All reviewsindoor poolhershey parkwaffle makerroom was cleanbagelswould stay here againqueen bedthe free continental breakfastno elevatorwe've stayedfresh fruitrodewayattractionslobbykidsmicrowavesink
Reviewed November 12, 2012

The Location is great, the place is clean enough and the beds are ok..
The problem is if you are on a 1st floor you every step if someone is in the room upstairs.. annoying and noisy when you are trying to go to sleep..
The window need better drapes to keep the light out in the morning.
Also can hear people talking outside when they walk by.

This is my second review on hotels that are noisy.. What are they making the walls out of these days.. When you pay to stay somewhere you expect to be able to sleep...

Room Tip: If you want a good location and don't want to sleep alot because of noise, then ok.. Ask for a room on the second floor.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
funlover11, General Manager at Simplicity Inn Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Very nice owners. They were there late at night to check people in for Farm Aid Concert and first thing in the morning to make sure everything was ok. Rooms were great value on Expedia. Very large suite with microwave and refrigerator and mini kitchen. Didn't use indoor pool but it looked nice. Quiet neighborhood and within walking distance of downtown and less than a mile from parks. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: If you can afford to upgrade, get the family suite with two doubles and a queen.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank nkAverillPark

rodeway inn & suits

Reviewed September 19, 2012

Great stay. Basic hotel, good value for the money. Room was extremely clean. Owners were very nice and helpful. Indoor pool was a little chilly, but the kids got use to it. Breakfast was great. Very close to Hershey. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank njfamily_12

rodeway inn & suits

Reviewed September 13, 2012

We stayed with an extended family and took two rooms. One room had an overflowing toilet. As we were falling asleep, my six year old daughter says, "It smells like the petting zoo in here." That about sums it up.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Steve B

Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests.
toilet overflowed b'coz it was filled with toilet tissues. two whole rolls were dumped in it.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

I stayed here because I was working a trade show all weekend. It's very close to Hersheypark, but there isn't any curb appeal to this hotel at all. It's hidden in a residential area. Upon entering the lobby, there was a sign that said to pick up the phone over by the computer to call for assistance. I attempted to call several times but was met with a busy signal. I waited about 10 minutes and another couple came along and tried and finally got someone on the phone and someone finally came to the desk.

The staff was friendly enough, but when I asked about the high speed wireless Internet, they were unable to help. I am able to use it at any other location that is public, including doing so earlier that day, and yet the lady kept telling me it must be my computer. I went elsewhere to use public wifi so I could complete my work, without issues, so it's not my computer that has the problem with the wifi. She told me that the owner has some special security on it. Not helpful if you can't use it at all!

Inside my room, the security chain was broken off, leaving me without a way to secure my door other than the turn lock. The side chair had a rip in the arm, the bathroom looked old and the tub had paint missing in areas, the sheets had a few little holes and the room smelled damp, nearing moldy.

There is also a sink hole at the exit where you must go to drive out, so be careful. The place is in some serious need of renovation.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business