“Wonderful food and atmosphere”
Review of Smoke BBQ Taqueria - CLOSED

Smoke BBQ Taqueria
Cuisines: Southwestern
Reviewed June 20, 2012

The tacos are excellent, but a special note goes to the service. Finally, an outstanding service in an inexpensive restaurant. The servers were very friendly, accommodating, smiley, and knew the products. And I loved that they kept my beer (it's a BYOB) in the restaurant cooler!

Reviewed May 20, 2012

My wife and I recently dined at Smoke BBQ Taqueria in the Homestead area of Pittsburgh. This place specializes in handmade tacos and is BYOB and cash only.

Service: Very friendly, the wait staff is great. It is mildly inconvenient to be cash only though, so you can be limited depending upon how much cash on hand you have.

Food: The tacos are excellent, the hand made tortilla is the best in the area. Recommend the Wagyu and Chicken Apple tacos, both are packed full of flavor. The Mac 'N Cheese is great with a smoky flavor.

Value: Average for two people is $30 which gets 2 apps and 3 tacos, a pretty good value.

Atmosphere: Seating is extremely limited, we counted ~20 seats total, so it can be a long wait. The restaurant interior is colorful, but not much going on here.

Overall, this is a great taco place and a nice addition to the food scene here. We'll definitely go back.

Reviewed April 30, 2012

This was my second trip and it was just as great as the first one. Took some friends after I had a great experience the first time and was glad everyone enjoyed it as much as I did. I am all about tacos so I had to try as many as possible and we selected chorizo, pork, a chicken variety and brisket. While they were all good my favorite was actually the chicken with the apple-wood smoked bacon. I was surprized by this as I would have thought it would have been the pork. The chicken was very tender and the mix of flavors was just perfect. Most of the tacos sound as if they should be hot/spicy like the habanero peach but they were just right.

We had a selection of sides as well but the mac & cheese is by far my favorite. The black beans were more like a soup which I didn't expect.

There are only a few tables here and both times I have been they were full. This is a good sign but it is a little disappointing when you just want to eat the food that smells so good.

Tacos were $4 each I believe and sides maybe close to the same but I can't exactly remember. I am not 100% sure but they may only take cash. It is a BYOB place but charges a corking fee so for 2 beers that cost $4. I thought that was slightly high for beer but usually take wine to places like that so maybe it is normal.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Smoke is located not far from the Waterfront in Homestead.The tortillas are made fresh daily, and the meats are all smoked in house. Selections include tacos such as pork, chicken, ribs, brisket, veggie, and chorizo. Each type of taco has its own toppings. My favorite was the brisket which was topped with sauteed onions, hot peppers, and bbq mustard sauce. The interior is small and seating is scant. Our order was a take out order and it took about 20 minutes to receive our food. The tacos are small for the price but very flavorful. It is recommended that each person should order at least 2 tacos. Smoke is a cash only establishment and you can BYOB. It is definitely worth a trip to Homestead to experience the delicious food at Smoke.

1  Thank PensandSteelersFan
Reviewed October 19, 2011

My wife and I went there one night after shopping at the Waterfront. We decided to get a pork, chicken, ribs and brisket tacos and a couple of sides (1 slaw and 1 pinto beans). The food came out in a reasonable amount of time and the sides were in big mugs. The tacos are incredible and the sides were very generous and equally good. The sauces on the tacos put them over the top for wonderful. Your tummy will thank you for taking it to Smoke.

1  Thank Harold Kent S