All reviews residential neighborhood indoor pool double bed hershey park waffle maker bagels room was clean within walking distance no elevator rodeway attractions kitchenette concert sink
Reviewed April 10, 2012

This is not your typical hotel, it is family owned and they do go out of there way. The hotel is not new and does show some age but is clean, breakfast is good and the pool is very nice. I especially like that they have multiple rooms with 3 beds for larger groups so you dont need to get 2 rooms.

Room tip: all the rooms are nice
Date of stay: April 2012
Reviewed January 29, 2012

We got there early and they were able to get us in to our rooms earlier than scheduled. Rooms very clean, and a decent size. The continental breakfast was really good. The swimming pool was a fun place to relax..Staffing was great. Really close to all parks. Definitely will be going back again..

Date of stay: May 2011
Reviewed January 20, 2012

Smelly and old room condition. Terrible staff service. Avoid at all cost.

Date of stay: December 2011
2  Thank Lisa s
Reviewed January 17, 2012

My husband and I booked a room for 1 night in December online thru Choice Hotels. It did not state on the website at all that you had to pay via credit card unless you wanted to give them a $100.00 cash deposit. We should up to check in and the lobby was dirty, we had to wait on someone to come downstairs to help us, and once he did arrive he was very rude. He told us how much we would owe and I said ok I would like to pay in cash. He said no debit or credit card only. I explained to him that I could not do that as I had all of my money with me expecting to pay in cash. I proceeded to tell him that I would only pay in cash and he said fine you will have to give me a $100.00 cash deposit. I have never in all of my travels heard of a hotel requiring a $100 deposit. I have heard of $50 deposits and credit cards for incidentals but not this. So, I told the rude guy that he could cancel my reservation and that we would be taking our business elsewhere and would never be recommending his hotel to anyone. After we had left and I had time to cool off, I called back and asked for a cancellation number to have proof incase he would try to charge my card and he said you don't need a number and was very rude. Needless to say I hung up on him. This was the worst experience and customer service I have ever experienced at a hotel and I have stayed at too many to count. Just ridiculous and uncalled for.

Room tip: Don't choose one at all.
Date of stay: December 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Miranda H
Reviewed January 16, 2012

I stayed here for a night when attending a concert in Hershey. Based on the price, I wasn't expecting anything fantastic. The rooms were equivalent to the price. They were pretty clean, there was a flat screen tv, fridge & microwave. It was a little dark/musty, but not as bad as others made it out to be. The beds were not overly comfortable, but I wasn't expecting them to be...The location was great -- a close drive to the GIANT center, where the concert was held.
My main issue was with the extremely loud pipes that were banging all morning long. They woke me up numerous times. When I say loud, I mean extremely loud -- sounded like construction right in my room. For this reason, I'd opt to stay at a newer hotel and pay a little more money. If you're on a tight budget and don't mind loud pipes waking you up, the hotel is fine for a short stay.

Date of stay: January 2012