“Incredible food, service and atmosphere”
Review of Smoke BBQ Taqueria - CLOSED

Smoke BBQ Taqueria
Cuisines: Southwestern
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Incredible food, service and atmosphere”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Im not a fan of the smoked meat flavor so I wasn't looking forward to this visit but I went along after being urged. I am so glad I did. What a cool place - atmosphere is casual but feels very Manhattanish. Started with chorizo cheese dip - get this - best part is the dipping tostados. Had the brisket taco and chicken apple taco - both delicious. The brisket was not overly smoky so I enjoyed it. Chicken apple taco had a sweet unique flavor. Side of mac n cheese - wow that was awesome but you must love butter. Had the special cantaloupe drink of the day which was great. Very affordable. So glad I went, will definitely go back. Small place that seems to fill up fast.

• Visited November 2013

pgh pa
“First time there”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Stopped there a few weeks back to give it a try. Heard a lot about it but my wife didn't want toTry dinner so we stopped by for lunch. I have heard that the brisket tacos are real good but they were out of brisket while I was there. Pick another choice had the Mac and cheese. It was real good and I'm not even a fan of the Mac and cheese also had the black beans and they were also good. It's BYOB but it not a problem there is a state store half a block away. Put it this way my wife wants to go back for dinner, so I would say its a keeper on the resturant list.

• Visited October 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Shhhh! My new secret go-to place.”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

What a hidden gem in the heart of the hood! Seriously! Who would have thought you could find such an ecclectic little place like this on the main ave in Homestead?! Forget the Waterfront chains and check out the place on 8th Ave right across from the Quicki-Mart or whatever it is on the main drag. It is not easy to see this place as you drive by, but certainly worth the turn around if you miss it.

Now on with the review...this place can get busy and with the 7 or 8 tables only, could become challenging to get a seat on a busy weekend night. But as mentioned earlier, so worth it! The tortillas are made freah daily as I am sure most other things are too. The tacos are AMAZING! We ordered 3 - the brisket, the chicken avocado, and the pork. All were fabulously flavored with a bit of heat to add a bit of punch. We plan to try the chicken - apple next along with the rib next visit. All 3 were delish, but the brisket took the prize for both of us.

We were also offered the special mac & cheese of the day which was the chicken enchilada mac & cheese...OMG...delish! Bubbly hot little pan of incredible comfort food can certainly be found with this dish. They have many other combos you can create with their mac & cheese which we now plan to try during future visits. Hubby said it was the best mac & cheese he has ever had...hmm! lol

We did not order the fresh made chips & queso, but plan to next visit. They looked soooo darn good as they were delivered to the surrounding tables crying out for us to try them. The duck quesadilla is also on the list to try.

Even the beverages were unique and refreshing. We both ordered the Watermelon Fresca which was a perfect compliment to the meal. BYOB if you want alcohol, but I highly recommend trying one of their unique beverage offerings, they are wonderful!

To top the meal off, we found what I believe the single most delicious piece of chocolate-peanut butter dessert I have ever had. The peanut-butter marscapone brownie - I will without a doubt crave this and be drawn to stop if even just for dessert to have one more bite of this incredible treat. Oh why did I only order one to share?

They have take out too. I am sure this will be a new lunch go-to spot once I spill the beans at the office.

Please don't go here because I want it all to myself - I'm selfish like that! :)

• Visited October 2013
Leetonia, Ohio
“Quick, juicy, and delicious!!”
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I split the max and cheese and added brisket to it, perfect size to share. It was creamy and done perfectly. Very much a comfort food and hit the spot. Had the rib taco and a pork one as well, the sauce on rib taco was so good, sweet with a little spice. Fresh tortillas are always the best! Had a kiwi agua fresca too! Mmm! Byob just so you know. Pretty small, but cozy and fun atmosphere. Great service. Also CASH ONLY. Would for sure go back!

• Visited September 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
“Great Tacos”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Like the tacos - vegetarian, ribs, and chicken. Macaroni and cheese are very filling. Apple slaw contrasts with the other dishes. BYOB - beer recommended with the spicy TexMex foods.

Visited July 2013