See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 4, 2015 via mobile

I have travelled all over the world and can honestly say this place was clean comfortable and big comfy beds.

We had two rooms and the lady on reception was polite and welcoming and told us about things in the area.

Both rooms were clean and comfortable.

It's dated yes but has a nice charm about it.

Reading bad reviews I had to check twice I was reading about the right motel as I had none of the issues others have.

My advice to anyone is ask to see the rooms before you pay.

We booked online and had no problems.

Good free and really fast WiFi.

Stayed: April 2015, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 2, 2015 via mobile

After I read the other reviews I had to write a review. My husband and I stayed here.it was a very cold night as there was a bad snow storm coming in.the lady in the office had already had the heat on in our room so it was nice and toasty.she was very kind and helpful. The room was clean and the beds were very comfortable.We had a very good experience here and would do it again.

• Stayed: February 2015
1  Thank Marybrooke77
Reviewed February 5, 2015

Our children booked this for us so we could see Moses at sight and sounds theatre. We stayed two very cold nights in one of the rooms, by cold I mean cold , we had two very small space heaters in the room to keep us warm in the middle of January near zero temperatures. The owners said they didn't want to turn the main heat on for two people, needless to say, if you like the idea of a nostalgic trip to the outhouse in the dead of winter, this is your place, by the way one of the heaters quit as soon as we got there, so we had to ask for another, the female manager brought us another promptly, and remarked it was too warm in our room, now that may be true if you were an Eskimo, but we were cold! We live in the higher elevations of WV so we're used to cold, we're also used to paying to stay warm in the winter not cold, so on that end note, definitely don't stay here in any part of the cold months. Secondly, let me say a few positive things because there were a few : first, we did'nt pay 200 a night like some did, ours was only 40, positive. The bed was very comfortable, the sheets clean, and no bugs, very positive. Our microwave worked as long as we unplugged the space heater before using. It is close to Hershy Park, about 10 minutes. In conclusion, if you're only looking for a very cheap place to stay for one night and have absolutely no other option but this one, stay home, especially in the dead of winter, because they will not turn the heat on for ya!

• Stayed: January 2015, traveled as a couple
2  Thank George J
Reviewed November 19, 2014

My wife and I wanted to do an overnight stay in Hershey. We love the area, the outlets, and the park. We wanted to save a little money on the hotel this time so we booked the Hershey Travel Inn. We did save some money on the hotel but we left saying we would never stay at a low budget hotel again. It felt like a room you would stay in when you visited your buddy's frat house on a road trip. I feel bad criticizing a company that somebody is dependent on for their lively hood but they need to do some serious renovations. If you just need a place to crash with a looking door and toilet, this is your place. But there are better options close by.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Matt P
Reviewed September 2, 2014

To call this the Bate's Motel would be giving it credit: Filthy, musty, sour, crawlers, mouldy sagging wall paneling on the ceiling in the bathroom. Had to break a large web to get in the room... carpet cira 1800s... No refund! The owners spewed into a speal as soon as we said we can't sleep there; not the first time they heard that!! We sucked it up and lucked out with a cancellation at Rodeway Inn and Suites - nice clean motel. what you'd expect for the money!

When the owners are standing behind plexi-glass upon registration in a small town motel, red flags should be raised lol...

A lit match is the only fix for this place!!!

It is disappointing that this hotel has a rating slightly less than other hotels that are soooo much better. You should have the option of ignoring things like location ( proximity to attractions, center of the city, etc. ) when the place is a DUMP... speaking of which, your view when you walk out the door of the room, is a junk yard 50 feet away... seriously!!

Mark Mac