“Terrible place, worst part of our trip to Hershey!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hershey Travel Inn

Hershey Travel Inn
Ranked #22 of 24 Hotels in Hershey
“Terrible place, worst part of our trip to Hershey!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We had to make last minute reservations as all other hotels we tried were fully booked. Beds were moldy, uncomfortable. Bathroom felt like we'd fall through the floor any minute. Not to mention no hot water. The toaster had some strange food stuck in it. Toiletteries and towels looked unclean. I got some kind of bugbites. Please do yourself a favor and sleep in your car if you have to. This is the worst place I've stayed at in all my travelling years. I didn't even bother complaining to the manager after reading all the other reviews about their terrible hospitality.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
10 Thank Grinzz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Trooper, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

My family and I stayed here in July as my daughter took part in the Nationals dance competition and it was 5 mins from Hershey Theater and Hershey park. we were immediately disappointed at the property but told ourselves it was just for 2 nights! The worse 2 nights of our lives!!! First off, the owner stank! we had to hold our noses and turn away when talking to him! Then we entered the room, had all intentions of cooking to make it cost effective for us, the microwave was filthy, ground beef and other splattered foods were all inside ! The stove top was also very dirty and the pots were not cleaned!!! Though they were inside the cabinets, there was food stuck on the bottoms of them. The nightmare just got worse and worse , we then saw bugs in the room, sheets were dirty and the room was moldy. When we approached the owner's wife she became very irate and asked why we didn't leave stating that there are many other places in the area! We were stuck.....as we couldn't get a refund!!!! To make matters worse...as if they could any worse! On the day of checkout we got a phone call from the owner's wife telling my daughter who answered that if we didn't get out immediately they were going to charge for an extra night! What a nerve! We were not late in checking out we still had 5 mins left. Well we couldn't wait to get the hell out of there!! We went to the office and the wife was very nasty and hostile, screaming....in no way apologetic. My daughters were very upset and almost tearful! PLEASEEEEEEEEEE BEWARE!!!!!! NEVER STAY AT THIS PLACE YOU WILL REGRET IT!!!! Our biggest mistake apart form falling prey to the pics online and the hospitality the owner showed over the phone when we booked, was not taking pics of the condition of this place. BE WARNED!!!! This place needs to be shut down!

DISAPPOINTED AND DISGUSTED PA FAMILY

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
12 Thank Peaceout2610

Travelers are raving about these Hershey hotels

Yorktown Heights, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

The second we walked into our room we checked the beds and found bed bugs in the mattress we immediately went to the office and told the manager who was a very nasty jerk and said we were liars and the place is clean and has no bugs and then slammed the office door in my face. .... the place is a dump and the pics are not accurate at all. is infested with bugs! STAY AWAY FROM THIS DUMP

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
9 Thank newyorkgurl3892
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

An OK hotel. Service is good but I would like them To renovate the motel. Until they do so, DO NOT come here unless you want your whOle body FULL of bug bites.

• Stayed May 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars
5 Thank Poopooyay
hyde park new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2011

when i was booked out at hershey lodge i had to look for a place to stay with my family i came across this place only 1 mile away and i got great rates and each year i book 1 year in advance to keep great rates, last year it rained most of my trip and i needed to stay 2 extra nights to use up my passes and they had no space left so they gave me the effeciency apartment with stove and 2 bedrooms for the same price i paid for the small room downstairs. they have always been friendly to me and will haggle on prices if needed. ill always stay here each vacation.

Room Tip: tell them what u can afford for a combo of nights.
  • Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank binkydaddy127
Toledo, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

We arrived in Hershey on our first day of vacation. The smell of the town is just simply to die for. I was excited to spend the day here. We arrived about noon and visited some attractions before checking into our room. The employee was extremely nice and helpful. I was kind of excited to see the room. Opened the door and was just plain sadden. I paid $74 to stay the night in this room, and clearly this was maybe a $20 a night room.

The bathroom was very small and dirty. There was even a bullet hole or a rock hole in our bathroom window. The room had a stale oder to it. And the heater was only a tiny thing on the table. There was a note on the microwave that said to unplug the heater before using the microwave. Scary!! I refused to sleep underneath the covers because I couldn't imagine what I would find under there. We were awoken at four in the morning by talking outside of our room. The walls must be very thin.

This hotel is in a great location for activity in Hershey. But I can promise I will not be staying here again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Bonadebi
PriscillyGirl
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2010

I stayed at this hotel with my husband after a family trip and the next morning we woke up with bed bug bites. I also did not feel safe there. It's true that they have a good low price but it's not worth it at all.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple