All reviewsduck pondwafflesindoor poolgold's gymhome friesroom was cleanhershey attractionsbob evansthe breakfast areawould stay againhot breakfastqueen bedmake your ownkids loved the poolgiant centerchocolate worldlocal attractions
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Very nice and clean. the manager John Montgomery was so kind, as my wife and daughters are traveling to Malai Africa on a missions trip, I asked for a donation of soap for the widows program and he was gracious to make a generous donation.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded June 29, 2012

Thank you for staying with us and for your kind comments.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

This hotel was perfect for families who want to stay on a budget while going to the park. The breakfast was great and the staff was friendly and helpful. My children loved visiting the ducks. The park is very close to the hotel. With our AAA discount we received a 5 lb Hershey Bar at check in. We had an awesome time!

Management response:Responded June 30, 2012

Thanks for your review. Please join us again soon!

Reviewed June 23, 2012

We had a fantastic time and the location was very convenient, as it was close to the theme park. Very nice

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

Thank you for your review! Join us again soon!

Reviewed June 21, 2012

Just returned from a 2 night stayed at this Comfort Inn. The staff was incredibly pleasant and friendly. Kaitlyn, at check-in, made sure that our room was away from some of the bigger groups staying at the hotel (there was some kind of sports tournament going on), and Kelly could not have been nicer when she came to close up the pool at 11 pm. The hotel was perfect for us. The room was very clean; the only thing we lacked was a minifridge. ( I think some rooms might have them, but you'd have to ask.) The beds were comfortable; the mattresses seemed new and clean and were encased in a covering (the bedbug thing really freaks me out...but I saw NO SIGNS of anything!). The A/C unit worked nicely and was not overly noisy. You could of course hear it cycle on and off, but it was not bothersome. The pool was heated, the pool area was clean, and it stays open till 11 pm. Very nice after a long day at Hershey Park! The breakfast buffet had make-your-own plain and chocolate waffles (a big hit!) and 4 waffle irons so wait-time was a non-issue. There was also scrambled eggs, sausage, potatoes, cold cereals and instant hot cereal, yogurt, toast, english muffins, danishes, and donuts. Coffee, tea, milk, juice. Great for a family with kids...it pretty much catered to everybody's different tastes. Could have used some more fresh fruit options though. Even though there were some large groups there when we were, we had no difficulties with wait time, seating, or food shortages at breakfast. Somehow it all worked! About 5 minutes from Hershey Park, and right in the neighborhood with Applebees, Panera's, and KMart (great for when you forget those last-minute items!). A very nice stay.

Room Tip: Ask about a minifridge if it's important to you. Ask to stay away from any large groups.
Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

Thanks for the great review. We hope you visit again soon!

Reviewed June 20, 2012

Stayed here for an overnight trip to Hershey Park. Used AAA for a discount. The pool was nice and not deep! My two boys enjoyed it. The room was above average. The beds were nice. We were almost exhausted from a day at Hershey Park so I"m assuming the beds were nice. The ac was good. The staff were courteous and polite. Be aware that restaurants close at 10 pm during the week. If you have a family and will be getting back late from Hershey Park thinking you might order carry out forget it. We were forced to get something from McDonalds! :( My only complaint was the breakfast. The staff at the breakfast were very nice and attentive BUT the waffles were rubbery and we couldn't cut them with a knife! Both of my boys love waffles and both of them said they were the worst they've ever tried to eat. Tastless and chewy. I look around and saw people leaving what was left of their waffles on their plates. Everything else about breakfast was average. Sausage and home fries were okay. But cereal was plentiful, muffins and such were well supplied. I tipped the hostess and she looked so surprised! C'mon people tip these workers even if the food is average. Keep in mind, after saying all of this, that if you went out to eat breakfast with a family of 4 you would be spending a small fortune. Would I stay here again, probably, not too many hotels with a pool but I might look around. Oh...great access to Hershey Park but most everything is. The room was clean when we arrived.

Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

Thank you for your kind comments. I will check our waffle batter recipe to make sure we are mixing everything properly. Join us again soon when you can!