“"It smells like the petting zoo"”

Rodeway Inn & Suites
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Hershey
Cutchogue, New York
“"It smells like the petting zoo"”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

We stayed with an extended family and took two rooms. One room had an overflowing toilet. As we were falling asleep, my six year old daughter says, "It smells like the petting zoo in here." That about sums it up.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Steve B
funlover11, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 15, 2013

Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests.
toilet overflowed b'coz it was filled with toilet tissues. two whole rolls were dumped in it.

rodeway inn & suites

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Easton, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

I stayed here because I was working a trade show all weekend. It's very close to Hersheypark, but there isn't any curb appeal to this hotel at all. It's hidden in a residential area. Upon entering the lobby, there was a sign that said to pick up the phone over by the computer to call for assistance. I attempted to call several times but was met with a busy signal. I waited about 10 minutes and another couple came along and tried and finally got someone on the phone and someone finally came to the desk.

The staff was friendly enough, but when I asked about the high speed wireless Internet, they were unable to help. I am able to use it at any other location that is public, including doing so earlier that day, and yet the lady kept telling me it must be my computer. I went elsewhere to use public wifi so I could complete my work, without issues, so it's not my computer that has the problem with the wifi. She told me that the owner has some special security on it. Not helpful if you can't use it at all!

Inside my room, the security chain was broken off, leaving me without a way to secure my door other than the turn lock. The side chair had a rip in the arm, the bathroom looked old and the tub had paint missing in areas, the sheets had a few little holes and the room smelled damp, nearing moldy.

There is also a sink hole at the exit where you must go to drive out, so be careful. The place is in some serious need of renovation.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Long Island, NY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

"tucked away" in a neighborhood I drove up to this hotel in a construction zone. The hotel has absolutely no curb appeal. The pool located off the "lobby" check in area wad tiny and looked dirty. Even my 8 year old said it looked gross. As I walked up a flight of stairs with my heavy suitcase there were dirty socks and a couch that was nasty. The room itself looked clean but the desk chair had crumbs and the bedspread was stained. It looked like they tried to update the room but the bathroom was dark w only one light working. Looked like some of the patrons lived at the hotel too Attendant at desk gave us wrong directions to Hershey park. Sent us to chocolate world parking which was twice as expensive. Breakfast was in a dingy second floor space. Dishes and silverware were mismatched and cheap making us feel we were eating in someone's gross kitchen. The food was basic and cheap. We rushed out if there as soon as we could. You get what you pay for. Never again.

• Stayed August 2012

Travelers are raving about these Hershey hotels

Staten Island, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

This place in perfect in terms of proximity to Hershey Park but you cannot walk there. If you just need a place to shower and lay your head for the night, this place will do the trick. The towels and sheets were clean however; the bedspreads were not. The beds were comfortable but we found dirty socks and an ace bandage under the bed. The refrigerator was very old but it worked. The air conditioning worked well. The place is fairly clean but try not to touch anything. LOL

The lock on the door was broken and we had to be moved to a smaller room (same amount of beds). No apologies and no discounts. The manager was polite and offered to help but his female assistant kept rolling her eyes when we asked for another room due to the broken lock. She lacked personality and was rude.

The pool smelled clean but upon further inspection the water was very cloudy and had a greasy film on the water's surface. Do not recommend swimming in it.

The breakfast was decent but get there early. They tend to run out of things after 9 am.

The place was a little rundown but you get what you pay for.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Yaya731

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

My family and I stayed at this motel back in July 2003 for one night to go to Hershey park the next day. I was only 12 at the time so I don't really remember, but the motel was a dump! It looked old and the rooms were nasty looking and very small. But I liked it for one reason: to change scenery of your own home

• Stayed July 2012
Hershey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

My wife and I stayed 3 nights, we found a problem with the room we booked on the 2nd day.
Without blinking an eye, the management moved us to a BIGGER better room at no additional cost. Staff was always helpful and chipper.
Will book again if staying in the Hershey area!
Thanks!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Ozone Park, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

My husband and I and our 2 children (7 and 2) just returned from a two night stay here. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. I had booked this hotel because everything I wanted in the area was sold out and we along with some friends were going to Hershey Park for the Weekend. The room we had was great - 2 Queen beds and a double bed with a kitchenette, refrigerator and table with four chairs. Perfect for us. We had plenty of room and the room was clean and well maintained. The pool was also nice. Water was warm and the kids loved going for a swim after we went to the park. The staff was very helpful with getting us more pillows and giving us suggestions on where to eat. The best part is it is five minutes to the park. This was a great find and we will be staying here agian.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family