“Great hidden gem near Hershey attractions!”

Rodeway Inn & Suites
Ranked #15 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
Temple, Pa
“Great hidden gem near Hershey attractions!”
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

When we first pulled in my first impression was the outside looked older. The lobby is a seperate building from the rooms. Upon checking in the gentleman at the counter was very tentative and full of info. He told us the continental breakfast was upstairs above the lobby until 10 am and that the indoor pool was heated. The pool is in the same building as the lobby. He did state the lobby was open until 10pm but that he was on the property 24 hours a day. He walked us to our room #216.
To enter the room we had to go up about 12 steps. The room had no odors. We reserved a room with a king and double bed. There was a flat screen tv, full size refrigerator, microwave, sink and a few dishes. The bathroom was clean and had plenty of hot water and great water pressure in the shower. The room was a great value in my opinion. I also felt it was in a safe area. It sits in the middle of a residential neighborhood.

The continental breakfast was good. There were 3 types of cereals, different pastries, bagels, waffle maker, juices and coffee. He even left us in to eat when we were running late on check out day.

The pool was a nice feature for an inn of this price. There were towels avaliable. I'm not sure it was heated to 80 like we were told but my daughter enjoyed it. It was open until 10pm.

We had a minor snowstorm and they kept the sidewalks clear. They even shoveled a path to and around my car which was appreciated!

Overall for the location and price I believe its a great place to stay.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Ashntorsmom
funlover11, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 9, 2014

rodeway inn & suites

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Bad service and disappointed breakfast. will never recommend staying here. Lobby is closed at 10 pm. It is close to attractions. Choice needs to review their franchise. Low rate but I would not mind paying $10 more but having better service as Choice has a good band on the market.

• Stayed December 2013
3 Thank Networker123

rodeway inn & suites

Travelers are raving about these Hershey hotels

State College, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Booking the hotel was no problem, but the website failed to notify me that you had to be 21 years of age to check in when you arrived. I proceeded through personal information, payment, and eventually hitting submit. I received a confirmation email, saying that my reservation was accepted. My friend and I entered the hotel after driving two hours, and we were clearly ignored by the receptionist as I gave her my last name. Never making eye contact, she glanced at my driver's license and then told me I have to be 21 years of age to legally check in. She explained to me the legal concerns with allowing us to check in, but offered to double check with her boss. After hanging up with her boss, she finally made eye contact with me and laughed at my driver's license, asking if this was a prank and if our parents were going to be walking through the door shortly. She proceeded to make the comment worse by telling me that I didn't even look 18 and if I even tried to, no one would ever believe me. Frustrated by the situation, my friend and I got back on the road and headed home, confused and offended. Upon returning home, I called the hotel back, asking to cancel the reservations made for that evening. When the same lady at the front desk greeted me, I said I had been there earlier and I wanted to cancel our room. She interrupted me mid-sentence, saying, "Oh, it's you." She went on to say, "I emailed you the cancel confirmation, so you could have checked your email before calling me."

Overall, our experience was frustrating because we made the reservation, and it was approved. We were not informed about the age limit until after we had driven 2 hours. The service was poor, as she made rude comments to me about my age and my judgement of who I was and my motives for what I was doing. If you want good service, don't go here because that's the opposite of what you will receive.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Danielle M

NJ
Reviewed November 30, 2013

My daughter and I arrived to check in at 3pm the day after Thanksgiving. I had reserved a suite with a King and 2 doubles using points. We just wanted to get our room key since we would be returning late that night with the rest of the family. The person at the front desk looked up our reservation, said "Uh oh" and disappeared into the back for 10 minutes. When he finally returned, he said our room wasn't ready and we'd have to wait 20 minutes for it to be cleaned. We asked for our keys and said we'd be back later. When we returned, it was after 10 and the office was closed. We went up to the room and knew immediately that this was not the room we reserved - there were 2 doubles in one room and in the other was a bed that barely qualified as a queen - it was 59" across and the doubles that my kids used were 56" across. No King. Kings usually measure 75 inches across - my husband's a big guy and we need the extra space. This was room 224. They must have given away the suite with the king to someone not using points. Since the office was closed we decided to make the best of it. The room was clean enough but seemed worn. The pool did not look like the pictures and my kids did not want to use it. Breakfast in the morning did not start until 7:30 - much too late for us. We won't be returning to this place.

1 Thank Jjanet46
funlover11, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Our check in time is 2 p m. guest arrived @ 1;20 pm that's why room was not ready. our
breakfast time is 7;30 a m to 10;00 am. we offered guest to have breakfast ready by 6;00 am.
which was refused by the guest. king & 2 double which we have only one room in that type, was out of order so we gave queen & 2 double which also is a suite.
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Owners and staff were friendly and helpful. It is close to attractions but in a quaint neighborhood. We stayed in the two-bedroom suite, which was private and a heck of a deal. Rooms were clean and fairly updated. We would definitely return if in the area.

NY
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I stayed here with my family this past weekend and I was very impressed. The hosts are friendly and very professional, the property is well maintained, rooms are very spacious and clean, there was even a continental breakfast. The service was great! This motel is in close proximity to the park, outlets and good restaurants. I plan on taking my kids to breakfast with Santa at Hershey in the coming weeks and I am definitely going to be staying here again. Thank you Kelly and Nigel for making our stay so wonderful.
M. Lopez , NY

1 Thank RMLopez2013
funlover11, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 15, 2013

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 2, 2013

The Rodeway Inn lived up to all the positive reviews that I read before booking. Our rooms were clean and fresh. Kelly and staff provided excellent customer service above and beyond. Should I need to book again in this area, I would call here first!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
funlover11, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 4, 2013

Kind Regards,