Review Highlights
Nice waterpark to cool off at

Nice waterpark in the Pittsburgh area. It’s kind of a pain to get to since it’s in the waterfront... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
PghXie
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Fun!

I’ve lived in Greater Pittsburgh area all my life and have been to Kennywood dozens of times, but... read more

Reviewed October 7, 2018
255reganp
Steubenville, Ohio
via mobile

All reviews wave pool tube slides great water park giant eagle a lot of fun save money bring coolers other attractions upon entry cool off locker rental food service adults and kids pittsburgh area parks waterpark riders
Selected filters
Reviewed August 17, 2015 via mobile

Hot day, average crowd but lines were long... Why? Because lazy river was closed, and from what I was told, several employees went back to college. I guess the added expense of hiring 5-6 seasonal part time employees for the last two weeks cuts into their margin...disappointing and for a hefty price since 2 10 year olds are charged as adults....

1  Thank rickd1970
Melissa K, Manager at Sandcastle Water Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2015

Sandcastle welcomes our guests comments and concerns. We apologize for your frustration yesterday, but as the summer season draws closer to ending, many of our team members return to school or participate in band camps, sporting practices, etc.

While we make every effort to have as much open as possible, some attractions and food stands may be closed for portions of the day or for the entire day for these reasons.

Sandcastle not only tries to communicate this to our guests by posting it on our website and at the park entrance, but we give incentives to team members who complete the season and our continually hiring. However the reality is that as a seasonal operation approaching the end of the season, there is not too many people who are interested in going through a hiring and training process to only work a few weeks or days.

Reviewed August 17, 2015

What started as a day to take family members to a park I remember from many years ago as a really cool attraction , ended with we will never return to SandCastle again. Very disappointed in my visit to Sancastle yesterday starting with the preferred parking which was double the price of regular parking. Once we paid it was not clear where "preferred " parking was , we could not find a designated area and there were no attendants to ask. Once we walked a distance to get into the park, there were no chairs to sit on and the ones we found empty were broken and filthy like they had been sitting around all season. The lazy river was one of the reasons we went to the park, but what a disappointing experience, the line was very long and the attendants did nothing to facilitate the flow of people waiting for a float. Often times a raft would float away with no one in it because no one was guiding the process of helping people in line waiting to get a float. The lazy river ride was disgusting, bird poop lined the sides, the grass was not trimmed and weeds were everywhere. One wall that you float by was filthy and much of the pool sides are deteriorating. Trying to get food was frustrating, the staff has not interest in the customer, no greeting or hustle to wait on the long lines of customers who have no other option but to purchase the food sold. Outside food is not permitted. This was not an an enjoyable attraction.

2  Thank slamonna

Sandcastle values our guests comments and concerns. We apologize that your experience was not a favorable one. I have passed your review on to our management team. We also encourage you to please contact us directly to discuss your experience. If you choose to do so, please call 412-462-6666 x 0 to be connected to our guest relations department. I also wanted to let you know that we do allow food into Sandcastle that adheres to our food and beverage policy. This can be found on our website at sandcastlewaterpark.com.

Reviewed August 13, 2015

Sandcastle is a great local waterpark in Pittsburgh PA. It is a nice getaway for a day in the sun. I have two young boys aged 10 and 7 who are basically FISH and can't live without being in the water all summer. These are the things I love about this water park. 1) It is affordable. You can buy a season pass for $50 which offsets the daily admission cost if you come just two times during the season. I think that's a pretty good deal! 2) There are two large areas to plant yourself and hang out. While there are many times that the park gets crowded, I have never had a problem finding a place to camp out for the day with four or more people in my group. 3) Great variety of water attractions. There are two large kid areas (which adults can play in too), a wave pool, and a lazy river in addition to the varied slides. The slides themselves are quite good in my opinion with a variety of tube-requiring and "bare-butt" slides. When the park is crowded the lines can be up to 15-20 minutes which I don't think is very long compared to other amusement/water parks. 4) The lifeguards are quite responsilble and attentive which is pretty important for me being a parent. Especially in the wave pool. They generally do not put up with any shenanigans and safety comes first. Things that have limited bearing on my review: 1) Parking. It's what you might expect at any comparable large park. You have to pay a few more bucks and usually walk a little ways to the entrance. There is a "premium parking" section that you can pay a little bit more to be closer to the entrance, but it often gets sold out. I think that there is ample handicapped parking. 2) Lockers and changing rooms. You do have to pay a couple of bucks for lockers. I don't use them so it doesn't matter to me. The changing rooms in general are pretty clean. In general the only thing I don't like at the park is the consession area. Usually half of the restaurant stalls are closed, even when the park is crowded. The food in my opinion is pretty crappy and unhealthy. And the stalsl are run by tennagers who unfortunately are inefficient and the wait times in line for food is unneccesarily long. We usually bring our own food and drinks into the park with us. I hope that this helps your visit!

Date of experience: August 2015

Sandcastle welcomes our guests comments and concerns. We have passed your review on to our management team. We apologize that your experience was not a favorable one and we encourage you to call and discuss your experience with us, so we can assist you further.

Please call us at 412-462-6666 x 0. We actually do allow food into Sandcastle that adheres to our food and beverage policy that can be found on our website.

Reviewed August 5, 2015 via mobile

Several fun slides, great place for a warm, sunny day.
Feels like a rip-off as they charge extra for parking, lockers etc. etc.
and the shower / change rooms are disgusting!!
Great fun, but don't look behind the scenes...

Reviewed July 28, 2015 via mobile

Be sure to look online for deals on tickets. Went on a Monday afternoon and was really surprised how busy it was. Lines weren't too long though. We rode everything 2 or 3 times in 4 hours and spent ample time at the wave pool. There wasn't any tube rides for kids under 48" but the kids zone (Wet Willies?) and wave pool were good. NOTE OF CAUTION... If going in the summer bring flip flops because the walkways get REALLY hot. Sometimes I avoided the lines because I couldn't take the heat on the soles of my feet.

Date of experience: July 2015