“Family owned and adequate”
Review of Hershey Travel Inn

Hershey Travel Inn
Ranked #23 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
Reviewed July 2, 2008

Being a Hilton employee I was not immediately impressed with this small old spot...but it was cheap, clean and convenient if you are visiting Hershey for recreation. The owners are very accomodating and friendly. One warning...they WILL charge you for a no-show or late cancelation-as they should, they only have 15 rooms. All hotels have that policy anyway, it's nothing new. One HUGE plus...located next to one of the best restaraunts we have ever been to (What If...). If you don't choose this hotel make sure you make a reservation for the restaraunt!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 25, 2008

This people charged me FULL FARE because I cancelled the same date I was supposed to arrive.

I know this is a policy but I contacted them 12 hours before I was to arrive and I know for a fact that they still had available rooms. ...I was not damaging their business.

If this is how they want to stay in business it is not going to be mine!

Stayed: April 2008
3  Thank MarioC
Reviewed August 15, 2007

We were traveling from New Jersey to Ohio & needed a place to stay for the night-just to sleep then get up & go in the morning. So, you would think it wouldn't matter as long as there was a bed, but I can't believe what we paid for such a tiny room! The place looks nice from the outside & each of the separate units has its own little "porch area" with two chairs so we felt it would be okay to stay in for the night. My husband asked right away about a.c. due to my asthma & we didnt see any units. The desk clerk was nice. He said yes & also told us all of the rooms had a fridge & microwave. We paid $110 for the night & went to our room. Our room was so small it barely held a full-sized bed, one nightstand, a small fridge/micro in one corner & tv in the other. The tv reception was snowy. The room did have a wall a.c. unit, but it did not go into the bathroom at all so it was very stuffy. There was no shower head on the shower & it was dirty. The room had an odor despite being non-smoking & the pillows were old & worn. The pillow cases had something like pieces of tissue on them-possibly lint, but not sure. I was afraid I would see cockroaches or get lice from those old,dirty pillows & barely slept at all...would never return.

3  Thank ohiotraveler73
Reviewed September 25, 2006

The first time we stayed at the Hershey Travel Inn was for 2 nights in August 2004. We just saw it from a list in AAA's Tourbook and we had no idea how the place looked like. We booked the place just the same mainly because it was affordable and just a mile from Hershey Park. Honestly, we didn't expect a lot from the place...just don't want to keep our expectations too high. But when we got there we were not disappointed at all. We really got our money's worth. The place was clean, had a ref & microwave, and was indeed very close to the attractions at Hershey. So, when we decided to go back to the "sweetest place on earth", we already knew where to stay. Last weekend, we were booked in two rooms, with one room having a kitchenette. This time we were able to save even more because we were able to cook food. Two years after, we still find the place clean and very affordable. They were also very accommodating, even letting us check-in earlier.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with family
6  Thank dpgy
Reviewed August 20, 2006

There was black mold on our shower curtain, mold on the ceiling, hair on the bath room floor, the shower was filthy with foot prints and lines of dirt on the walls, and worst of all dried blood on the underside of our coverlet on our bed.
On a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 the highest, I rate this a zero.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank clotho68
Reviewed July 16, 2005

Extremely small room with 2 beds; bathroom also VERY small. Had an odor to the room, but wasn't unbearable. People were friendly enough, but wouldn't waste my money there again.

4  Thank momof2gr8kids
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 30, 2005

no in room phone, no towels, very nasty and dirty!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2005