“Good meal!”

LongHorn Steakhouse
Ranked #19 of 40 Restaurants in Homestead
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Good food and portions, good service, reasonable price/value, nice atmosphere, and as someone travelling a lone, it is nice to get in and out without waiting.

Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

When we first walked though the doors the floors were sticking to the bottom of my sandals. The hostess finally came up front after 15 minutes of waiting, it wasn't busy at all. Once seated the waitress was okay in the beginning but after eating our appetizers our food didn't arrive until 45 to 60 minutes later. I ask two other employees (not our waitress because she was not attentive at ALL) what was the hold up, their response was who and what did our waitress look like. Finally when the food arrived it wasn't hot or appealing so we left only paying for our drinks and appetizer.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

We dined here and were very pleased with the meal. The steaks were good as requested and even my wife who is not particularly fond of steak as a rule very much enjoyed hers. The waitress was attentive.

Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

First time back here in years. The service & food are much better than previous visit years ago. This place will be back in the eat out rotation. The staff was very helpful & friendly. The food was done as asked for by everyone.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I took my step-daughter, her fiancee and my 8 year old granddaughter here for my step-daughter's birthday.

First of all, we all love Longhorn, we usually go to the one in Robinson but we were seeing a movie at the Lowes so went to this one.

We sat down, ordered a Texas Tonion which came right away and was great. Then things went all downhill from there. We ordered our food and 3 of us got salad. 45 min later we still had not gotten our salads. Our waitress seemed to have friends there because she spent most of the time talking to them instead of waiting on her tables. We sat there and watched as others came in AFTER us and got their food already.

Finally the waitress said to us as she was finally refilling our drinks that she told the manager how long it was taking and he would be out to see us. Then she walked away without filling my drink! She filled everyone else but me! The manger came out and apologized and said our food would be out soon. Finally we got our salads. They were good too.

Then after about an hour and 15 min (which we knew because my step-daughter's fiancee got a call right as we sat down and he checked the time) our steaks came. All of them looked like they had been sitting for some time, they were luke warm and dried out. My granddaughter's chicken fingers were dried out and her fries were burnt looking and cold.

The manager came out and asked how everything was. I sort of glared at him started to say something and said fine. He said it was obvious it wasn't so we finally said well just look at everything, it's cold, dry etc. He offered to make it again and we said no we didn't want to wait another hour and he said he would give us the whole meal for free. He said some things were going on he didn't want to get into.

I only left the waitress $5 because although she was pleasant enough the fact the the food seemed to have sat while she talked to her friends was her fault and it took her forever to come with refills and then skipped mine! I had to grab her when she finally came by 15 min later and ask her for one. By rights I should have stiffed her totally but I never feel right doing that so did give her that.

We did go to the one in Robinson about a week later and had a totally different experience. Fast service, our drinks never got less than half empty, the steaks were perfect, our waitress came by about every 5 min to see if we needed anything and we were in and out in about 45 min. So not giving up on Longhorn just not going back to this one anytime soon.

Been to LongHorn Steakhouse? Share your experiences!