“Clean, friendly staff, unlimited breakfast buffet = wonderful stay”

Comfort Inn at the Park
Ranked #9 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
Ringwood, New Jersey
“Clean, friendly staff, unlimited breakfast buffet = wonderful stay”
Reviewed June 28, 2011

The front desk staff were very friendly and inviting. The pool was warm, clean and pretty. The hotel was spotless. The breakfast was much more than any ordinary complimentary breakfast. It was almost like a buffet. The rooms were very clean, the hotel had a beautiful fountain to invite you in warmly. Overall, we loved our stay! Definitely coming back next year!

1 Thank biskuptrips

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Hershey, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 25, 2011

I've stayed several times and have no complaints. Maybe work on being even cleaner?

• Stayed April 2011
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed June 19, 2011

This hotel was just pperfect. We checked in, drove 2 minutes to Chocolate World and just stayed for night. Clean, comfy, inexpensive, close to all attractions and good free continental breakfast. They also have an indoor pool which we took advantage of.

I highly recommend staying here!

2 Thank my2boys99
East Coast
Reviewed June 19, 2011

We stayed here for a few nights on our recent trip to Hershey Park. A short drive from the park. Also close to restaurants and other stores. Kids loved the ducks out front,. Not crazy about the chocolate smell in the lobby, but then again it's Hershey so chocolate is kind of par for the course. Room was very quiet and comfortable, but would have enjoyed it more if it were darker (a good bit of hallway light filters in through the gap between the door and jamb, and the curtains don't do the best job of blocking out the light). The light switch for the bathroom is outside the bathroom (which seemed a little strange to us), and there were only two dresser drawers in the room, which was not enough space for us. Breakfast is pretty standard for what I've seen in other hotels that offer free breakfast. Liked that there was a choice between chocolate or regular waffles. Enjoyed the big swimming pool. Overall, it was a very pleasant stay and we would definitely stay again.

1 Thank vwnotabug
Kennett Square, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 17, 2011

Last weekend we were at a Girl Scout Camporee in Hershey. Horrific storms rolled through and our tents were distroyed. Everything was soaking wet and it was almost midnight. It was unsafe for the girls and we needed a place to stay. I called the Comfort Inn and they gave us their last available room. It was a suite. While I paid a high sum for the room, it was well worth getting the girls to safety. The staff was waiting for our arrival and quickly supplied lots of extra blankets and pillows for the girls to sleep on the floor. The fabulous breakfast that was included with the room was a welcome bonus, as was a the great indoor pool. I can't say enough positive things about the folks that helped us through our ordeal.

• Stayed June 2011
Hayden, Idaho
Reviewed June 14, 2011

I stayed here for 1 night to visit Hersheypark with my wife and six year old. Our room smelled like urine, the bathroom was filthy, the coffee maker had old coffee left in it, and their was never anyone around the front desk to answer questions or concerns. I'm not wasting my time talking about this dump, except to let all you know that you can find better hotels in Hershey. This hotel was close to the park, but so are 10 others. The elevators smell horrible and sound like they are going to break down. The hotel looks ok from the outside, but inside it is nothing more than a rundown motel.

Thank God I only had to spend one night here. If I was booked for longer, I would have left midstay to find another hotel. Honestly, I was in all you readers position when looking for a hotel that is a little cheaper but close to Hershey. DONT DO IT!!

9 Thank 1_Metallica_1
hershey-comfort, Manager at Comfort Inn at the Park, responded to this review, June 15, 2011
Clearly I am surprised by your review. I am here Monday through Friday during business hours, and I am often here on the weekends. I make myself available to all my guests, and would love the opportunity to speak with you about this. My phone number is 717-566-2050. Almost no one leaves our hotel dissatisfied that has spoken with me. I apologize for the negative experience you had during your stay. I make no excuses and want to let you know that I spot check rooms personally each week. My executive housekeeper and housekeeping supervisor inspect every room daily.
Jon Montgomery
Greenwich, Connecticut
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We were camping at Hershey with the Girl Scouts, it was really great EXCEPT for the thunder and lightening storm at night! One night was enough - the next night, we hightailed it for the safety and comfort of the Comfort Inn. We were so happy to be close to the park and really appreciated their help in getting us situated quickly, as it was late at night, we were drenched and exhausted from having fun at Hershey all day. I would recommend this hotel for families or anyone visiting HersheyPark, as it's VERY close and easy to get to.

1 Thank WorkingMom41