“Not satisfied for the money payed”

Simplicity Inn Hershey
Ranked #17 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I have never written a review on a hotel but I felt I needed to this time because I had a bad experience here. I wanted to stay close to Hershey but not spend a ton of money on a hotel. That was a mistake because my 13 year old niece and 11 year old son did not even want to use the pool it was small and not attractive. The room was old and had a terrrible musty smell that caused my son's asthma to kick in. I thought I was going to have to check out if he did not stop coughing. I know it was the room because he was fine once we went outside. The pipes for the shower were old. When someone above you showered you heard everything. The breakfast was nothing to brag about. When I used the waffle maker it blew a fuse if that tells you anything. The coffee was not piping hot and when I put the creamer in it it spoiled. When I checked out and was asked how I enjoyed my stay I told him what had happened and how the smell was bad even in the lobby. He said the rugs were two years old. He apologized and gave me $50.00 off my bill but that did not make up for the stress I went through. I do not recommend this hotel. Spend the extra money and enjoy your stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank racersedge43
funlover11, General Manager at Simplicity Inn Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

we have 14 items in the breakfast. including fresh fruits, eggs etc...
if fuse blew off that's not human mistake. we are almost full every day in the month of august
and our rooms are cleaned every day. up on arrival of every guest we ask them about every thing ok in the room. if it was smelly or musty they could have told us we would have gladly changed their room. again at the time of the check out we ask to all our guests about their stay. and we did refund $ 50 to this guest., they were satisfied at that time.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

We, myself, my mother, and my 2 granddaughters, ages 5 & 7, recently stayed at this hotel. It is close to the Hershey attractions, and many restaurants. The room was spacious and clean. The girls enjoyed the indoor pool after a hot day at the Hershey attractions. The breakfast was good. The girls loved making their own waffles. It was great that we were able to check in early, because one of my granddaughters became ill while driving from NJ. It gave us the opportunity to freshen up before we went to the attractions. We would recommend this hotel to others. We will stay here again on our next visit to Hershey.

Room Tip: If you have alot to carry request a downstairs room.
2  Thank Donna A
funlover11, General Manager at Simplicity Inn Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Reviewed July 20, 2013

This hotel is only a mile from the park. It is indeed walkable. There are a variety of rooms available. We had an upstairs room with 2 queen beds and one full. We had a kitchenette with a full size fridge. It was great for keeping cold drinks when we returned from the park and concert later that night. Pool was a little cold but clean. Towels were available. Breakfast was nothing to brag about, but it is included.
The room was clean and air worked fine. Kids stayed longer in the park than me...and it was easy to drive over and pick them up. Same for the concert that night.

Room Tip: Get a second story room.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

My family stayed it this hotel which is just a mile from Hershey Park. It is a quaint older hotel that is in the center of a residential neighborhood. We were staying on a Friday and Saturday to catch both the park and the Dave Matthews Concert. The clerk, Peter was very pleasant and even shown me a shortcut to the park! Since we had 6 people we got the two room suite with full kitchen. Even though this is an older hotel the room was very clean. The room was kept very cool by window AC units which did a great job in the 90 degree heat. Nice Flat screen TV, Quick internet and clean beds. Closet door was broken but would close. Very quiet, beautiful neighborhood, and close to restaurants, (try "Your Place Tavern"). Got up too late for breakfast, cozy parking lot. Felt very safe. Would recommend.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Took my family to Hershey Park and really liked this hotel. It was simple but comfortable, quiet and clean and definitely a good value for the money. There was a small indoor heated pool which my children enjoyed and a nice continental breakfast. My children enjoyed making their own waffles. Best of all, it was very close (1 mile maybe) to Hershey Park so we took a break from the park for two hours and swam, showered and ordered pizza before returning to the park until closing time. I would stay here again.

1  Thank Travelmom707

rodeway inn & suits

Reviewed July 8, 2013

The advantages: very close to Hershey Park, Outlet shopping, restaurants etc, friendly staff...Hotel room was for the most part, clean and big enough for 6 people however, outdated and in need of lots of repairs at almost $300 per night. Cabinets would fall off if opened, closet doors missing, door would close but not lock to name a few. We had the breakfast one morning that was it, nothing to write home about. The kids wouldn't use the indoor pool and our room had some bad smells....overall it was just a place to lay our heads and we didn't spend much time there. It was okay but not for that price.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor. Once inside the room you were in the master bedroom, then the kitche...
1  Thank mtlkvm

this guest stayed in the one bed room suite with full kitchen and dinning table etc....
they said that room was clean enough. if mentioned about closet it could have been fixed.
in the summer time price for that room can be higher. hotel rooms were renovated only 2 years back.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

the front desk clerk was so helpfull, very nice property and nice rooms the breakfast was excellent
only half mile away from hershey park. also indoor pool. the rooms were spotless i was just so happy with my stay

1  Thank amit p