“Great staff, location and amenities but needs changes to a few key items” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Milton Hotel

The Milton Hotel
Ranked #16 of 24 Hotels in Hershey
Barto
“Great staff, location and amenities but needs changes to a few key items”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

We just stayed at this location for a basketball tournament. The location was perfect and close to everything Hershey has to offer. The rooms reserved were 230 & 232 and were in a great location within the resort. The room sizes were average for an older hotel. The sink is separate from the toilet and shower area and we did have flat screen T.V. and fridge. The walls, ceiling and furniture had wear and tear but nothing you couldn't live with. The biggest recommendation I have and is typically a deal breaker for me is the cleanliness of the room. I don't expect high end furnishings and upgrades but I do expect the room to be clean and for the most part this room was but the carpeting around the furniture and beds did not look like it was vacuumed in a long time. I did read the other Tripadvisor reviews before my stay and I find it shocking that with all the feedback from others regarding cleanliness that the management staff of this hotel do not make the necessary changes needed and get the right staff to keep the facility clean. It's a simple fix and will generate lots more business if they thoroughly clean the rooms. I'm hoping my review is taken seriously because all the other features of this hotel make it worthy for visit. It has a great outdoor pool, snack & game room along with friendly front desk personnel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

I reserved a block of 25 rooms for a sporting event in Harrisburg. Our stay was for 3 days. The staff was very friendly and helpful. With 25 families and a lot of children running around, they were extremely patient and accommodating. They opened up the breakfast area so we could sit and talk and the kids could eat pizza. My room was very clean when I arrived and the house cleaning people did a great job every day. We will be back next year. Thank you to all of the Best Western employees who showed a tremendous amount of patience and professionalism during our stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank mj2112
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

While visiting our son in college for the past 3 years, my husband and I have stayed many times at the Best Western Hotel on Sipe Avenue in Hershey. The Manager Jamie is always pleasant, friendly and helpful as well as the staff. The rooms are comfortable and always clean. I would highly recommend this hotel not only for value but location as well.

• Stayed February 2013
Sparta, New Jersey, Usa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

Convenient location. I reserved a King bed but there was confusion at the front desk with rooms, & I ended up with 2 full beds. The room was very small & not the most updated, but it served its purpose for me, as I was alone. Room could use a little updating (stained wallpaper in bathroom, rug edges frayed near wall, stains on carpet). Front desk supervisor at check-out was super helpful!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Binghamton NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

Gave an average rating mainly because of the wonderful staff. If they hadn't provided such excellent customer service, I would have rated it "poor". Room was poorly furnished, very outdated and carpet was extremely dirty. Sheets weren't changed which is ok since I put my own coverings over the top sheets so they don't get soiled, but we were there 3 nights and not even an offer to change the linens. No place to walk our dog. We asked the staff to request noisy kids who were there for a sporting event to quieten down by 9:30pm, and they took care of it. Breakfast was average, but I really liked that the staff took care of making the waffles and placing them under a heat lamp so there wasn't a line for the waffle maker. Won't go back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Waynesboro, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

When every our company has out of town work in Hershey, our employees request Best Western Inn - Hershey, PA -- not only are the rooms clean, but the staff is wonderful. We stay at this hotel for up to 6 months out of the year and would recommed everyone to stay. The rooms are clean, help our guys find laundry services, and are always ready to help them in anyway. Jamie and Stacy are the best. You will not be disappointment with this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Owings Mills, Maryland, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

Everything about my 3 night stay was perfect - except for the breakfast. Under a heat lamp dry waffles, hard boiled eggs. Only two types of cereal. I have stayed several times at the Annapolis BW and their breakfast spread is amazing!! This was sad.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank ELIZABETH S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hershey
Super 8 Hershey
Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey
Hilton Garden Inn Hershey
Hilton Garden Inn Hershey
#2 of 4 in Hummelstown

Been to The Milton Hotel? Share your experiences!