“The best sushi in Hershey.”
Review of Sakura DO

Sakura DO
Ranked #60 of 84 Restaurants in Hershey
Cuisines: Sushi
Pennsylvania
“The best sushi in Hershey.”
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

Hibachi style tuna is amazing. The sushi is always fresh and presented beautifully. The sushi chef is very accomodating and knowledgable. Off menu rolls are great.Service can be a little slow sometimes but I'm willing to wait for quality. Eating sushi is a leisure time activity, right? Order yourself a Sapporo or sip on some wine and relax while your meal is being prepared. It's worth the wait.

• Visited July 2013

Nazareth, Pennsylvania
“Very good food and a good price”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I will start with the food. My wife and I ate here a few months ago. The food was very good and reasonably priced. We are a laid back couple and not in a rush when it comes to eating our meals. The service was slow and it was not very busy, but we did not mind. The building is in need of a make over, but once again that did not bother us. If you have to have a sparkling new building and someone checking on you every 3 mins to have a good meal this may not be the place for you, but it you can overlook the old building and lack of attention while eating good food at a reasonable price than I would recommend Sakura Do.

• Visited April 2013
Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
“Awful, neglectful service.”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I gave this restaurant 3 tries over the course of a few years. The sushi is ok, I guess....if you ever get your food. Service in general was never fast, but never as bad as the last time I went. Our last visit we made reservations earlier in the week to sit at the sushi bar. When we arrived, the seats we reserved were taken by other customers, as were many tables. The flustered staff members did not seem to know anything about reservations, did not apologize for their mistake, and did not try to accommodate. After we were seated at a table, we were ignored by the staff until we stopped someone to take our drink order; same thing much later when we needed to place our food order. A couple sat down at the table next to us and were not acknowledged by any staff member during our entire stay; they had to even get their own menus. We saw another group walk in a half hour after our reservation time who were also upset because they made reservations for the same seats we did, and the seats were still not available. Why would they take 2 reservations for the same table only 30 minutes apart, and not have it available to either party? There was an entire dining room of hungry, disgruntled customers. The atmosphere was chaotic and unorganized. We were there for 90 minutes with only 1 round of drinks, no offers for refills, and no food before we were so hungry that we walked out. It was so embarrassing because my boyfriend and I brought our friends and told them how good it was. I am surprised there are not more reviews from customers in the restaurant that night, or about the service in general. I will never go back.

• Visited February 2013
Hershey, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

As a local I can tell you that this is by far the best in town. I come with my family and friends the service may not be fast but that's they great thing is that you can spend time together. The waiters do not speak that good of English but that's why they have a paper you fill out to order. The special rice bowls are amazing. Small restraints like this are great because the owners talk to you and remember you if you come more than once. It's also great if you have a date because if they don't like sushi or have never tried it there is always ital

• Visited February 2013
“The best sushi I've ever had”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I have lived in Miami, Tampa, Boston, and Pennsylvania. The sushi here is the best of all the sushi restaurants that I have enjoyed. Order the naked tuna rolls and you will not be disappointed!