alot of people there yet. The building acoustics were poor I guess.

• Visited April 2012