All reviewsindoor poolhershey parkwaffle makerroom was cleanbagelswould stay here againqueen bedthe free continental breakfastno elevatorwe've stayedfresh fruitrodewayattractionslobbykidsmicrowavesink
Reviewed September 20, 2017

My husband and planned weekend get away. I reserved a king room that also had a double bed and once we arrived they explained they'd over booked and that we'd stay in a room with 2 doubles for the night and be moved to our paid for and reserved king room in the morning. So my husband and I slept in separate beds because there isn't much room for 2 grown adults in a double.. The next morning we were told "good news" you can keep that double room! I explained I'd rather move because I feel like a summer camp kid.. I explained to them I paid for a king room because I wanted a king bed.. There wasn't much they were willing to do. I asked for a discount because I was down graded and didn't feel I should pay full price for less of a room, my original room was a king and double, I was given 2 doubles.. When checking out, I asked again and was told the manager was in tomorrow and would take care of it. I was charged full price and I find that annoying. The location was great though. Customer service, not so much...

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank c0urtneyk86
Reviewed August 30, 2017

Although it isn't far from Hershey Park, this isn't an ideal place to stay. It is clean but that's where the good stuff ends. It's old with signs of rust, chipped paint and not really worth the cost. The free breakfast was stale bagels. Just location is a plus.

Room Tip: 2 floors..if you don't want to hear footsteps above (or kids running) take the top.
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank dittey
Reviewed August 13, 2017

Originally called Roadway Inn, now called Simplicity Inn -
which is the perfect name for it.
This is a gem-in-the-rough. Nestled a block into a residential neighborhood 5 minutes from Hershey Park, Indian Echo caverns, and miniature golf and 3 blocks from many eateries I was bringing 5 teenage girls to Hershey Park,and looking for reasonable a place that would sleep 6,and in my budget for 2 nights stay. We booked the room that had 2 queenbeds and a double bed, with kitchenette - perfect price and accommodations for our needs. The indoor pool was helpful as we had some rainy periods for a late evening swim for the girls. Breakfast had an array of juices,2 cereals, bagels and cream cheese, packaged danishes and, waffles you make for your self (good batter too). Coffee machine made good coffee. There was only apples for fruit,
but , breakfast out for 6 of us for 2 days would have cost about
$100.00 plus time and ,we had no room in the car to bring it with us. We were able to use the kitchenette refridge for
our late night foods an reheats in the microwave, and play cards etc.
Rooms seem to be reasonably -well insulated from other patrons.
The place filled up with patrons, with ample parking and food for breakfast.
Although we all slept well with no complaints,
if they upgrade the mattresses, I think they would benefit from that.
Our shower could use draino - but not a disaster. Things were clean
and met our needs.
Just be prepared to add your 11% PA tax and Dauphin County Occupancy tax on checkout. I have no pictures to share, busy with 6 girls doing what we came to do. the hotel helped make it a good comfortable place to stay. Staff was friendly and accommodating when we asked for extra towels as well.* (I see other reviews on other sites- and I see its not the same hotel /address ,So be aware of that. Maybe it was from the same franchise and they wrote the wrong location.)Oh, there is a small park within walking distance, were they had a small music concert by local musicians. If the weather were better those nights we might have brought our beach towels to sit and enjoy.

Room Tip: our room was 217, 2nd floor, narrow stair case to door. A 'bird house.' house feel to it..
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2017

We used this hotel back in the summer of 2011 and so this review will be based on our past experience. I don't know if the management has changed or if things have improved since our last and final stay. We arrived around midnight/past midnight and we were just happy to have an economical place to stay while visiting Hershey. We were greeted by very accommodating staff (I think they were the owners too). The room seemed very clean and had a very fresh smelling scent (in fact it was too much!). That same night I had nightmares of bugs crawling on my legs and had a hard time sleeping. I didn't think much of it at all. We were in and out of the hotel as we spent most of our days at Hershey Park. On our last day, as we were getting ready to leave we saw hundreds of baby cockroaches everywhere. We informed the owners/staff and they acknowledged that they were aware and that they had already fumigated the room prior to our arrival. They offered no refunds whatsoever for our disgusting room. Unless you want to sleep with roaches I wouldn't stay here!

• Stayed: August 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2017 via mobile

Honestly, I didn't have high expectations for this property. The exterior appearance isn't great, and the taped-off exterior staircase in need of repair is a little off-putting.

That said, it's a family-run Rodeway Inn franchise. The GM is very friendly and helpful. The staff (we only interacted with Greta) was as helpful as any 4-star chain hotel, and the price was the lowest we found on short notice.

Let's be honest, this is NOT a top-tier hotel.

What it is is a decent, clean but very dated motor inn. You access the room from an exterior hallway. The room was clean, from the bedding to the bathroom.

Overall, some updating is in order, but if you're looking for a decent room at a reasonable price, close to all of the attractions, this place hits the marks.

Good job, folks!