“Average - Too expensive for what you get”
Review of The Milton Hotel

The Milton Hotel
Ranked #18 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
Tel-Aviv
“Average - Too expensive for what you get”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Nothing special about the hotel. Location is good if you want to visit Hershey and all of the attractions.
The rooms are average.
The breakfast was poor with not many choices no hot food (no eggs, sausage ect.)
The pool looked ok from the outside
staff is friendly
Too expensive for what you get

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Half of the building has a musty funky weird type of smell that runs through out the entrance of the lobby all thru to the back of parking lot all into the rooms. I requested a room above the smelly first floor and was told none were available, only to later on be informed that people arriving after me refusing to take these rooms easily accommodated to an upgrade in room to the 2nd and 3rd floor. My room smelled real bad and when I requested a different room on a different floor I was denied this due to so called "availability" .. They offered 3 more rooms on same 1st floor which were worse. I can't wait for the morning to check out of the hotel this horrible smell won't let me even sleep. Luckily I brought extra sheets, but I can't stay another night, air conditioner makes too many noises came back from houlihans and my door locks seem to be broken. What else can go possibly wrong? Maybe get robbed...! I wish I would have been warned by these reviews beforehand.

• Stayed August 2013

Travelers are raving about these Hershey hotels

Orrstown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 22, 2013

The location was great, a very short drive from Hershey's main attractions. Room was clean and comfortable. Air conditioning worked great...a big "make-or-break" for us. Only complaint was that the outdoor spa wasn't as clean as we would have liked. Otherwise, we would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Clifton Park, New York
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We stayed here this past weekend with a large group of friends.

When I arrived they discovered that due to a typo on their part they had no room reservation for me. I had made my reservation through Expedia but someone at their hotel entered my room as April instead of August. Even though they were sold out Kaitlyn made it happen and I was very grateful. She was also able to get me right near my group.

The staff were very helpful and friendly.

The room however was in some serious need of upgrades and repairs. The air conditioner was old and not very strong. The clothes line in the bathroom also broken. The hot tub and pool were a great place for our large group to gather-but the hot tub jets were not working. The change machine and the ice machine were not working on the first floor arcade/vending/laundry area.

Someone needs to hire a new maintenance team and invest some money in this place and it could really be great.

I've stayed in much nicer hotels for $148/night. It's only that price because its in Hershey.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Pajamas72
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We love staying at the Best Western. Hotel is always very clean and the staff is always friendly. We love the pool. We especially love the fact that it is so close to the park and the outlets. The provide a continental breakfast which is good so we don't have to worry about what we eat. We come here every year- and really enjoy it. They are very accomdating

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Bad Beds, no elevator - wife has MS - told sorry we are sold out you get what we have. Breakfast it was not. Toilet was slow, told we are working on it, so in the meantime you can use the one down the hall - was on 2nd floor and dirty. Do not stay here, we ended up getting a discount but it was not a restful time, which is why you go away. Prices were jacked up because of weekend event, but what goes around comes around.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rick m
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 12, 2013

very dirty, noise from dogs, odor in rooms, lobby dirty, this motel is not a the way the best western has been at all others we stay at. when we paid that amount for the room and found out we got a 49.00 room its up setting. I recommend you drive by this motel and is the only best western.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family